Murdering Cats

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#21 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Oct 10 2012, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as far as I know there is only one species on the planet that kills for fun.....

Really? Bollocks. There are heaps. Dogs will take out a whole paddock of sheep for laughs. If cats aren't eating what they kill, then it is indeed for fun. They purr like a two stroke while they maim stuff.

Hell, dolphins in the Sea of Cortez are known to attack and kill the dwarf porpoises that live there. They hunt them for sport. They also have a pretty good track record for raping stuff to death. I assume that's for fun, but I could be misinterpreting.

Pretty well any predator kills for fun from time to time. They are hard wired to enjoy it.

nb: I am not blaming the cat; I am encouraging the owner to attempt to mitigate the damage. There is a pathetically small amount of wildlife left after we have buggered most of it, but that doesn't mean I should let a cat knock off the last of it on a warm spring night.

Edited by Kleinz, 11 October 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#22 tastyfish1980

tastyfish1980
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

The cat pop around here (at night) can be shocking.....at times. It seems it depends on who`s coming and who`s going. There must be a lull in cats around these parts at the minute, cos for a few months now, their has been a bunny sitting on our street lawns at night? A couple of nights ago........two bunnies! What tha! I like bunnies. Especially the one`s in mags..lol. So now we have bunny poop fertilizing our lawns...oh, and a couple of small holes. It makes a change from having cat crap in your dug up flower beds, and the howling, hissing and fighting outside the bedroom window. We have no idea as to who owns these cuties, but is a good indicator the cats have dropped off..for the time being. Our neigbour has a cat trap, outside her bedroom window. One morning she may get a surprise! Twitch, twitch. Kleinz, we are in the City of Swan and they have cat regs now and so does the City of Bayswater, I believe. So give them a call about cats coming onto your property at night and destroying natives (not the black one`s).....lol. You did the right thing and letting the owner of the cats know of the situation asap. They can`t say they weren`t warned. I like cats too, but they have very predatory instincts. They get fed (usually) by the owners, then go out for "kill thrills".

Edited by tastyfish1980, 11 October 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#23 Pat

Pat
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Pretty well any predator kills for fun from time to time. They are hard wired to enjoy it.

It's hard to relate fun and enjoyment in the human sense, which involves conscious thought, to "fun" and "enjoyment" in a non-human, hard-wired/instinctive sense. Cats don't eat their prey because I guess they are not hungry, having being fed twice a day, but their overpowering instinct is to hunt because they are predators. Not being conscious thinkers they do not comprehend the finality of death nor empathise with fear and pain...... We do, normally.

Ultimately, it is up to their human creators and masters to be responsible enough to desex and keep them in at night. Just like I don't throw my unwanted Brasiliensis in the local storm drain nor leave my large dog alone with a toddler.....

We are the problem and the solution.

I still love my cat. But I know he doesn't love me.... It only seems that way.... Because love requires conscious thought.

Now I'm depressed.....

Pat
sad.gif

P.S. I am SO going to google the pods of pack raping dolphins in The Sea of Cortez. That sounds very interesting!! Nature never gets old!!

Edited by Pat, 12 October 2012 - 12:35 AM.

#24 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Oct 11 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ultimately it is up to their human creators and masters to be responsible and desex them and keep them in at night.

you took the words out of my mouth. i like all kinds of animals. dogs, cats, whatever. my cat stays inside at night. she is in the back yard during the day, but can't get out because of the height of my back fence. bad cat owners give cats a bad name

#25 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Oct 11 2012, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just like I don't throw my unwanted Brasiliensis in the local storm drain

i'll take them for feeders smile.gif

#26 Johno1982

Johno1982
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (Kleinz @ Oct 7 2012, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So where I live, I\'m fairly blessed in that there aren\'t as many cats as other places. Dunno why, just aren\'t really around.

Where I live also, I have a bunch of birds nesting. I have 2 pairs of New Holland honey eaters nesting in the bush right by my front door, among other things.

I have a few large bins of water in the shrubs that the frogs love to come and frolic in. Sometimes they camp my front door or sit round the lawn smoking bongs or whatever it is that they do

Then new people moved in over the road. After a couple of weeks, I saw them sitting out the front, having let their cats out (they have two), for the first time. The cats were hesitant, but after a couple of weeks they have gotten used to it all and this evening I came out with a bucket of tank water for the garden and I heard that squeal that distressed frogs make. I went and got a torch and I found one of their cats with Bruce the motorbike frog in its mouth. I chased it out, and went over the road and politely explained the situation and asked them to keep their cats in at night. Whether they will do that remains to be seen.

Don\'t get me wrong, I have nothing much against cats, but if left to do what cats do, my yard will be silent in weeks. What\'s the council stance on this sort of thing? any advice on keeping these torture machines out of my yard?

I'll lend you my Pitty he makes cats life's very short very fast wink.gif

#27 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Foster a greyhound, greatest and most effective cat deterent/destroyer ever. Or better yet, adopt one! We did and shes the best dog weve ever had and probably ever will have.

http://www.greyhoundsaspets.com.au/

#28 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Pretty angry tonight

I thought it went OK, as I saw the cats looking out the windows of the house over for a few evenings. I thought perhaps they had taken what I'd asked to heart. I saw them out the front of their house sometimes of an evening too, but I thought to give them the benefit of the doubt: that they just forgot to let them in. So I come back from my walk this evening and hear that frog distress noise just as I'm closing the front door. I come back out and true to its nature, there is their cat with yet another frog in mouth. I shepherd it over the road. I knock on the door (8:30). A woman (same one) opens the door with a coke-and-something in a tall glass. The music is up pretty loud. The conversation (Note that last time all I did was ask nicely. Did not mention rules or laws or even being a good neighbor), goes :

Me : "Hi. Sorry to disturb you, but your cat was in my yard again"

coke-and-something: " And you're on my porch."

Me : "umm. Look I just found your cat catching frogs in my yard again. "

C&S :" Yeah, and you're in my yard."

Me: "...ah.. well...look,there are rules about this sort of thing. Council rules."

C&S " What? That you can't keep a cat?"

Me : No, that the cat shouldn't be killing animals at will"

C&S: "Have you heard of the Food Chain?"

Me: ....Look I'm trying to be nice about this.

C&S " Well I think cats can kill and eat whatever they want"

*Slams door in my face.

See what happens when you are nice to people?

Anyway, looking at this I guess my council will be no help (if it's in date) http://www.catallian...at_and_you.html though I will be sure and ask them. I'm not sure of the legalities regarding cage traps, but I guess Ima have to find out. If anyone knows where one can be borrowed/bought/rented, then please let me know

Less posts about what your rottie/mako shark/velociraptor will do to it, thx. The cat is just doing what is in its nature and I bear it no ill will, but this can't go on.

The other option is find out which real estate agent is handling the property and complaining to them. Perhaps if I'm lucky the tenants are not allowed pets at all. Apart from scouring google cache, I'm not sure how to find this info. Anyone know an easier way?

So, any advice pertaining to law or councils or traps or finding real estate agents would be appreciated.

Edited by Kleinz, 13 October 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#29 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Ah Kleinzy, Kleinzy, Kleinzy when will you learn that doing the right thing, is the wrong thing and that a bad thing is a good thing (should've just let it disappear). cheers steve p.s If your trying to ask her out on a date i think your going about it all wrong.

#30 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

And here in lies the problem. If the cat disappears she'll instantly think of you. People like her don't deserve pets... Best bet would be local ranger and council if you want to do it legally. Shouldn't be too hard to find out the agent just search online for the last listing of the property, they usually leave them online for a while smile.gif Best of luck with it mate, it's unfortunate that the rules seem to always be set up to protect the irresponsible and more retarded members of the population.

#31 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Sorry to hear this mate. We all have "those" neighbours.

#32 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

when collingwood lost the grand final we searched long and hard and found a dead magpie.... we tied a noose around its neck and hung it from a branch in my mates front yard..... (yes hes a collingwood supporter Rofl_3f.gif )............

i dont know about you kleinz but im sure that lady you were talking to supports geelong!!!!!!!!!!

my advice is when something like this happens again in the future... get yourself a trap... catch the cat.... **** the cat... bury the cat.... problem solved.....

or drive to the next shire or 2 and lob up at the rangers office and drop the cat off... tell him you were at the shops and left your window down and after you got back and started driving down the road this cat started meowing... after returning to the shops and asking around no-one knew anything and an old lady suggested i drop it at the rangers office!!! so here i am... and heres your cat!!!! bye!!!

they are hard to poison and get away with it but im sure its possible.... not the cat - stupid irresponsible owner Rofl_3f.gif Rofl_3f.gif Rofl_3f.gif

when you run outa frogs you can come over and get some of mine!!! smile.gif

forgot to add better pets and gardens in midland has traps suitable for catching cats tongue.gif

#33 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

After you have cooled down and you still desire a piece of her pussy, i suggest you find out her favorite drink, get her plastered and then you might get lucky.

#34 sajica

sajica

Quiz Meister 2016 & 2017

• Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

You could always indirectly kill it... Capture the cat and take it down to Cat Haven. This time of year they're inundated with surrenders and kittens and as I'm led to believe will only hold a cat for a few weeks for adopting before they put it down due to the sheer number they have to deal with.

Or take it to a no kill shelter or give it to SAFE smile.gif

Johnno, I see what you did there, Geelong supporter, lol

Edited by saj, 14 October 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#35 mandm

mandm
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hey Kleinz, you can always try cayenne pepper and water in a water pistol and have some fun at the same time, better still use a watersoaker and really have fun biggrin.gif

Cats will naturally lick themselves when they get wet and after a few times of this they will associate the frog tasting like chillii frog.
biggrin.gif

#36 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hmm. Probably want something in it to make it stick. Soap or egg white maybe.

I'm not sure that cats can taste chillies, though. They do have a poor sense of taste and cannot taste sweet, for instance.

I will look into it, thx

#37 tastyfish1980

tastyfish1980
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

I`m not surprised at all what`s eventuated Kleinz. No place for subtle hints and politeness these days. We have neighbours like them as well. At least what they were up to, the police could handle. I said in a previous reply, contact Bayswater Council. Both for cat problems on your property and traps. I know their are laws now (some councils) and even getting traps from some councils. If you want one outside of the council, let me know and I may be able to get one on loan for you. To find out whom the rental agency is, again the council will tell you. They do here in Swan. That is a good idea, as they may be in breach of their rental agreement. Various things sometimes work with "feral`s". Even security lights coming on with movement sensors. Some people say even the pet bottle of water works. I think that idea may work, depending on the colour of plastic. Bits of meat with cayenne pepper inside it. Whatever, I hope you succeed in stopping it/them. Perhaps some of the "jokers" on the PCS, could come around on holloween night..........for pussy! Best of luck. Murray.

#38 sleepycod

sleepycod
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

simple....grab cat...tie brick to neck....throw in frog pond......tell her you have assasin frogs.....they were just doing what they do...assasinate........

#39 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Gold ^

#40 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Golf club ....

C&s . Hi have you seen my cat

klz . Yeah it was in my yard

C&s . Where is it now

Klz . I believe I am able to play golf with any thing I find in my yrd

C&s . What does that have to do with my cat

Klz . Well we played golf as he was in my yard , by the way you need to clean my new golf club as your cat got it dirty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users