Anyone Been To Kl?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

Has anyone on this forum been to Kuala Lumpur for a Holiday?

Flights are cheap as chips from Perth, and I'm looking for somewhere different to Bali for a change.

#2 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:21 PM

KL, Singapore etc IMO/IME are fairly boring destinations. I am a firm believer that if you had a 'bad' time on a holiday the blame lies with the traveller and not the destination. I just didn't particularly care for KL (singapore is alright, wouldn't rush back). If I was stciking to Asia, I'd rather revisit Vietnam or Thailand.

What are you doing Family, couples or boys trip?

#3 chocky

chocky
  • Photo Comp Official

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

yep i agree. unless you go to other parts of malaysia, KL is pretty stock standard. i dont particularly like it and its not really that safe atm either.

singapore is good because its clean, efficient and most people speak english. but its getting pretty expensive. 

#4 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:40 PM

What are you doing Family, couples or boys trip?

Oops sorry should have mentioned that before. It's a family trip.

I have never had a bad time in Bali. I actually really enjoy going to Bali. Doesn't get much better than cheap flights, accommodation, and beer. That and lots of fun things to do like watersports, quad biking, waterparks. Just thought there would be other suitable destinations for a family holiday.

Thanks for that advice. Appreciate it.

#5 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:02 AM

How about going to Phuket Jas, i hear that's a real blast and a good bang for buck.

#6 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

Too soon perhaps?
Already been to Phuket. Plus I'd rather fly somewhere direct to and from Perth.

#7 dicky7

dicky7
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:49 AM

Hey mate give Kl a miss and go straight to Penang   miles of beaches etc and very laid back  ... well it was don't know now

#8 Ageofaquariums

Ageofaquariums
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Love KL!

Great shopping and lots of stuff to see. Check out the bird park and the cop museum.

For us it was all about exploring the massive shopping centres, and night markets.

Then we bused it up West coast to Penang Island and had an explore. Interesting old town, quite a few aquariums.

Then Ferry to Langkawi, enjoy the "bali style" Island tours, mangrove thai restaurant, croc farms and fancy hotels.

Then went checked out Kota Baru national park, and then trained it down the East coast and back to KL.

East coast was a bit srsly religious for us but we really enjoyed everything else, was an amazing adventure. I found Malaysia safe, cheap and just a lot of fun.

That said.

The haze from Indonesia forest fires can make the place as gloomy as London.  The taxi drivers are scammers. The toilets are gross as. Plenty of moments that were smelly or dirty.

Still, epic awesome holiday :)

#9 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 21 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

After watching the last couple of episodes of WA Weekender abroad, I'm pretty keen to go to Singapore. Will save up for that, since it's more expensive. Thanks again everyone for your advice

#10 fuggers

fuggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:36 PM

the transformers ride (not the movies) at sentosa made the trip to singapore worth it

#11 Ageofaquariums

Ageofaquariums
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

Singapore is same cost as Australia.....  I am telling you, the short bus ride to KL is worth it for shopping!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users