Sat Nite Auction Woohoo !!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Deep Impact

Deep Impact
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hey Guys,
Im coming tonight, first time to one of these meetings whats the story with drinks is there a bar? or byo or are you all Tea totallers? wacko.gif

#22 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

No booze allowed at all mate. I would love a couple myself but there the hall rules. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#23 Deep Impact

Deep Impact
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:06 PM

Okay, Had a feeling that might be the case, Hah the missus will suffer heehee, anyway see you there.
S

#24 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

Was a awesome night was !

Probably one of the best selections of fish that ive ever seen at an auction.

We ended up taking home some excellent fish and was a really smoothly run and enjoyable night.

Tony done a excellent job as auctioneer and everyone had plenty of time to socialize before and after the auction smile.gif

As far im concerned tonight was a raging success !!

Craig

#25 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

Big thanks to Bowdy for bringing the BBQ and doing the cooking, and Werdna for once again supplying the coffee machine and making coffees.
Good to see a full hall and some great fish for sale, too bad I missed out on the ones I was after sad.gif

Tony again did a great job welldone.gif

Overall I reckon this trial was a big success, and we should definitely look at having the auctions on saturdays.

And my apologies to Scat for asking him to work on his night off, thanks mate!

#26 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

+ 1 it was a great night , I got myself a pair of red whips I have been wanting for a long time , my apologies also to Craig , lol I can b forgetful sometimes biggrin.gif

See you all again at the next one

#27 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:06 AM

No need to apologise lol It was a awesome night and was stoked just to see something i was pushing for along time to come to fruition smile.gif

I definately beleive as once everyone gets used to the idea of Saturdays the auctions will grow and grow in size and popularity !

For those u didnt come , u really missed out on awesome night !!!!

Cheers
Craig

#28 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:05 AM

Awesome night guys! Some really stunning fish!

Thanks to the committee for making it all happen. Very organized!

Thank you Tony for stepping up and auctioneering smile.gif

#29 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Also kudos to Brad for doing all the booking work at home and to Tony for doing a great job as auctioneer! Thanks to everyone who helped make this a great night.

#30 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

Well done team, and thanks to all who supplied such awesome variety & quality fish for auction. My wife really enjoyed herself, she actually called me back in after I thought we were leaving to look at a couple of fish in the second half. Good form. Sorry Tony smile.gif , maybe we should introduce our wives to eachother...
Cheers crew,
Danny

#31 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

Thanks to all who attended and supported the first Saturday Auction and BBQ we have had for some time. Past trials have not had much in attendance, however it was very pleasing to see so many people make the effort to come along. Great to see so many new faces as well as so many of the regulars smile.gif.
Thanks to all the committee who made the whole event run so smoothly, especially Brad for organising the lots and photos, Tim for orgainising the food. Bowdy for bringing the BBQ and doing the cooking, Krystal for doing so much running around picking up stuff for the night. Sarah for the Nametags, a great idea! Scott and Jimbo for running the photos and showing the lots.
It was also great to see so many familys come along. The night started a little later than we anticipated but we still finished before 10.
It is pleasing to see the great variety of fish being brought to the auctions these days. Some rare and unusual fish along with the more common varieties. Buyers are still getting an excelent selection of quality fish at a very good price, however the sellers are also happy as the price for most is still reasonable for the effort gone into breeding, rearing and taking the fish to the auction. Hopefully there will be more Saturday Auctions to come!!

#32 JimmyTheFish

JimmyTheFish
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

Does anyone knoe if all 3 pairs of A. macmasteri were sold last night?

#33 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Scat @ Mar 6 2011, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to apologise lol It was a awesome night and was stoked just to see something i was pushing for along time to come to fruition smile.gif

I definately beleive as once everyone gets used to the idea of Saturdays the auctions will grow and grow in size and popularity !

For those u didnt come , u really missed out on awesome night !!!!

Cheers
Craig

Unfortunatley its not a good night for those preparing for the next day...if it could be earlier in the day for an afternoon auction...but hey if everyone enjoyed thats great...there is hardly ever anything for us connoisseurs of the King of the cichlid the Discus agreed.gif

#34 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

Do you have to ask the same question again?

You should have went and then you would know!!

#35 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

Yes all the Macmasteri were sold last night smile.gif Missed out on getting a pair myself.

#36 spite333

spite333
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

sounds like it was a great night, was a bugger i couldn't make it... i got married at 4pm yesterday was a great night and my now wife looked stunning, im now paying for it hung over to the max wink.gif

Cheers Mike

#37 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

Congratulations Mike smile.gif

#38 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

It was a good night I had fun as did everyone else I'm sure.
Great to see everyone again. And the BBQ was a hit so that will have to get crankin again.
Thanks Tony brad Tim matt Krystal Scotty choobies Craig and everyone else wink.gif
Cheers.

Edited by bowdy88, 07 March 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#39 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

Yes excellent night peoples good variety and bargins galore.I picked up some L's cheers steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users