Photo

No More V8supercars In Wa

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nivola

Nivola
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Guys I know there are some rev heads in here and It looks like all motorsport will die including V8supercars in this state. Bloody Labor

Read this and you should feel the same as me.

http://www.thewest.c...ContentID=96212

This aint something I normally do but Im sick of WA letting everything go because of a bunch of knob heads that have no idea about what is going to effect things.

I was at the track last week and it was getting not to nice with the power pole going up. The kart club is 5oometers from the main gates to Wanneroo raceway.

I know where my vote is going!

#2 kuhni

kuhni
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:25 PM

Independent!

Luckily for Labour and me tongue.gif It's not hard to be better than a liberal.

Can't trust an article by the west australian, might as well be a Liberal party newsletter.

#3 divine

divine
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (Nivola @ Sep 5 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys I know there are some rev heads in here and It looks like all motorsport will die including V8supercars in this state.

That's not such a bad thing, considering the carbon emissions, the toxic fumes and the wastage of resources put into manufacturing hi-octane fuel (plus at least 7-18 people die per week at fuel refineries around the world) just so people can drive around the circuit a zillion times to prove they are faster at the expense of the environment.

#4 kuhni

kuhni
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

Yeah I'm more of a motoGP fan anyway tongue.gif

#5 Nivola

Nivola
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

Well if your a bike fan you wont have a bike track here either!!!

Hmmm you will only get the chance to see Isle of man TT racers once in WA

#6 seriavo

seriavo
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (divine @ Sep 5 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's not such a bad thing, considering the carbon emissions, the toxic fumes and the wastage of resources put into manufacturing hi-octane fuel (plus at least 7-18 people die per week at fuel refineries around the world) just so people can drive around the circuit a zillion times to prove they are faster at the expense of the environment.

Horses for corses Divine...........

#7 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (divine @ Sep 5 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Refinery deaths have nothing to do with car racing, and more to do with the zero safety culture in the countries they are refined in.

Motorsport is an integral part of vehicle research and development. Millions and millions of dollars every year are spent by racing companies to develop new technology for vehicles. And alot of it ends up filtering down to the cars we drive. This research helps create cleaner and more fuel efficient cars that do not lose power, as that is a big goal in racing... more laps with less fuel means less pit stops and faster times. ie variable valve timing started in F1
There is more to racing vehicles that laps around a track.

Also for the greenies... in the first 10 years of its life, a Toyota Prius leaves a bigger carbon footprint on our earth than a Hummer, due to the chemicals required and polutants caused to manufacture those batteries that need replacing every 5 years at $10,000. and its slow!

#8 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:14 AM

oh what a shame all that spruuking and the car turns out to be more costly than a falcodore to buy, then the maintenance cost is like bending over for a pineapple. The v8 racing isn't much of a loss cause lets face it, its no longer who has the best car, its a race of 2 different badges on a generic chassis.

PS The new cars that go fast, use half the fuel to make nearly double the horsepower of their predecessors, now that's being environmental.

#9 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

Just so you all know i have been involved in Motorsport in W.A since i was about 2. The V8 Supercars next year was the last year for them in W.A anyway as they arent renewing the contract after next year. Secondly the cars DO NOT run on high octane fuel its normal unleaded fuel, they are changing to the new enviro friendly fuel next year or the year after.

So it isnt quite the governments fault like you think it is AVESCO fault if anything.

Yes the government is opposed to a street race for some reason but the WASCC is working on that with them to try and find ways and means to make it happen.

#10 4x4xfar

4x4xfar
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:29 PM

That sucks, I'm a Power Station operator and I like the fact that more Gas Fired Power Stations are going up, but I am also into V8 Supercars, I knew that Barbagallo was closing but I thought they would build another track!

#11 booze

booze
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (CCA001 @ Sep 6 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just so you all know i have been involved in Motorsport in W.A since i was about 2. The V8 Supercars next year was the last year for them in W.A anyway as they arent renewing the contract after next year. Secondly the cars DO NOT run on high octane fuel its normal unleaded fuel, they are changing to the new enviro friendly fuel next year or the year after.

So it isnt quite the governments fault like you think it is AVESCO fault if anything.

Yes the government is opposed to a street race for some reason but the WASCC is working on that with them to try and find ways and means to make it happen.

exactly!

werent they looking at an international track in bunbury but that died in the ass too?

#12 BiGz

BiGz
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:23 AM

It affects other motor sports to sad.gif but race fuels are generally unleaded (as in high octane still) now anyway and actually as has been said are probably more environment friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users