Photo

overflow corner filter sucking too much

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:12 PM

hi, i have my overflow corner filter, and it has 2 power heads running it into two filter boxes on top of the tank, but it sometimes sucks too much and the corner section loses water and the power heads are no longer in water, does anyone know how to get a balance so it is always even, maybe evaporation causes this problem, im not sure, thanks

#2 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:28 AM

yeah ryan put more water in the tank or maybe fit a inline tap to the outlet back in the tank , but more water should fix the drama

cheers
steve green

#3 horrorhead

horrorhead
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:20 AM

steve is right
or your powerheads are to strong, but that would cause overhead filters to flood i.e. they are not discharging into the tank fast enough. cut down flow rate as faster is not always better

#4 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:09 AM

ok thanks guys,

it might be safe when i go away to actually put the power heads in the tank and not in the corner section,or i will have to sort out something with this too much power problem, i have two heads for the filters they pump about 1200lph each the tank is 700 litres, so i will do a little pleying round to find the balance.

thanks

#5 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:51 AM

i think the problem is now that the plastic used to cover seperate the tank from the filter is too thin and not letting water flow in fast enough , this is because i can see a small wal of water above the water level on the plastic not being able to get in so this makes the water level drop, is it meant to be level water from the tank and the filter section? if so i will get wider plastic(plastic with wider seperation bars,

And should i put some media in the corner section as to help with filtration, maybe some bioballs?

thanks

ryan

#6 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:55 PM

no ryan , both levels should be different , ie the filter level should be lower , the opening should be at the water level , and a constant fall over in to the filter achieved , id say u just have too much power comming outta the filter , i use a 1200lph internal pump , and have never had any drama's , and the openin into my filter is quite small also

good luck steve green

#7 oF1o

oF1o
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:33 AM

ok thanks steve, what size tank and is that all that is filtering the tank

thanks
ryan

#8 mrgreen

mrgreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:45 PM

yeah the tanks prolly close to 5 x 2 x 18 (although 8 inches or more is the fliter) , and yes its the only filter i have and its also the best producing tank i have for numbers of breed's and mouthfulls , by far the best way to oxygenate the water and exceptional filtration with the correct media.

steve green

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users