Photo

Where To Buy Sw Sor?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MilkyJoe

MilkyJoe
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

As title says, where is the best place to buy quality salt water for a reef tank south of the river?

Thanks guys,

Kieran

#2 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

pet magic sell it, i think totaly tanked sell it as well but im not 100% on that one.

#3 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Totally tanked no longer exists!

#4 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

there you go, it just shows how long its been since i was last there. I definitely know pet magic sells salt water.

#5 MilkyJoe

MilkyJoe
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Pet Magic Cannington?
Thanks alot!

#6 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

You can also get it delivered, PM me and I'll give you the name and number of the bloke I use smile.gif

#7 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Pet Magic Cannington is best bet, other wise Avid Aquaia or depending how much give Fremantle OCean Famrmers a bell, they can deliever large amounts at a bargain price.

#8 aquacouple

aquacouple
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I get mine from avid. He is cheaper than everywhere else. Only 20 cents a litre!

#9 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

Wow if that's the cheapest around SOR, why not get it delivered? Mine works out @ 13.4c /lt smile.gif

Its not SOR but Seaview also sell SW @14c /lt smile.gif

#10 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

why dont you just collect it your self ?,from the beach ?????

#11 oscar m

oscar m
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (blade111 @ Jun 6 2012, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why dont you just collect it your self ?,from the beach ?????

I've never had a salt water tank but was thinking of setting one up can u put sea water in ya home reef tank is this safe? This woud be so much more easy than trying to mix up stuff and having 20 different test kits and menny moor additives to get all the levels right for fish and coral to be happy I live around 1min drive to the beach if it was a case of filling up a couple of water containers for water changes that would rock and take a lot of the expens out of it and would be able to get one going alot sooner
Sorry if I've taken over Im not meaning to:)

#12 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

many will say no ,but if you can collect it away from any say refinerys or Industrial areas, anywhere there isnt heavy boat traffic then it will be fine i used to grab it from port beach ......

#13 oscar m

oscar m
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

If I was I would get it from dawesville that water is christal clear it was the only place I would have a crab so I could see if anny yackers where coming to eat me LOL I wouldn't get it if it dident look clear or had slick on top

#14 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

you can get it delivered for bout 7c a litre thats to cheap why would you bother dragging drums up the beach when its so cheap.

i wouldnt get it from dawesville to much traffic, if you have to collect yourself choose a quiet beach where boats cant really getb to to less risk of polution.

clear water doesnt mean clean water

#15 oscar m

oscar m
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

That's really cheep wow I have been doing a little reading on line about it and moast of the sites I have come across have made it sound verry teco many to push up sales I dont know but I was thinking there must be a easyer way than mixing water with salt testing salinity adding ph buffers and water softness and just.a whole heap of guff one web site went as far as adding around 6 different chemicals and buffers for a water change and I can't rember how menny water tests it was doing my head in and new it can't be that full on really

#16 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

when i was collecting it people you to ask me what i was doing i used to tell them I'm in a cult, and we use the water for spiritual cleansing.then ask them if they want to join. ....if you decide to collect it go on high tide ......

Edited by blade111, 06 June 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#17 oscar m

oscar m
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

That's to funny!! I bet they thourght twice about sticking there nose in where it don't belong (you should have said I know where u live I call in next meating) just to get more of a bite LoL I thourght it was funny my mate who I haddent seen in a long time saying do u want to se my sharks In my shed? and here's me whatever shark fish may be but no she had 2 1 meater portjackson sharks in her shead in a holding tank I pissed my self and said where are u going to put them really? Just knocking out the wall for a 10 foot tank

#18 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

cool i like the port jackson shark seen some a vebas once ,they lay a quite distinctive egg that looks very much like a cork screw quite weird looking egg ............

#19 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

The additives aren't hard to use or confusing at all. I bought a tub of Red Sea reef builder from Vebas (cheers Pacco) and it's as simple as putting a scoop in according to tank size and stock. I use one half scoop twice a week, simple! smile.gif

I have my SW delivered 1000lts at a time, cost effective and no more lugging around drums of water smile.gif

I've also kept a PJ shark, they grow big, fast! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users