New Beginnings In Tb's...new Pic In Last Post

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

G'day PCS crew...

After much planning here is an initial shot of the 2.75m x 0.75m x 0.65m (1340 litre) display tank I have had the priviledge of getting going at my work. It has corner overflows and a 1.5m x 0.61m x 0.31m 3 section simple sump with 140 litres running volume. Total circulating volume is 1480 litres. Sump has an eheim compact 5000 + 2 x 300W eheim heaters. The bio-media is 50 litres of expanded clay, jap mat, and filter wool sheets for the solid waste. In next few days I will be mounting 3 x 120W dalua 119 bulb LED's from an I- beam above the tank. The 3D background is universal rocks "rocky".

Paul at Morley built teh tank and did an exceptionally neat and awesome job. He also installed the background as he could suppy and fit it for 30 bucks less than I could buy it...

A mate welded the stand for me (certified welder) and the panels which enclose the stand were designed by me and constructed by another friend works with metal.

It is an aussie natives display. Stock will be 1 saratoga jardini, 3 barra, 5 red scats (not aussie), 5 mono's, 2 salmontails, 2 black eeltails, 4 archers, and 4 GS pleco's (also not aussie) to clean up algae. Will see how it handles that stock level once fish have grown out.

In this pic tank is not in place as yet. Is now back against the wall in rear of pic. Is outside but fully undercover in an outdoor, fully fenced eating area with cctv for security.

More pics of finished product to come later this week.

Cheers for looking.

Dano

Edited by danotaylor, 04 May 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#2 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Looking good so far dano but hanging out to see it with the fish in.

Seems like you've put a lot of thought behind this project. I hope your colleagues appreciate the effort

#3 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Couple of pics with some water and fish smile.gif I can't wait to see this tank!!

#4 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

cheers Riggers...doesn't do it justice though...a mate who is a dslr maniac will come take pics when it is all finished this week...better pics to come SOON smile.gif

#5 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh mate! Let me know when I can come for a look smile.gif

#6 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Tank looks mint mate. Well done.

Good choice in fish. I love archers, have a couple big ones in my tank. They have started spitting at things, especially lighters if i leave them on the lids. See if you can get your hands on some 'prehistoric' archers.

I reckon a Bullrout would go nicely in that tank.

Edited by Peckoltia, 24 April 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#7 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Mate I'll bring the camera when I come round smile.gif

#8 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Sorry got my common names confused. Should have been primitive archer not prehistoric.

#9 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Heres a panorama pic of Dano's tank smile.gif 5 pics stitched together coz i didn't have a lens wide enough!! More pics to come smile.gif Thanks for having me round Dano smile.gif

#10 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Looks great! Good work both of u.

Daz

#11 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Riggermortis @ Apr 30 2012, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heres a panorama pic of Dano's tank smile.gif 5 pics stitched together coz i didn't have a lens wide enough!! More pics to come smile.gif Thanks for having me round Dano smile.gif

Cheers for the good time/feed man! Tank looks great and a great eye opening experience into your community.

Hope ya enjoy the Scat.

Peace

#12 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Tank looks a million bucks mate.

#13 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Couple more pics smile.gif bit of reflection from some stuff in the background but got a few nice pics smile.gif

#14 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Riggers awesome pix dude...thanks so much for taking em and putting them up...the panorama is a cracker...love it!!

It was sweet to have you, Raymondo, Sam & Dave stop by for tea last night at the tank-side table...great to see you all...and thanks again for the red scat Sam...a very unexpected but welcome gift...cheers!

Thanks for the kind remarks Daz & Alex.

#15 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (Peckoltia @ Apr 24 2012, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tank looks mint mate. Well done.

Good choice in fish. I love archers, have a couple big ones in my tank. They have started spitting at things, especially lighters if i leave them on the lids. See if you can get your hands on some 'prehistoric' archers.

I reckon a Bullrout would go nicely in that tank.

Alex, where do you get prehistoric archers from? and bullrouts? what happened with that group buy from the guy overeast where the routs where $20 each.
Jules

Edited by Jules, 01 May 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#16 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Awesome tank dano, will look even better once everything puts on a bit of size and condition too! Was a nice dinner and good to see the lads and meet sam, we should do another dinner when you get back and see the difference in size!

#17 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

those scats are ace!

#18 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

Tank looks awesome! Well done.

#19 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Love that bit of wood.

A small group of oxe-eye herring would also look great in that tank.

#20 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (danotaylor @ May 1 2012, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Riggers awesome pix dude...thanks so much for taking em and putting them up...the panorama is a cracker...love it!!

It was sweet to have you, Raymondo, Sam & Dave stop by for tea last night at the tank-side table...great to see you all...and thanks again for the red scat Sam...a very unexpected but welcome gift...cheers!

Thanks for the kind remarks Daz & Alex.

No worries man!

I'm sure he will get appreciated a bit more in there with a few more of his own kind!

Do it again sometime soon. Welcome to come check out my tanks anytime you want as well.

Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users