Photo

Otohime Fish Food

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:21 PM

I'm chasing a new staple food source for my Ray's and larger fish.
And speaking to other Ray keepers, have come to the conclusion that otohime seems to be a super quality product for a lesser cost then say hikari.
Now, who sells/knows where to get it?

Thanks
Jules

#2 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

Been a few PMs so thank you, however one of the only places that stocks it only has the small pellet sizes, chasing an EP4 pellet (4-6mm).

Can any of the sponsors source this?

#3 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

Aquasonic ships bulk foods into oz often, they can bring you the sizes you want in their next shipment.
If you decide you want to continue using it, you could order double the amount you need, so once you use your first lot up, you then order another single amount as you would normally,,, it would take a while to get to oz, but you'd still have all your second half to use.
So essentially every now and then you'd have to double order to last till next supply.
From memory I think they do monthly orders.
Great food for tanks with heavy bio-loads,,, makes the misus and the bank account much happier to... :)

#4 Jules

Jules
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

They said they can order it and will be, curious if any LFS can also, and what sort of prices does it work out.

Mark, them 2 things are rarely happy when it comes to his hobby........ :D

#5 Buccal

Buccal
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

Hah ha,, I've become very aware of that Jules, and I find it very amusing as I have a big smile on my face as I type this.
Them 2 things I've never had issues with,,, but I know that's very abnormal as I'm a abnormal guy lol,,,, I'm strange but not in a bad way lol. Single and cashed up, the way I like it.

There are no distributors or sales reps in oz to regulate it, so you won't see it around.
Aquasonic is a supplier of big business as well as us little guys,,, so they ship very large quantity direct from Japan.
If you do find else where, it's likely more expensive as it's likely purchased from aquasonic by the shop or seller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users