Photo

lonely e/yellow??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ShAuN03

ShAuN03
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2003 - 08:04 AM

hey, bought an electric yellow about two weeks ago which is around 3". The first two days he seemed fine but he soon found a nice cave and has been hiding in there all dark and lonely by himself for almost 2 weeks.

The last two days i have seen him out of his cave a bit and he seems quite normal although he swims very close to the bottom of the tank and not the mid-section where most fish swim. In the shop i bought him in he was kept in a 3' x 3' black tub which was only about 1' high.

He was kept in the tub with about 15 other 3" electric yellows. Could he be very lonely in my tank now that he has no electric yellows to swim with or is he just shy now that he is with lots of other fish in a glass tank.
Either way i will be gettin another electric yellow soon to keep him company.

Andrew

#2 Barca888

Barca888
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 December 2003 - 08:51 AM

I dont think fish really care about being lonely. Having alota fish however does make them feel more comfortable (safety in numbers). Is your water chemistry correct? How large is your tank? Some fish dont feel very comfortable in small tanks.

#3 ShAuN03

ShAuN03
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:52 PM

im not too sure about my water chemistry but im pretty sure its all quite normal. My tank is 3' x 18" x 18" so i dont think the size of my tank is the problem. Anyway he has been out of his cave for about 3 days now, hes just not swimming around. Hopefully this is a problem i will just have to wait to fix itself.

Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users