• Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

yeh no offence taken.. im a dumbass most of the time.. tongue.gif

#22 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I am far from offended. smile.gif
I dont care what spin media puts on it, I have stated earlier why global warming can cause cooler temps, I am not assuming anything.
And the increase is nothing we can feel, who can feel the difference between 1 degree, let alone notice the average change over a 1 year period.

I like Kleinz's post and feel it is a point most people miss.
Even if the all the data is entirely wrong, what harm is there in reducing co2 emissions?

#23 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

One of the big problems with this whole thing is the media taking shortcuts. Essentially, they are giving "equal time" to both "sides", which helps foster the impression that it's a pretty even thing with evidence on both sides.

It is not.

It also gives a forum where Lord Barry Bonkton or whoever Gina Rinehart thinks is a genius this week can argue against a nobel laureate who might not be so practiced as a public speaker in front of a hand-picked crowd of idiots. This also helps foster the impression that there is a valid and close debate.

There is not.

This is a fish forum, and noone is going to convince anyone here, and I'd rather slam my gentleman's appendage in the door than try. Werdna is doing a great job, but will make no converts, as this is like religion and stances against are largely impervious to logic or intelligence. It is also like religion in that the most ignorant and the ones who know nothing of science are going to doggedly hold up their tiny white bouquet of opinion based on what Alan Jones said on the radio four years ago.
I don't have kids, so this debate is academic to me, but watching people put up their hands one after the other to say they would rather eat their childrens' future than admit there might be a problem is one of the saddest and funniest things that can be seen in western "civilization".

Making some distinction between climate change and global warming and saying "I believe in one but not the other" is hilarious. It's like saying "I believe in physics, but I don't trust that chemistry! That's sorcery, that is!" You could find out better thought out views from a guy in the New Guinea highlands who has never heard of science and is dressed in pigfat and ass-grass with a bit of his uncle's ribcage stuck through his septum. Weather is a complex system. The globe warms. Some places get drier, some wetter. Some get colder for a bit. Simple, no? Not really; it's science.

Edited by Kleinz, 25 April 2012 - 03:09 AM.
altered inappropriate but very funny comment. Poncho

#24 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

You agree that the globe is warming up, or changing, but dont agree in climate change. The two are one and the same!

I agree the globe is warming yes, changing yes, but it comes back to the point that climate change and global warming are not the same thing. Climate change (the changing of climate, not necessarily warming) is a term develop to market an agenda, it's a shame the term is now associated with global warming (warming of the globe).. The 2 may be linked but aren't the same thing... See my point? if it were to start snowing in Perth is that not a climate change???

#25 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

I have said this already.
Global warming causes the climate to change, it can increase average temps in certain areas, and lower them in others.
The average global temp is increasing.
The people living in areas where average temps were dropping wouldnt accept that their lower temps are caused by global warming.
Like many people, you can show them as much scientific evidence as you want, at the end of the day they will still look at you and say "yes, but you said the world was warming. I am cold. You are wrong"
So scientists had to change the term, hence climate change.
There is nothing media or politically related about the terms, just scientific theories and analysis.
However, you can believe what you want, we'll all be dead before we can say for sure I was right and you were wrong... Oops, I mean who was right and who was wrong. tongue.gif

#26 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'm not gonna argue terminology with you, I'm over it...

#27 Gareth

Gareth
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

MEOW, Scared Nick?

#28 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hahahahaha your funny Gareth smile.gif

#29 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Nick if you don't believe in climate change, why are you sequestering all that carbon in your dreadlocks?

#30 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Gotta feed the spiders Poncho smile.gif lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users