SOLD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 April 2004 - 04:20 AM

Hello.

I think i've got 2 male electric yellows in my tank which is kinda bad as one is always stuck in the corner (behind a background with holes so hes not completely in the open).

I should probably either sell the extra male or get some females, but due to the overstocked nature of my tank i think the first option is best for the moment :p .

You can pick whether youd rather have the slightly larger dominant male or the slightly smaller non-dominant male. The dominant male is about 5-6cm guessing, the sub male is probably a cm or two less so about 4-5cm. Both show excellent colour (though the dominant male has a few black specs on his head). The subdominant one doesnt have any black that i can see on the body and both have nice black fins (specially the dominant one of course seeing as hes dominant :p )I beleive the subdominant male was from merjo, the dominant one was probably from morley aquariums. Oh, the subdominant male is also thinner, whereas the dominant male has a little bit of a bulge. I'll see if i can get some pics so email me if you want them.

Not sure on price, make an offer :p

Matt
Wembley
041 63 63 747
hlokk[at]hotmail.com

Edited by: hlokk at: 4/9/04 5:30 pm

#2 DaChung

DaChung
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:06 AM

i'm thinking that my electric yellow needs a playmate... tho mine is male also...

i'm interested in the subdominant one.... what ball park figure u looking at?

i'll throw in an offer of $10?

#3 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:08 PM

Well, i was hoping he'd go somewhere that he wouldnt continue to be bullied by a dominant male :p . If you get some more females you can have him though.

As for price, i'm not too bothered, i'd just rather him have a good home :p

#4 DaChung

DaChung
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:27 PM

haha.. ok...

to be honest, i don't think he will get bullied. The yellow that i got seems to be very playful with all the other fish (electric blues, lithobates etc).. and he spends most of the time in his little cave he made under a rock..

but.. i was just thinking.. i'm not even sure if mine IS a male... i've always just called it a he.. how do u check?

Mine has the black stripes on the top fins... but they all do don't they?

This is a pic of it.. can u sex it? The yellow in question is the big one in the middle...

Edited by: DaChung at: 4/8/04 9:28 am

#5 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:57 PM

Hard to be sure at that size...but I'm guessing that it's female.

merjo

#6 DaChung

DaChung
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:29 AM

i just read that the males have a darker/black pectoral fins... if that is the case, then mine is a female...

so my offer of $10 still stands :)

#7 chris

chris
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:23 AM

what area do you live in?
depending on colour i will give you $15

#8 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:20 AM

I'm in wembley as per original post.

The dominant males tend to get darker fins, so its possible that it could be male just without the dominance yet but i would probably trust merjo though :p

The smaller fish is from merjo though (99% sure) so the colour is pretty good imo (though he doesnt look his best atm being bullied and all). He does get very very slight banding but only when hes stressed (as in being chased), otherwise its a pretty solid yellow.

Unfortunately i dont have a good camera atm so probably cant take any good pics (i only have a crappy camera).

Though, if you want to come and see the fish, you can see whether you'd want it before your decide though (you can also pick which electric yellow you want).

As for aggression, i find that my dominant electric yellow doesnt bully anyone around except for the other electric yellow when he comes out. So inter and intra species aggression is diff. I'm also sure the aggression would be minimal even with 2 males if i had some more electric yellows (e.g. 2 males and 1 female should get along fine), but because my tank is overstocked its best to sell one fish than buy 3 :p .

I also have a trio of hongi if anyone wants them too (want to replace the 2 females, 1 male with 3 females from different source).

Anyways, just send an email if you want further contact details.

#9 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:26 AM

members.iinet.net.au/~kaz...ruleus.JPG

Heres a pic of one of my electric yellows (i forget which one though, but is probably the subdominant one because i cant see any specs of black on his head)

Warning: its a large pic so dial-uppers beware :p

#10 DaChung

DaChung
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:48 PM

email sent :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users