Electric Orange

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wysiwyg

wysiwyg
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2003 - 06:26 AM

Hi,
For those whom I spoke to earlier, this is my electric orange. He is not colour fed and is a natural morph. Does anyone have any orange ones or other colour (white or blue)? If so, can I buy them from you??? Wanna get some of these babies breeding!!!:good

groups.msn.com/MerjosAquaria/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=16

wys

Edited by: wysiwyg at: 12/29/03 10:28 pm

#2 Anita ozfish

Anita ozfish
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2003 - 04:43 PM

Geez Wysi, that photo really doesn't do the fish justice. I think you should separate him with some girls and monitor each mouthful to see what you get out of them - well worth the project. :mb
This is definitely not a colour fed fish - he looks really weird and really orangey looking. If you want white looking yellows, there are plenty about (we call them electric greys in Sydney :lol ) but I just consider them to be really bad quality yellows - I think what you have there is an oddity and you should focus an throwing him back over onto more yellows :good

electral@bigpond.com | web | Sydney, Australia.

#3 mtchye

mtchye
  • Validating

Posted 30 December 2003 - 07:18 PM

Hmm yeah its probably a good idea to mate it with a good quality yellow of the opposite sex, then keep the best of the young and try for another generation. The way yellows go - shouldn't take you too long to see if this trait will resurface again.. :)

Good luck, nice looking yellows you have there too...

Visit the:
Perth Cichlid Society Forums

#4 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2003 - 11:31 PM

Good luck Wys.:good

Looks like you have a project on your hands.
As the others have said; vent the orange-yellow and go from there. You would have to figure the orange gene to be recessive if you don't see it displayed in some of the fry in each batch and if that is the case you may have to pick some of his best fry and put him over them to see what the results are.

Should provide you with hours of entertainment :rollin

Would be a good seller the the General Public also I think...Colour of a Puulu Point, attitiude of a Yellow. Sounds like a winner to me Wys, well done.

#5 safeway trolly

safeway trolly
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 January 2004 - 03:39 AM

Hey There
Intresting you bring this up. a guy in Melbourne also has / had them E/Orange which look like your ones
and his wernt colour feed.....I hope ya project goes well.
catchya

#6 wysiwyg

wysiwyg
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:50 AM

Hi Safeway,
Don't suppose you know how I can contact him??

wys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users