Mighty West Coast Eagles

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (nick05 @ Aug 31 2011, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
johnno not a fan of juddy leaving, and I get y he did but name one brilliant west aussie that comes home to eagles or dockers in their prime?

Its always the vics that go home never the WA boys.

juddy insisted on getting west coast a good deal in his transfer... kennedy and good draft picks.... juddy had already made his mind up 2 years before hand... have inside information on that fact... and when cousins went down in the drugs scandal everybody thought that was the reason... it may have taken the tiny thought of staying with westcoast out of his mind....
juddy could of just gone into the draft and westcoast would have gotten nothing for him.....

and remember juddy was damaged goods at the time of the deal... there was the possibility of groin trouble for years to come.... so really it was carlton who was taking the risk....

juddy is really the only vic born eagle that has dodged westcoasts effort to keep him.... he was always destined to be a captain of his side....

juddy is still 1/3 of the best midfield in the competition - prob ever!!!! add cousins/kerr in their peak and it was glory days for the eagles...

he helped us play 2 grand finals in a row and win won of them!!! awesome footy player!!! maybe the best ever... brownlow/premiership at any club is to be treasured.... now a second brownlow and possibly a third too....

total respect for the guy.... i now even secretly go for the blues when they arent playing westcoast!!!!!

#42 nick05

nick05
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (bigjohnnofish @ Sep 1 2011, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
juddy insisted on getting west coast a good deal in his transfer...

You make some good points but this is not true at all. If it were the case Judd would of asked to be traded while still under contract.

Carlton threatened the eagles with not trading any picks and letting him go to the 2008 pre season draft. BUT Carlton had pick 2 in that draft ( I think Richmond had #1)
Judd made it clear he did not want to go to Richmond as their fascilities were not up to scratch.

The only way Juddy could of said no to Richmond is if they didn't have enough room in their salary cap, but they had more room then carlton at the time, If judd went to preseason draft he would now be a tiger. Carlton weren't prepared to take that chance thats why Kennedy was thrown in to complete the deal, Kennedy did not want to go.
West Coast offered to pay him more and let him live in Melbourne but remain an eagle, they did every thing they could and broke all their own rules to keep him.
At the end of the day yes he HELPED win a flag, but when the eagles sunk and there was a bit of controversy he jumped ship.

To top it off b4 they left twigley said Perth is a boring place to live and Melbourne is much more exciting, whether that's true or not you don't go out and say it.

The way I see it, they can both rott in Melbourne and I hope Carlton get knocked out by Essendon in wk 1 of the finals. If Essendon fail to get the job done, then I'm sure Collingwood will get the job done in wk 2.

I will always have more respect for the big pavalova then judd. Commitment.

That being said I just read this.

WEST Coast has announced contract extensions for three players crucial to its 2011 resurgence, with Josh Kennedy, Jack Darling and Andrew Embley all re-committing to the club on the eve of the finals.

Nice work fellas.

Edited by nick05, 01 September 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#43 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:04 PM

carlton had 3rd pick in the draft behind richmond and melbourne.... but im not splitting hairs!!!!! smile.gif

how can fevola get your respect ahead of juddy!!!!

each to their own opinion i say!!!!

judd will always be an eagle legend only bettered by peter matera.... in my books... and if cousy hadnt of gone to the dark side he'd prob have been number 2...

#44 nick05

nick05
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

haha fev thats another story. pavalova... pavlich.

#45 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (nick05 @ Sep 1 2011, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha fev thats another story. pavalova... pavlich.

ooops my bad!!!

pavlich!!!! now thats another joke altogether... i dont rate him and believe he should retire now.... too fat and slow.... just like freo !!! too much baggage... cant carry that much and expect to do well...

they'd be better off sacking the whole president/board/selectors/coaching staff etc and starting fresh.... bunch of money laundering corrupt fools.... that really have under performed since 1995.....

just look at some of their softc@ck coaches... drum !!!! connelly !!! and now harvey!!!! theres no player respect and never has been... freo are a club in crisis....

#46 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

How good is it to see Collingwood get flogged so hard , it gives me some comfort hopefully it's not just are sign that Geelong are getting stronger

#47 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (scottyhooton @ Sep 2 2011, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How good is it to see Collingwood get flogged so hard , it gives me some comfort hopefully it's not just are sign that Geelong are getting stronger

great wasnt it... collingwood are vulnerable without some of their stars so it seems now... no daisy ,maybe no tarrant , no um whats his name - ah davis , maxwell and a couple others too

hmmm cats flogged pies but eagles beat cats!!!! hmmmm food for thought... cmon coasters!!! woohoo biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#48 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

Im just gonna take me and my hawthorn supporting ass out of here and hide at sandgropers house!!! biggrin.gif

#49 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

looking good for next week... collingwood got spanked by 90 odd points and westcoast won by 90 odd points.... pies are looking fragile without a few key players i say!!!!

if west coast bring their A game to the mcg on sat we could be in for a huge upset!!!! woohooooo!!!!

#50 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (bigjohnnofish @ Sep 3 2011, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great wasnt it... collingwood are vulnerable without some of their stars so it seems now... no daisy ,maybe no tarrant , no um whats his name - ah davis , maxwell and a couple others too

hmmm cats flogged pies but eagles beat cats!!!! hmmmm food for thought... cmon coasters!!! woohoo biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And the mighty fighting HAWKS smashed the seagles. Looks like the flag could be anyones this year, just depends who's switched on, on the day.

#51 Techno Viking

Techno Viking
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:02 AM

If we can get that decent mexican wave happening in the 4th it will surely mean more >90 shellackings tongue.gif

#52 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

The Mexican going in the 4th was the best I'd seen in years... Just about a defining eagles chant to. Was great!

#53 nick05

nick05
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

That mexican wave was a ripper, first time I've seen a mexican wave survive a goal!

gropey whats a seagle?

#54 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (nick05 @ Sep 4 2011, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That mexican wave was a ripper, first time I've seen a mexican wave survive a goal!

gropey whats a seagle?

A baby seagull laugh.gif

#55 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

Now can I say... COME ON HAWKS....?? biggrin.gif

Haven't lost a game since round 15, the quiet achievers ey...

Edited by Riggertron, 05 September 2011 - 03:00 AM.

#56 nick05

nick05
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

no start your own thread! this is ours tongue.gif haha jks

#57 CubanB

CubanB
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

was a great way to spend a saturday night watching the eagles smash adelaide, who mind you only lost to collingwood by a few goals the week before i think.

Like BIGJONNOFISH said, if we can bring our A game to the MCG, which we have been able to do this year, i think we're in with a fighting chance to get on top of the Pies

#58 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

I believe the eagles have done very well to get to the finals from the wooden spoon last year.

#59 CubanB

CubanB
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

bit unfortunate to lose the game today we had such a good start. Collingwood just to experienced when it comes to finals and the MCG.

#60 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (CubanB @ Sep 10 2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bit unfortunate to lose the game today we had such a good start. Collingwood just to experienced when it comes to finals and the MCG.

with 5 mins to go and to be within 8 points was a good effort.... i dont think the eagles played to their best... credit to collingwood for the continued pressure on the ball carrier preventing pin point passing in the forward 50.... which i think was the deciding factor in the end.... they seemed to be able to break the eagles forward press on too many occasions too...

next week a home final - shoe should be on the other foot this time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users