benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

white spot would of show up by now !!! Flukes. Ive given you the answer

#22 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:30 PM

Yeah i thought there should of been some whitespot visible by now and have gone through the turning up the temp adding salt and med with no improvement though the oscar that had white spot improved heaps.

I actually did a water change and added the carbon to remove the whitespot meds but am keeping some salt in there. I did this so i could begin treatment for flukes but yes i will remove before medicating.

Ive never used carbon before didn't even know what it did, i've only just found out it can remove meds so I thought it would be a good idea to use it to remove the meds.

Thanks guys. biggrin.gif

#23 madasa

madasa
  • Banned

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

My bad - I thought you said you could see the white spots earlier in the post.

Rapid, one sided gill movement associated with rubbing is likely flukes - salt and heat once again should do the job.

Pete

#24 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 June 2007 - 10:55 AM

Cheers thanks Pete i'm keeping fingers crossed

#25 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

(benckie)
white spot would of show up by now !!! Flukes. Ive given you the answer

Ive bought a cheap internal UV sterilizer power head filter from ageofaquariums I'll give it a go... waiting for it to arive

#26 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

what kind of fish you have in the tank ?

#27 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

In my small tank 100L 1xSiamese tiger fish 1xsenegal birchir 1xoscar 2xgold spot and 1xL333 all babies

#28 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:08 PM

while you wait and if its a really bad witch sonds like it is try using some of this stuff Praziquantel i have used it with cats clowns and pleco,s instead of using one tab for 20 ltr i use 1 tab for 50 ltr or more it helps

#29 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:40 PM

Hmmm Praziquantel this is the second siamese tigerfish i have had the last one i tried using Praziquantel on it it went straight to the surface of the tank and really stressed out its breathing it seemed to aggitate its gills more the end result was a dead fish sad.gif

Pics of its gills all clumped up

Anyway I've started treatment with another waterlife product Sterazin
Seems to be doing the trick. the tigerfish has improved behaviour is looking normal it begs for food and bashes the crap out of the oscar definitely good signs. biggrin.gif

So far the waterlife products are really good it doesn't seem to hit your fish with a heavy shot and doesn't colour the water or affect your biological filter.

#30 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:10 PM

damm no good ! Sterazin is good ! i didnt think they made it any more looks like they do

#31 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

it looks like its gills have ammonium burn???

#32 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

Its called gill hyperplasia swelling of the gills, It started from disease/s ? all water conditions were good. The fish already had trouble breathing and i think praziquantel made things worse by this stage.
I've also read these fish can be sensitive to meds.

#33 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:38 PM

red gill,s is also a sing of gill flukes. what amount of praziquantel did you put in ?

#34 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

Cant quite remember but i treated my 6 foot tank and took directions from the bottle all other fish were fine with it.

#35 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

with praziquantel you have to be careful with pleco,s cats clowns and bgk if you go by the bottle it will kill ya fish i normaly use 1 tab to 50 or 100 ltr instead of 1 tab to 20 ltr

#36 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Ooh lucky it didnt kill my cats and plecos they seemed to have survived
guess i found out the hard way about prazi so after its bitter taste iv'e kinda shyed away from it i'm too scared to even try it again.

My siamese tiger is recovering very well, still an odd scratch here and there but behaviour is very normal its still in treatment at the moment but outlook is great! biggrin.gif

#37 Mintox

Mintox
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:11 PM

Where abouts can you pick up Praziquantel? I have some kind of parasite in my tank with flashing every now and then and I'm a little scared in using para-ex, active constituent being Trichlorfon.

#38 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

You can pick up Praziquantel from your LFS the waterlife product Sterazin i used was really good if you want to try that but kind of expensive if you want to treat a big tank, it treats Flukes and other worms.

#39 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:20 PM

(Mintox)
Where abouts can you pick up Praziquantel? I have some kind of parasite in my tank with flashing every now and then and I'm a little scared in using para-ex, active constituent being Trichlorfon.

pcs sponsors

#40 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

Just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my post and tried to help with adding their bits and pieces of their knowledge, all the information was very helpful thankyou. Keep up the good work!

Just want to show you the little fella i was worried about this is him when he wasn't looking to hot hiding in the corner of the tank.

And here he is with a mouthful of food looking great.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users