Photo

Unwell Jack Help Plz

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

any live fish coming into your tank have the potential to bring in nasties... it may not happen 9/10 times... but sooner or later something gets in... hence why the pellets and frozen foods can be more desirable as they dont have the potential to bring in any of the nasties live food can smile.gif

hope that helps..... knowing this it doesnt stop me feeding live foods but makes me more aware of whats happening in the tank.... eyes open and watch their behaviour and appearance....

i like the salt path as its cheap and doesnt wipe out your bacteria like some chemical treatments do.... after all they do live the majority of their life in salt water...

#22 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

Mine was wild caught and took hikari carnivore from day one, id give it a shot if I were you. All the other food that you currently have (frozen shrimp etc) I would just get rid of. All its going to do is foul up your tank and keep encouraging your jack to be fussy. When hes all better and healthy go and buy some fresh fish(salmon is best but almost anything will be ok)/squid (not prawns) from your local seafood shop and give him that as a treat. Prawns contain thiaminase which can lead to poisoning in aquarium fish being fed on lots of prawns.

Hope your jack makes it mate.

#23 tim-o

tim-o
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thanks mate, will get some, Im a mad fisho so my own caught fish and squid will be kept for treats

#24 tim-o

tim-o
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Carked it ffs

#25 scotty81

scotty81
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

Sorry to here

#26 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Damn... Sorry to hear mate...

#27 tim-o

tim-o
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for the advise guys. Although I may have made a few mistakes, I dont believe highish nitrate levels and feeding pond caught glass shrimp were mistakes that would normally lead to an unwell fish then mortality. The place I bought the jack from has a shared filter system for all its tanks and I know they had been treating for white spot so perhaps I bought the jack home with parasites and the new environment was enough stress to cause the disease to have affect and then a secondary infection to ultimately take over. I guess the juvi jacks have to be 'handled with care'

#28 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

Duuuuuuuuude should have left the fish there. Wouldn't shop there again.

#29 tim-o

tim-o
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I had been in there several times over 2 weeks since they got the jacks in observing them before i bought one. It wasnt till he started flashing about a week or 2 after I got him home that they sold me some knockout that they also use in their tanks and it was then they said they successfully treated ws on some fish etc...

#30 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Sell you a fish with WS, then sell you the treatment for WS. Double sale.

#31 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Profiteering at its lowest. Shameful.

#32 convict paul

convict paul
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Sorry to hear mate, never fun losing a fish sad.gif!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users