Photo

Hi From The Usa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StevieD

StevieD
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

My name is Steve Dobson (member at large with HAAS, Heart of America Aquarium Society). I have kept fish on and off for 40 plus years.

Born in Scotland and raised in north west England and emigrated to the USA in 2002. After a bried hiatus I was again bitten by the bug and have slowly built up my number of tanks and I am now "stopped" for lack of room at 39 tanks. With a 150 gallon (US Gallons) show tank, a 45 South American Cichlid tank and a 55 for the H.Tilapia Spinosa. (Why do we always want the next size up??) 7 or is it 8 20's and the rest being 10 gall breeding tanks for the Corydoras.

I mainly keep Corydoras and South American Cichlids, having had some success with C.Aeneus and C.Paleatus, Blue Acara and I am trying with Golden Severum and Herotilapia multispinosa.

The society was on a quite rapid decline with membership down to a core of about 8 regulars at the monthly meetings when the website was first put up. Since the first site went live we have undergone some major changes, as a result our membership has grown exponentially with over 300 members of the forum and we are always looking to form alliances with clubs and societies across the world.

Over the last year we have held three auctions, spring summer and fall and have enjoyed overwhelming success, going way beyond our estimated figures.

Also we held a very successful box exchange with the Dry Wash Society out of Arizona, this is an area we would like to expand with other keepers of living jewels. Not sure if that would work with the import/export laws but it is always worth looking into.

That's me in a nutshell, all questions, queries and criticisms welcomed.

Steve

#2 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

welcome Steve , when are you gunna get some real fish , TANGANYIKANS just jokes , welcome

cheers

Steve Green

#3 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

Welcome to the site Steve. I love the SA cichlids and would love to see some pictures of your collection. Would also like to check out your site.

Tony

#4 Sazabi

Sazabi
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:01 PM

Welcome Steve

Like your HAAS meeting location biggrin.gif

Went to your website and had a read of your newsletter, must say I am pretty impressed with your auction day, even saw one of my favourites - discus bagged up

Love the SA cichilids as well, dont worry about the other Steve, he's just jealous you got easy access to SA cichlids (Joking, other Steve tongue.gif )

Please post some pictures of your shows in our album section

Cheers mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users