Photo

Powder Blue Tang

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

hi just wondering if anyone has one of thses guys or had some success with keeping one ich free in a reef tank or FOWLR tank...........

#2 Gareth

Gareth
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

My mate had one in his tank, the silly thing he didnt do was research the common problems with this fish.
Took out everything in his tank within 4 days... He soon gave up keeping Marine tanks/fish...
They are really great looking fish, its a shame they are so prone to ICH.

#3 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

I had one in my 8x2 reef tank for about 12months, great fish. Never got white spot at any point. It is all about finding an already healthy individual.

#4 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

I had one before also, took out my favourite fish my majestic angel and my dragon wrasee one of the reasons also i gave marine away ......cheers....

#5 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

I never noticed any agro out of mine. Had it with a pretty large selection of fish, could have been the big tank though. Had it with a few wrasse species and about 8 or 9 different tangs.

#6 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

i've had one in my 5x2x2 reef tank for a while now, got him in with normal blue tang,yellow tang, kole tangs they all get on fine plus lots of other little fish swimming about with no worries.

He got white spot when i first introduced him into the tank, fed him a good quality diet with heaps of nori paper, and he lost the spots in like a week or two with no other treatment and no other fish getting it, but i run a u.v steraliser on the tank all the time anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users