Warning To Australian Women

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

Are you Australian and female?

Would you like the opportunity to defend our country by learning to fly aircraft full of weapons and dropping bombs on mostly innocent people in foreign countries?

Well your in luck because the Australian air force is pushing a new recruitment drive to find female fighter pilots!!!!!

Im hoping most women will continue with their efforts to nuture and preserve life instead of destroying it and ignore this disgusting new military campaign here, let the young men die in foreign lands for the purposes of glorifying their stupid egos in the pursuit of US and British interests of imperialism and Corporatocracy, leave the women out of it I say.

Cheers
Den smile.gif

#2 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

Den , you crack me up .... there are many women who deserve to be shot at more than most blokes i know.

Send no one i say , what make the women exempt. If Eve never ate the apple ... we wouldn't be in this position to begin with Rofl_3f.gif

#3 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (scottyhooton @ Mar 4 2011, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there are many women who deserve to be shot at more than most blokes i know.

My Ex wife is one of those people laugh.gif

#4 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

You bored again Den ?? LOL

#5 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:47 AM

Den, being ex-military I believe that men and women should have equal opportunity to pursue their dreams in any chosen career. At the time I served, I was denied entry into the engineers corps because I was female. I wanted to be a dog handler and "they" said that women were not strong enough to control a German Shepherd. The fact that women were "protected" from combat duties because certain corps were field force (ergo men only) angered myself and many others that wanted go in that direction. Let the ladies fly if they chose...it's not always about ego!

Andrea smile.gif
andrea when where you in green machine ? i was base at 18 field sqn north qld go the ginger beers. cheers paul w tongue.gif

#6 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi Paul smile.gif

I was in RASVY 1985 - 1988...ASR Bendigo for most of the time.

Andrea smile.gif

#7 lawdog

lawdog
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

Women flying planes, I would suggest that this is not a bad thing.

It has been proven that Women are as good or better as front line soldiers (Canadian Study) as their ability to cope with the stresses involved are often more superior to that of men.

Having women on the front line has been taboo in part because the belief that males would not function as well as it was thought that we were inately wired to ensure that the females in our lives are protected, this was thought to mean that should a women be injured during combat that their male couterparts would take risks that they normally wouldn't to protect the women over themselves.

Now as an ex Soldier myself and having a wife that was part of Combat squadrons I can say first hand that they are more than up to the task, and now with 3 kids can state that even though she worked in a front line squadron her level of maternal care is not lacking.

I think the generalisation regarding ego is off, It is normally a desire to serve ones country and uphold the values and beliefs of that country which most subscribe too - for me was Australia. This is not to say that politicians do not make extremely poor decisions with how best to utilise the forces at their command .

And Andea it is a shame that you were unable to enter RAE prior to the reintergration, I spent 3 years working with the EDD Section at SME.,

#8 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

Anchar or Andrea smile.gif i never realised you were a girl smile.gif. I always thought your name was pronounced "Andre", just thought i would get that off my chest.

Im pretty disappointed that our forefathers loosened there grip on the female population and let them out the kitchen and living rooms. These days they have the capacity to stab a man in the back to become Prime minister of a country (and doing a completely disgraceful job mind you). So i say stick em in as many jets as we possibly can, heck put them on the front line laugh.gif

Hi Den wink.gif

#9 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (lawdog @ Mar 4 2011, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Women flying planes, I would suggest that this is not a bad thing.

Have you seen Jayde driving a car? blink.gif ohmy.gif Letting her fly a plane would be devastating hahaha

JKS everyone.. Jayde is a fine driver dry.gif

Edited by Aquatic Dreams, 04 March 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#10 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

not singling out any particular person but more as a general comment..... i think women can be emotionally overcome in some situations... not to say some men wont be either... but i think men can generally handle the netrocities of war just a little better than women....

men are generally physically stronger than women and in some situations i think this would be a big disadvantage to the female soldier....

and another thing that scares me is if women are captured by enemy forces - can you imagine what enemy male soldiers may do....

and a little off topic - every 4th week lookout another war is about to break out..... lol... !!!!!!

#11 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Will the Real Men and Women please stand up smile.gif

Man makes a gun - man goes to war
Man can kill and man can drink
And man can take a whore
Kill all the blacks - kill all the reds
And if there's war between the sexes
Then there'll be no people left

And so it goes - go round again
But now and then we wonder who the real men are

Joe Jackson

Edited by Donna, 05 March 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#12 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

geez women in fighter jets trying to apply their makeup at mach 6 is there nowhere sacred anymore

#13 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Easy face lift though....

#14 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

Den,

Time to respond appropriately to your point.

Women unknowingly fell into the feminist trap, which was really just a capitalist ploy to create a cheap, flexible, hard working labour pool. We are still in that trap today, as well as being amazing domestic godesses at the same time.

The big mistake was made, when liberal feminists got the idea that being liberated meant women had to become more like men, and having equal opportunities meant having equal attributes.

Of course what really should have come out of feminism, is that we are different from men, we have something different to offer that may be equally as useful, and that we should be celebrating the ways in which we are different not trying to become men. (e.g. Margaret Thatcher style).

I agree with Andrea. This does not mean women should be excluded from pursuing careers that have been traditionally male dominated. You don't have to be a good man to be a pilot...you just have to be a good pilot, which is exclusive of your gender. A woman can be a good pilot based on the criteria for good pilots, not based on gender. Evidence based on research shows employers are becoming more and more aware of the extra dimension women bring to teams that need creativity and problem solving to move forward. They are celebrating and acknowledging their difference from men. Of course the air force want women. They are great team members, and have a right to engage in careers that interest them.

I am not sure that your concern is a solely a gender role issue. Your concerns are an issue for humanity, because if you are being bombed, it makes no difference what gender the pilot is.

I don't think it should be up to women to "save" us and bring their nurturing and caring to the table and mediate the behaviour of men. Men and women need to address the issues of war and our involvement in it, together.

While we lament the passing of the nurturing Western woman, my heart can't but help go out to the African woman, being raped by male soldiers, and having their breasts cut off so they can't feed their infants. No pilot needed. Certainly something to think about.

Regards,

Donna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users