Photo

Locked Post????

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Gareth

Gareth
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

To all the mods on here, just wondering why my reef tank post was locked???

The tank has been sold now, so feel free to update it as I tried but couldn't....
Maybe a PM or some notice would have been nice, yeah?

#2 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Well mate if you had any idea of the T&C's you would know clasifides posts older then 60 days are automatically locked by the forum. A simple pm from yourself to any of the committee would have outlined this but instead you have made yourself look like a knob. Nice work. Il unlock it so you can update it.
Cheers.

#3 aquacouple

aquacouple
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:48 PM

Date - How old is the thread? If it's over a month chances are the item is no longer available. Best off sending a PM rather than replying causing it to be "bumped". -- Update -- threads older than 60 days are now auto-locked. If you have still not sold the item and wish to keep the thread active PM a committee member, site admin or moderator asking them to unlock it.

#4 Robbotheyobbo

Robbotheyobbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Bowdy @ Aug 19 2012, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well mate if you had any idea of the T&C's you would know clasifides posts older then 60 days are automatically locked by the forum. A simple pm from yourself to any of the committee would have outlined this but instead you have made yourself look like a knob. Nice work. Il unlock it so you can update it.
Cheers.

Ray,

You are on the committee aswell as a moderator, you should be leading by example by helping and directing/redirecting members where you can, not this continued smart arse response to everyone asking questions, posting in the wrong area, quoting the post above, fueling the flame in some active threads atm etc etc.

I dont post much on here any more and this is one of the reasons, if you want new members to be active and get involved then maybe pull your head in, there is no need for the way you reply, the other mods and committee manage to do it in a cival way, how bout you try aswell ?

I`m not trying to start a sh!t fight here, just pointing out how other members read your post`s/reply`s that i`ve spoken to just lately

Cheers Dale

#5 zacy boy

zacy boy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Second the above comment, especially in the classified section, this is a forum for fish keepers who share the same hobby, not a place for a hierarchy to be established with some members taking advantage of the responsibilities given to them. I have nothing against anyone on these forums, intact most of you have been great in helping my kick start my hobby once again, but I do think that the pedantic attitude shown by some, especially in some sections of the forums could be done without to ensure the forums remain a helpful and enjoyable
Place for aquarium hobbyists.

#6 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

I would have to say Dale, you hit the nail on the head...

#7 gilz

gilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

couldnt have been said any better. i left the forum for a year because of a certain few. so it would be interesting to know who else has been turned off

#8 Rampage

Rampage
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Couldn't agree more with you Dale, It's one of the main reasons why i decided not to renew my membership.

#9 Craig

Craig
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

+1 as above. I think we all know who the real knob is.

#10 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

If I have offended you Dale or any other club member I am sorry.
Leading by example doesn't mean I cant have an opinion, have my say or give a little stick, I help and offer to help people all the time. Having to moderate things isn't fun and 90% of it could be avoided By simply reading the T&C's, I do admit I can be a little blunt sometimes but if you guys seen some of the abuse committee members cop for simply merging a post or reminding someone of the guidelines you would be shocked. If any of you have felt picked on or delt with in a rude way pm me I'm more then happy to discuss it.
I look forward to receiving some Pm's good or bad. Thank you for your time.

#11 Robbotheyobbo

Robbotheyobbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Now that wasnt so hard was it ? why cant you reply like that all the time ? that was very nice, it almost bought a tear to my eye lol

QUOTE (Bowdy @ Aug 19 2012, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having to moderate things isn't fun and 90% of it could be avoided By simply reading the T&C's, I do admit I can be a little blunt sometimes but if you guys seen some of the abuse committee members cop for simply merging a post or reminding someone of the guidelines you would be shocked.

Look, like i said, i didnt reply for a sh!t fight and it looks like you havnt taken it that way either, but none and i mean none of what you have said above gives you the right to reply in the manner that you do.

You`ve done the righty and apologised, but no one is going to except that until you change you ways, and only you can do that

Edited by Robbotheyobbo, 19 August 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#12 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Please don't take what I said as an excuse to be a prick that's not how I intended it. I really welcome your opinion mate and I have said it before and sure il say it again I can be a bit to blunt at times I know that but members don't be put off by that I am very approachable and helpfully so don't hesitate to contact me anytime be it fish related forum related or even a random chat you know where to find me.
Thanks for your time smile.gif

#13 zacy boy

zacy boy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

Happy endings smile.gif

#14 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Just for future reference Gareth

Next time your post automatically locks you can see in the bottom left corner of the window is a moderation options box.
If you click on it there is an "Open this topic" option.

Select that then click Go and you can moderate your own post.

#15 Gareth

Gareth
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Thank u Werdna for the 'nice' directions on how to fix the issue.
Atleast we know that some people on here have a bit of decency....

Where others just have to be plain rude all the time and think its ok to do so, and think that a forced apology fixes everything, I really wonder how such people get through life, I really do. It must be a struggle... Everyone has there opinion of such people, but for me I wouldn't want to approach u or even ask u for advice about anything...

And to the rest of the guys that stood up and said something, welldone.gif ThanxSmiley.gif We all know the best way to eradicate these kind of people, remove them, just PM that someone special and make a complaint... dry.gif

#16 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Ray is a good bloke and very helpful.

Enough said.

#17 SamJohns

SamJohns
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

^^ second that. Ray is a top bloke.

If the post was locked and the tank sold, why not just leave it forgotten instead of putting a winging post up about it?

I joined this forum because I love fish. For a "fish" forum, there sure is a whole lot of bickering that generally has nothing to do with fish!

Everybody just take a deep breath and post some nice photos of your fish/aquariums or something fish related at least.

Sam

Edited by SamJohns, 20 August 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#18 ice

ice
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

I agree with Sam & Anka also, dont be so hard on the big fella. Nobody is perfect and he apologised already. I think Ray & all the other mods are doing a great job.

#19 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Good on you Dale well done
And Andrew its great to see someone setting the example on the committe

#20 fishking123

fishking123
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

im not a fan of ray my self but you need to meat him one day and get to know him he is not to bad
all in all he is just a nouther brick in the wall (sorry i just had to say that)lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users