Photo

Java Moss

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 terboz123

terboz123
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

having some issues keeping this stuff tied down to rocks....tried cotton (comes loose after a couple days) , cable ties

any ideas, i have a feeling my malawis seem to be pulling it out as well...

#2 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

fishing line maybe?
I used cotton on one set and fishing line on the other and the cotton string went all manky after some time

#3 Graeme76

Graeme76
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Your going to have a hard time getting Java Moss to attach to anything while you have malawis in the tank. It's not going to make much difference using fishing line to string or cable ties either. The best way would be to remove the rocks that you want the moss growing on & put them in another tank. Get the Moss established in that tank & then move them back to thier positions in the original tank. Failing that I would remove the rocks you want the moss on, place the moss where you want it & then wrap the entire rock tightly in a plastic mesh, such as that used to protect the base of trees ($5 from Bunnings). Use cable ties to hold the Moss & mesh in place. With some luck that will protect the moss enough for it to attach & start growing. If it works you could either remove the mesh or leave it there for the moss to grow right over.

#4 terboz123

terboz123
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

yerh my mainganos love it! i may moove the stuff to my bristlenose tank then for the time being....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users