Photo

Eagles V Dockers

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#1 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Been following the footy pretty closely this year and have to say both WA teams are looking very impressive. For the eagles it seems they have skipped alot of the baby steps to improvement and have just come out this year playing just good football. The Dockers have continued their good form from the past couple of years.. they just need to notch up some solid victories against the likes of Geelong and Collingwood before i can really take them seriously.

DERBY TIME SOON!

And as much as the two teams are worlds apart as to where they are at in the league i think the teams are pretty evenly matched up. Honestly... i will be leaning towards the eagles having the extra bigs Natanui and Darling as good marking options along with Kennedy and having Le Cras and Masten back in by then too... will give them so much attacking ability from so many angles.

I think the eagles will be the wild card this season and will really test alot of the older more experienced teams and will see them in the top 8 again at the end of the season.

The dockers I think are the only team that will challenge the pies this year... they have the skill and pace to keep up with the pies i think they just make too many errors and lack a bit of class.

Either way a good season of footy ahead!

#2 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

Go the MIGHTY WEST COAST EAGLES
Im with blakey i reckon the dockers will get thrashed come derby time!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Sure. How often a season do eagles win against us!!

GO FREO! Heave ho!!

#4 keenas

keenas
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

Freo all the way smile.gif, shame its 2 games on the road for us though, would have been nice to have another home derby

#5 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Just got back from melborune. Went to the Anzac day clash and the cats vs hawks game. Got to say that the atmosphere at the Anazac day clash was electric. Better than a GF in my opinion.

Back on track. Good to see both WA teams doing well.

I think the dockers and the cats are the only ones that could have the pies this season. The likes of carlton, the doggies and the hawkes have no chance this season, big pretenders.

Edited by Peckoltia, 27 April 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#6 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

fot the Weagles to beat the dockers they will have to kick 15 goals

give 5 to Lecras , where are the other 10 going to come from Natanui , Darling and Kennedy Pfffffffffftttttt

there no hope against us

Freo will own you

cheers
Steve Green

#7 waxy

waxy
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

Lecras will get 12 then we will only need another 3!
PIECE OF PSSSSSSSSS!

#8 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:08 PM

Oh look they are flogging a dead horse. Go abuse your own team again for dropping the ball..........

#9 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

lets be real... freo are the the big pretenders..... just watching some of the eagle premiership moments on u-tube..... i googled freo and premiership and guess what... nothing came back!!!! hahahaha tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

freo have so under achieved they are still the laughing stock of the afl.... i reckon gold coast will win a premiership before freo does..... LMAO ....

up to the start of this year freo is the only side never to win a premiership!!!! lucky they brought in the gold coast - now they arent alone.....

this is freos club song...... oh freo... hit us real hard... and down we go.... oh freo!!!!

#10 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

keenas Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Freo all the way , shame its 2 games on the road for us though, would have been nice to have another home derby

Making excuses for the Dockers already *TSK TSK*

Mr Green... Le Cres will kick more than 5 .. probably all 15... but a wins a win mate! Doesnt matter how you get it

#11 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

scratch that , current form Lecrap will get 5 possesions

cheers
Steve Green

#12 gilz

gilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside when eagles supporters have to reach back to the early 90's to say something positive about their team. sure they got the one against sydney but they were fortunate enough to be one of two good teams in the comp at the time.
my response:
did those premierships keep you smiling when the final siren went every week last year? =]

GO FREO!!!!!!!!!!!
throw barlow back in move pav up forward. we'll be set.
eagles have had wins again north melbourne, port adelaide and melbourne, three powerhouses of the AFL
hahahaha

#13 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

Freo? Dont know where they stand or heading. Unfortunately cup winners they aren't.

What makes me smile is when docker fans bring up our past triumphs. Something only a successful team will feel and as a supporter of one yes it makes me smile when i think of the 3 cups and some of the great players that have blessed the club. Brownlow medals, Norm Smith medals you name it. Must suck to be a freo supporter not having that proud feeling in your gut.

West Coast always slump back to the bottom of the league but if you have ever played the game you will realise that this is what it takes. All the good teams at the moment took the same root. Hawthorn went from bottom dwellers to premiers, Geelong also and the the Pies weren't all that flash in the late 90's.

Iv always wanted the Dockers to do well as they are from WA but lately iv taken a real good look at their fans and thought, screw the dockers whats the point in hoping for any good for this useless underacheiving footy team. It seems you either love the Eagles or hate them.

STEVEGREEN Posted Yesterday, 08:28 PM
fot the Weagles to beat the dockers they will have to kick 15 goals

give 5 to Lecras , where are the other 10 going to come from Natanui , Darling and Kennedy Pfffffffffftttttt

there no hope against us

Freo will own you

cheers
Steve Green

See tonights game did ya?

My tip, West Coast will go the Essendon this week and either win or narrowly lose and then come home and beat Freo. If you have seen any of West Coast's games this year you will know where they are heading. Somewhere Freo will never get in our lifetime.

Edited by gibbs, 29 April 2011 - 12:08 AM.

#14 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

i agree.... wonder what freo supporters think has been their greatest moments in the game of footy....

ah but but.... we did beat the eagles in a few derbys lately..... hahahaha... is that it.... omg... they are pathetic!!! tongue.gif

#15 STEVEGREEN

STEVEGREEN
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

just prepare to finish in the bottom 5 again this year

and to be slaughtered twice in front of 40,000 at subi.

Eagles , your highlight reel for 2011 has just run out of tape

chalk up port , kangas and melb as the most you achieved this year

cheers
Steve Green

#16 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Hey Steve how many flags have the dockers won??? How many....How long have they been in the system, how many years is that, how many times have they been in the top 8 at the end of the year? How many....
Be passionate by all means Steve, but as Stoner said the other day, don't let your dreams get carried away with your ability....(my words)....
HaHaHa...The songs not over till the fat lady sings...

#17 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

did those premierships keep you smiling when the final siren went every week last year? =]

sure did smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

#18 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

yep, been there done that got the tee shirt, dockers have yet to get anything...LOL but live in hope, but not beyond your capabilities....

#19 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

say no more.

#20 Beepers

Beepers
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:11 PM

Yo

Edited by Beepers, 29 April 2011 - 12:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users