French Bulldog

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 drukqs2369

drukqs2369
  • Banned

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

some one sell me one

anyone know how i can get my hands on one?

#2 cichlovr

cichlovr
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

Try breeders on Dogzonline, like this one :

http://www.dogzonlin...p?name=BRITBULL

Pricey dogs $1500+....cute though smile.gif

#3 drukqs2369

drukqs2369
  • Banned

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:58 AM

yeah they are costly but they're worth it

they can't actually reproduce naturally or even give birth naturally either.. but that's what makes them special haha

#4 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

Ive got 2 French Bulldogs. Photos of my male (Beefy) and a litter we had 18 months ago.

There is a hell of alot involved in breeding frenchies!

Dave

Attached Files

#5 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:49 PM

plz explain why they cant mate or give birth naturally??

#6 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

Natural mating and birth is possible but quite rare. In the process of mating the two dogs dont really match up! Also being very solid, I have heard that males will become exhausted and just about die trying (frenchies dont like the heat as they can have trouble regulating their body temperature)

The pups have very large heads and shoulder size, combined with a tapering body shape of the bitch. Narrow pelvis shape then further compromises the situation. The relatively large size of puppies, particularly in smaller litters can again increase the incidence of caesarians.

The breed is a miniature mollossoid (mastiff), characterised by a large head and solid body. The height at the shoulder relative to the bone and muscle weight ratio is phenomenal when comparing this breed to almost any other.

See:

http://www.frenchbul...hie_health.html

#7 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

Tried buying one a year ago but only to find out it is absolutely ridiculus trying to obtain one. I went down to the dog shows and met a bunch of breeders and pretty much showed interest got signed up with a club and bought a calender, a year later I've got another form asking if I wanted to pay for further membership. I have still not heard from any of the breeders that have me on the waiting list.
The whole dog showing/breeder thing is very clicky and weird you have to kiss up to the right people to get one and be prepared to fork out $4000 for one and the life time vet bills you may get with it.
Make sure you do your research and know what your in for because in my opinion bulldogs are high maintenance.

If your after one and dont wanna go through the all bullshit look over east and freight one over.
I ended up picking an aussie bulldog pup from victoria for $1500. It was soooo much easier than kissin up to these french bulldog breeders.

#8 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

I agree, there are some very weird dog breeders out there !

Before we got our frenchies, we went to a Pug breeder to buy a pug ($1400) only to be told that we weren't good enough as no dog, especially a flat faced breed should be brought up with kids. (we had a 3 year old) The women was a compltete nutter.

Its really weird timing because our we are expecting a litter very soon ! it was an accidental natural mating. Anyway since then she has had 3 ultrasounds (that indicate 5 pups) so if anyone is genuinely after a French please PM me !

Cheers
Dave

#9 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (dave06 @ Sep 20 2010, 02:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, there are some very weird dog breeders out there !

Before we got our frenchies, we went to a Pug breeder to buy a pug ($1400) only to be told that we weren't good enough as no dog, especially a flat faced breed should be brought up with kids. (we had a 3 year old) The women was a compltete nutter.

Its really weird timing because our we are expecting a litter very soon ! it was an accidental natural mating. Anyway since then she has had 3 ultrasounds (that indicate 5 pups) so if anyone is genuinely after a French please PM me !

Cheers
Dave

If only I had found you earlier.... sad.gif
Still tempted though. tongue.gif

#10 AnjaH

AnjaH
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

are you going to be asking $4k each for them too dave :S, everyones right about breeders being a bit nutty i met a lady who scried (spelling?) for the sex of the pups when they were born i mean i thought it was pretty obvious if a puppy was male or female??

#11 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

Our puppies arrived safely
Here are some photos , taken at one week old.

Attached Files

#12 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

another

Attached Files

#13 dave06

dave06
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

another

Attached Files

#14 AnjaH

AnjaH
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

gorgeous!

#15 drukqs2369

drukqs2369
  • Banned

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

damn son i wish i had cash i'd grab the first little one.. if it had a doodle..

how many pups did u get out of the litter?

#16 ilikefish

ilikefish
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:13 PM

I hope these pups find good homes, with people who will love and care for them.

*These are special animals that are difficult and expensive to look after. Don`t buy one thinking it makes you cool, because Paris Hilton has one.

Take it from someone whos had a few over the years. They are wonderful, but not for everyone. And your wrong decision should not be the puppy`s price to pay.

Just my 2 cents . . .

#17 drukqs2369

drukqs2369
  • Banned

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

i just found out my dog is a dingo x

i still wouldn't mind a frenchie but im thinking i'd really like to get another dingo now

QUOTE (ilikefish @ Oct 1 2010, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*These are special animals that are difficult and expensive to look after. Don`t buy one thinking it makes you cool, because Paris Hilton has one.

Take it from someone whos had a few over the years. They are wonderful, but not for everyone. And your wrong decision should not be the puppy`s price to pay.

Just my 2 cents . . .

expensive in which way?

that advice pretty much applies to any breed of any kind of dog. don't get it because it makes u look cool. you should always take care of your animals.

#18 smellsfishy

smellsfishy
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

dave06 your hairier than your dogs tongue.gif

#19 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (ilikefish @ Oct 2 2010, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just my 2 cents . . .

I 100% agree with this, they are high maintenance dogs and have possible pricey vet bills, if anyone decides on getting one of these dogs I would recomend getting pet insurance early and be prepared to keep them inside most of the time ESPECIALLY on hot days.

#20 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (drukqs2369 @ Oct 3 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just found out my dog is a dingo x

i still wouldn't mind a frenchie but im thinking i'd really like to get another dingo now

expensive in which way?

that advice pretty much applies to any breed of any kind of dog. don't get it because it makes u look cool. you should always take care of your animals.

Expensive to buy, I think from a registered breeder I think they go from about $3000-$4000.
I'm sure daves would be cheaper though.
Possible vet bills from the array of things that can go wrong with your bully. Ive owned a mutt a staffy and now a bulldog and the mutt hardly ever went to the vet staffy was minimal but the bulldog has cost plenty in vet bills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users