Awesome... Glow In The Dark Cichlids

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

I think a majority of people on here know all about the so called "Glofish" Zebra Danio, but how about these nice cichlids?

http://www.practical...nt.php?sid=2962

I'd still much rather prefer Honduran Redpoints wink.gif

Don't worry guys, there's no need to get your knickers in a twist AQIS will NEVER let these in to the country.

It makes me wonder though... I imagine they'd make good live bait considering the enthusiasm angling species show when you put one of those little lights near your bait tongue.gif

#2 smellsfishy

smellsfishy
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

i hate these mutant fish! i got told that they extract genes from jellyfish and inject it into them to make them glow, these fish should be banned everywhere for cruelty.
what wrong with a normal angel.

#3 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (smellsfishy @ Jul 22 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what wrong with a normal angel.

ummmm.... they dont glow in the dark???? great if you want a fish tank in your room and want to have a night light on and the fish tank light is too bright to leave on all night..... saves energy too - be carbon neutral!!!

they should make cats glow in the dark next..... easier to see when you look down the view finder of a shot gun at night..... see - it is a useful scientific study.... laugh.gif

#4 smellsfishy

smellsfishy
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Mr_docfish @ Jul 22 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ummmm.... they dont glow in the dark???? great if you want a fish tank in your room and want to have a night light on and the fish tank light is too bright to leave on all night..... saves energy too - be carbon neutral!!!

they should make cats glow in the dark next..... easier to see when you look down the view finder of a shot gun at night..... see - it is a useful scientific study.... laugh.gif

yes maybe, but how do they do it... if what i heard was right then i think its wrong.

#5 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

from what i read briefly....

The genetic changes are made to the fishes eggs once they are laid.... so not to the actual fish.

Im not sure if they would reproduce glow in the dark young naturally i didnt read that far was to busy looking at the pwetty pictures

#6 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

They are genetically modified, so they will pass this trait on.... the babies will glow .....

#7 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:55 PM

Awsome thats not cruel at all...

I wonder if they could get them to glow different colours

#8 smellsfishy

smellsfishy
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

i was told wrong then.

#9 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Mr_docfish @ Jul 22 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LMAO laugh.gif laugh.gif

#10 OrangeBemba

OrangeBemba
  • Forum Member

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

I know its wrong in so many ways but

Don't you think it would make a fantastic night light for kids. wink.gif

#11 Sparky

Sparky
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:06 AM

I really like the idea of glow cats (even tho they should all be inside at night time)would make night time driving a lot more fun tongue.gif

#12 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

A quick word on cat cruelty thats mentioned here by a few people, according to psychologists, Australian society has feminised the cat, and because this feminine persona has been labelled on our felines they have attracted the cruel attention from certain men who cant satisfy a woman or are weak and failing in relationships with women and thus vent their frustration by being cruel to the "feminised" cat.

Anyhow on the fish, what worries me is that these kinds of fish along with the dyed and tattooed ones attract amatures who have no intention of learning about the correct way to maintain a fish properly. These same "impulse" buyers are likely to enter the hobby for the purpose of a short term fashion fancy and cram these fish into a new cheap and instant setup where the fish will live a short and miserable life, where they will be lucky to live long enough before their novelty wears off.

Cheers
Den smile.gif

#13 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Den @ Jul 23 2010, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyhow on the fish, what worries me is that these kinds of fish along with the dyed and tattooed ones attract amatures who have no intention of learning about the correct way to maintain a fish properly. These same "impulse" buyers are likely to enter the hobby for the purpose of a short term fashion fancy and cram these fish into a new cheap and instant setup where the fish will live a short and miserable life, where they will be lucky to live long enough before their novelty wears off.

These are the same people that are likely to "impulse" buy cute Kittens they see in pet shops without a proper understanding of the cat's requirements and let them roam around the neighborhood at night eating our fauna. I in NO WAY justify cruelty to animals as has been jokingly refereed to by a few members in this post.

#14 RAMBO

RAMBO
  • Banned

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Blakey @ Jul 22 2010, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awsome thats not cruel at all...

I wonder if they could get them to glow different colours

Im with you i want a tank full glowing every diffrent coulor of the rainbow the fish would definetly be noctornual cause it aint gona sleep at night lol

#15 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

A quick word on cat cruelty thats mentioned here by a few people, according to psychologists, Australian society has feminised the cat, and because this feminine persona has been labelled on our felines they have attracted the cruel attention from certain men who cant satisfy a woman or are weak and failing in relationships with women and thus vent their frustration by being cruel to the "feminised" cat.

Den.. Your ability to come across as a total penis is a skill i am yet to see in anybody else. Sometimes I feel like you just float around on these forums and put in your two cents just to get some sort of attention to forfill your lack luster life. It ##### me to tears. tool

#16 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

Man made do not even come close to natures wonders.steve

#17 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (saj @ Jul 23 2010, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I in NO WAY justify cruelty to animals as has been jokingly refereed to by a few members in this post.

A shotgun shot between the eyes is not cruel... what they do to our native animals and how they play with them and kill them is cruel.... If you dont want them shot/runover/drowned - keep them indoors....

Den - Two kids to one wife, and she wants more.... more than what I can say for you..... btw... still single mate? blush.gif

#18 Leaf Fish

Leaf Fish
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

Only problem is that it was someone elses wife! wub.gif

#19 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

Den.. Your ability to come across as a total penis is a skill i am yet to see in anybody else. Sometimes I feel like you just float around on these forums and put in your two cents just to get some sort of attention to forfill your lack luster life. It shits me to tears. tool
Using your calculation of a tool, at 2 cents per comment the current score on this thread is 3posts(6cents) Blakey, 2 posts(4cents) Den, and as you suggest if the number of comments and cents relates to being a tool you are in front.

Also you quoted and referrenced my comment against cat cruelty as the grounds for your personal attack, so we can draw the conclusion you think people who are against cat cruely are tools and those who are cruel to cats are not?

Den - Two kids to one wife, and she wants more.... more than what I can say for you..... btw... still single mate?

shotgun shot between the eyes is not cruel... what they do to our native animals and how they play with them and kill them is cruel.... If you dont want them shot/runover/drowned - keep them indoors....
I have a GF but Im not into killing peoples pets. I was wondering when my kids grow up could you please teach them how to shoot, run over and mutilate people pets? Im not very good at that sort of thing and I dont want them to grow up and be a tool like me whos against that sort of thing.

I doubt you would actually do it Ollie, but the problem is that kids reading and listening to comments like yours are inspired and go out and try to do it and you end up with situations like this;

http://ulocal.kmbc.c...0155/62690.html

Every post Ive written here is a response, so I cant be blamed for derailing or being a troll.

Cheers
Den smile.gif

#20 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Jul 23 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im not into killing peoples pets.

That's funny Den... I recall you designing a contraption especially for this purpose! http://www.perthcich...x...st&p=133397
(this of course is the dulled down version after you received warnings about the original concept due to cruelty aspects)

blink.gif

Ps - cat lover here too. Cats aren't the issue, irresponsible owners are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users