• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Aug 6 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Saj, Jazz wasn't an RX8 in the movie was he?

Daz

Nope Pontiac but can't remember what.

#22 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

Daz automotive paint and tools will put any colour you like into a pressure pack.

13 Gibb St.
Cannington

#23 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Aug 7 2010, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another rim to be painted on the weekend! Can someone recommend an auto paint supplier other than SuperCheap? Would prefer a better colour range, if they manufacturer colours even better!

Daz

OMG!! Daz are you painting your own rims? This reminds me of your BMX days... huh.gif
I can appreciate it is a cool car but sorry Daz, I hate it and you picked red AGAIN!! sad.gif

#24 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

Maybe I can convince you otherwise by letting u have a drive Jas wink.gif

Painted another rim today, this time went for graphite. Peoples thoughts?? Too dark? The original colour looked green IMO (was supposed to be gun metal grey).

Graphite

Gun Metal

Daz

#25 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

graphite looks better IMO smile.gif

#26 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Aug 9 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I can convince you otherwise by letting u have a drive Jas wink.gif

Painted another rim today, this time went for graphite. Peoples thoughts?? Too dark? The original colour looked green IMO (was supposed to be gun metal grey).

Daz

Graphite is definitely better....
Still reminds me of when you used to pull apart your bike to paint. smile.gif

No doubt it is a cool car and I know they perform well but.... Its just the look and definitely the colour you know I hate red, I dont think Ive even got a pair of red jocks LOL!

#27 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

Ahhhh the good old days. Araya and UKAI rims were the bees nees or if you were lucky u had pencil or road skinnies. I even had blue tuffs at one stage (BMX Bandits style!)

Kuwahara frame, aero gooseneck, bear trap pedals, coloured chain, lightweight handle bars (forget the name), fancy pants cranks...

YEAH YEAH!

#28 extend

extend
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

i think this could turn into a Post Your Bike. hmmmmm

#29 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:50 AM

Graphite looks better. Gun metal gray always comes out green for me too Daz, so you're not alone smile.gif

Any interior mods?

#30 CubanB

CubanB
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

out of the 2 i'd go graphite, but personally i'd go with white rims. always looks sweet against red:)

btw the only problem i see with painting your own rims is that your not taking the tyres off the rim the paint is eventually going to flake off.

looks like you did a nice job though well done

#31 pmp01

pmp01
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Armadale auto parts in kelmscott have a good range of automotive paints at reasonable prices.
For suspension, I'd talk to either pedders or WA suspensions to get exactly what you want. I would be keen to see what the RX would look and handle like with adjustable coil overs.
Bridge porting would be the max I'd go for then engine then just 1 massive hairdryer bolted to the side of the engine.

#32 CICH-BRO

CICH-BRO
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

Much better in Graphite as opposed to that earlier Gun metal 'green'. Iv always been a fan of Rotors but my choice would be the Series 8 FD RX-7, its a damn shame they stopped production on it because of emissions. Although the Renesis is without turbos and low on torque it revs to high heaven and is so smooth in its power delivery (but I bet you already knew that) another good thing about having a tiny Rotary in the front is the perfect weight balance for awesome handling.

If you like the colour of the rims wouldn't it be an idea to take all 4 minus the tyres into a place that can powder coat them for you?

As for BMXs back in school days I had a Group 1 Haro followed by a GT performer freestyle bike complete with the 3 spoke mags. Even further back I remember riding around on my brother vintage mongoose with Skyways. It must have been a late 70s early 80s bike we ended up custom-painting it.

#33 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (CubanB @ Aug 17 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
out of the 2 i'd go graphite, but personally i'd go with white rims. always looks sweet against red:)
I was sooo tempted to buy cheap can of white and test it out for ya! But google is easier wink.gif I might have a fiddle in photoshop too to see what white looks like on my car.

Here's some white rims on a Series 1. Reminds me of an old school race car. Series 2 shape is a lot more modern now so I dunno about white....

QUOTE (CubanB @ Aug 17 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw the only problem i see with painting your own rims is that your not taking the tyres off the rim the paint is eventually going to flake off.
Yeh I was expecting the same from stone chips and rough wheel mechanics.

QUOTE (CICH-BRO @ Sep 2 2010, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... Although the Renesis is without turbos and low on torque it revs to high heaven and is so smooth in its power delivery (but I bet you already knew that) another good thing about having a tiny Rotary in the front is the perfect weight balance for awesome handling.
Yep handling is sweet. Is the only newish car that came close to my WReX in the handling dept.

If you like the colour of the rims wouldn't it be an idea to take all 4 minus the tyres into a place that can powder coat them for you?
That's pretty much what I was thinking of doing. I'm in the colour trial phase at the moment wink.gif

As for BMXs back in school days I had a Group 1 Haro followed by a GT performer freestyle bike complete with the 3 spoke mags. Even further back I remember riding around on my brother vintage mongoose with Skyways. It must have been a late 70s early 80s bike we ended up custom-painting it.
Vintage! U make me feel old LOL. I've still got my par of skyway tuffs around the back of the house hehe.

Daz

#34 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

OK I now think I'm officially addicted to spray painting...! Anyone know a good way to start out on air driven stuff (guns, compressor etc), where to source ?

I've since painted over the gun metal grey.

First I went for a gold but this turned out a lot lighter than I imagined.

Then tried copper. Too orange / pinky!

And lastly matt black with a red centre cap which actually turned out alright. This is actually the undercoat for my next test colour though. Just waiting for it to arrive to the paint supplier net week.

Comparision of black on the front and graphite on the rear

Daz

#35 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Oct 10 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK I now think I'm officially addicted to spray painting...!

you sure it's not just the fumes talking? biggrin.gif
I still like the black...

#36 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

Daz get yourself a trolley jack or decent bottle jack mate. Sooner or later those pathetic scissor jacks SNAP. And it ain't pretty.

I get 25% off at super cheap if you get desperate smile.gif or grab a mate from supercheap or BCF they all do too!

I like the black smile.gif

#37 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

May have to take you up on that offer Kieran!

Here's a sneak peak of the next colour smile.gif

#38 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:56 PM

Just paint it rainbow colours and be done with it Daz tongue.gif wub.gif

#39 stokesy

stokesy
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

hey daz,

most of the auto one stores and even armadale auto parts will match any coulour, or premix you a tin of paint, put it in a pressure pack for you..... honda make a colour called sparkle grey, it is a lil dark, but has heaps of fleks thru it, very mettalic.... or the bf falcon metallic grey??

#40 drukqs2369

drukqs2369
  • Banned

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

shoulda got a mans car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users