Photo

urgent Help with windows needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 me

me
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:04 AM

This seems petty but it is rather urgent for me.
I really need some help with installing soem fonts.
I just downloaded about 60 fonts all zip files i firstly unzipped them to windows>fonts folder didnt work so i unzipped them to another folder then copy and pasted they still didnt work. I restarted comp and they still do not work.
By not working i meen, they show up in the folder Windows>FONTS but they dont show up in programs like adobe photoshop and word....no program as a matter of fact.

These fonts are crucial to some work i am currently in the process of so any help would just be awsome!

#2 saudukar

saudukar
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:11 PM

Sometimes you need to install them via the ADD FONT dialogue box in Control Panel>Fonts. Some TTF fonts install automatically when added to the windows/fonts directory some require a install to correctly align them with the keyboard ASCII letter equivelency.

Some just wont work at all. As some TTF's are specifically designed for non 101 american keyboards which means they will work on certain letters (A-Z, 0,9) but not all. But mostly they stuff up because the font designer was just to lazy to do all 101 characters.

Nature commits no errors; right and wrong are human categories. | Perth Joondalup, WA | saudukar.owns.it

#3 me

me
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:18 PM

k cheers anyway but nuthing seems to work.
All files are installed and located properly in the fonts folder, just when i drop down the list of fonts in adobe i scroll through the fonts, they arnt there. :nsg
p00p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users