Photo

Change Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stuey

Stuey
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:30 AM

Wild Discus have gone due to me not having the spare time to keep up the required maintenance. I have re-scaped the tank accordingly. Currently the stock is an estimated 50 demasoni ranging from fry to adult size. Future plans are to add 10-20 yellow labs and some more narrow leafed java fern for the crevices between the rocks and some vallis on the right hand side to hide the intake pipe and heater. 

Attached File  tank 2.jpg   85.55KB   3 downloads

Edited by Stuey, 22 September 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#2 discuslover81

discuslover81
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

big change Stuey...all discus gone already?

#3 Stuey

Stuey
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hey mate,

Yep all gone to new homes so now just a house full of africans. Looking forward to the low maintenance of Mbuna...

#4 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

I love demasoni. Be prepared for the alpha male to take over the tank and bash (AKA Kill) any other males as they get bigger.

My favuorite Malawi cichlid. Once one girl cops a mouthful, they all start breeding. Such tarts! ha ha

#5 Stuey

Stuey
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:07 PM

This is a group i had in my breeding rack where normally i would remove the weaker males as they start to get picked off but as you can appreciate there's no way i'm taking all that rock down to catch anything in that tank. So i will just have to let nature take its course, brutal as it may be. 

There's 3 females with mouthfuls at the moment. i'm also hoping with no predatory there should be a few survivors from every spit, bit of a survival of the fittest. I'm interested to see how the population changes over the coming months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users