Officer "not Guilty"??

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Shane-o88

Shane-o88
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

http://www.abc.net.a...t-crash/5100680

Hard to know what to say to this really.... To be "not guilty" would surely mean he didn't drive through that red light and kill that poor woman.

I can hear some of you now thinking "well he was doing his job". If I was to kill someone doing my job I'd be going to jail. The thing is, once these officers get into a chase adrenalin takes over and then they become just as reckless as the person they are pursuing. In circumstances where the offender crashes due to dangerous driving the media is always telling us "police called off the pursuit several minutes before the accident"... BS.. I seen a guy on a bike two weeks ago doing what i estimated to be around 220-230kmh on a suzuki gsxr I think, on toodyay road, a km or two later and here is this patrol car hooning around 180-200kmh still in pursuit. Toodyay road is a dangerous place and i think that officer was being just as reckless, come around the bend at that speed to a truck pulling out or something and your goin to die!!!

so be very cautious when you are on the road because there could be some crazy cop running red lights in a suburb near you.

#2 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

complicated issue, i thought from the very begining she should be charged with [ driving without due care and attention ] the evidence she was driving at approx 25km didnt seem to be contested. what was she doing ? talking,txting,makeup,or paying attention to passenger not the road?? more and more people claim they dont hear emergency vehicle sirens, turn down your music.put down your phone and pay attention!!!

#3 Shane-o88

Shane-o88
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

mate "she" is dead, can't charge dead people, she was going through a green light maybe not even breaking any laws at all

#4 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

It's hard for the public to comment on a case. Quite often they are going off second hand information - be it from an associate or the media. Even the media leaves out information to make their story sound more interesting. Only the people who were at the court hearing can fully comment on whether or not they think he is guilty. The fact is most of the public just do not have the facts.

The public often discount or condemn the accused before the courts have gone through the due process. This can, and has, ruined peoples' reputations.

You need to respect and have faith in the law - otherwise there is no point in a judicial system. Have faith that the courts have and will decide cases on their merit and it is their intention to administer justice.

That being said, I do agree that the police get a lot of concessions and I do find most of them to be yobbos whose only degree of separation to your common bogan is a badge and a gun.

#5 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

If she was doing 25, that seems evidence that she was slowing because of the sirens.

Cop ran red light illegally. Woman did nothing wrong she had a green light. You have this backward Shayne.

He got off because some animals are more equal than others.

As to juries... think of how stupid the average person is, and then remember half of them are even dumber than that.

#6 fuggers

fuggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

i find the fact that you are all focusing on the officer to be disturbing and no blame is being placed on the little pricks that stole the car that was the catalyst for the entire situation.

hindsight is a wonderful thing.... and if an authorized vehicle has its emergency systems activated it is not illegal to drive through a red light. the trial was determining if the officers judgement had been in error

if people are really not going for a scapegoat and truely want to prevent a situation like this from happening again, with the level of technology today why cant traffic lights react when an authorized vehicle activates emergency systems.

#7 Shane-o88

Shane-o88
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Can't blame the little pricks that stole the car for killing someone when they clearly didn't, this officer should not have continued the chase if it was to dangerous. Just get out the helicopter and watch where they go, maybe no one could have died.

#8 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

shane 088 i was being rhetorical not literal. klienz were you posting without paying due care and attention??? doing 25 is evidence of nothing except doing 25.  she could have been accelerating decelerating or just  woken up from the average idiots stupor by a blast on the horn,putting down her phone/lippy/coffee etc [ back to accelerating but also due care and attention ] love your last line.. pure gold couldnt agree more. fuggers i wasnt focussing on the officer but agree with the rest wholeheartedly..  

#9 waxy

waxy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

Human error. It happens

If a cop can't run a red light in a chase or emergency, then what good are they to protect us. What would we like to see happen to the cop?

10 years jail???  I feel for the womans family for sure BUT these things happen.

I know! maybe now we should make the cops all drive 4 cylinder cars :blink:  Or even hybrids. What a joke....... The guy went to work in a high risk job, messed up and come home shattered for life. 

Anka.......... Watching COPS (TV show) makes me think most of our cops are p!ss weak. Lets not scare them from engaging in a chase. I hate the way people throw the word bogan around now. Most people don't even know the definition, maybe its changed. True bogans are not commonly seen everyday. 

Kleinz...... What about all the "not so dumb" people? In my experience they are usually the ones that are too busy or too important to participate in jury duty. I've heard it all before, I'm too busy....... My time is too precious...... 

#10 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

The issue is government cost cutting.

We have the technology to have a police helicopter in the air and following a vehicle in 10 minutes.

Then wait for the pricks to stop and have 3 cars appear at their house.

It works in the US, it can work here.

I feel sorry for the family of the woman, the cop, his family, everyone who has been put through this.

There should be no need for high speed chases anymore, it is too dangerous for everyone

#11 Cam85

Cam85
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

The fact is the officer did not have authorisation to engage in a pursuit so he should have not had lights and/or sirens on and should not have gone through the red light. The suspect who was in stolen car was later apprehended as he was known to police. It is a huge devastating loss, the suspect and officer are both in the wrong no matter what way you look at it. He was found not guilty by a "jury of his peers" so case closed.

imo he is guilty.

#12 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Succinctly put, Cam.

Blaming the victim is a joke, Shayne. Noone has attributed a scrap of responsibility for this to her before you saw fit to.

#13 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

what the??? 25 kms an hour and you cant hear or respond to emergency vehicles!! that could have been a ambulance carrying your loved ones or a fire engine attending your burning fish shed./home. i do a lot of kms each week and cant remember when i had to avoid a hoon, but every day i have to take evasive/protective action against idiots .usually nice middle aged middle class citizens [seemingly ] young aggressive women , and school mums. no legislation for idiots . laws and media discussion dumbed down to the lowest common denominater, something klienz alluded to with his comments on juries. all sympathy to the family but please people dont shut down our emergency services demand people pay attention when their driving..[ all the time is to much to hope for ]

klienz ive noticed your glee in pouncing on peoples flawed logic what is your response to this ?? an attack without answering my question

If she was doing 25, that seems evidence that she was slowing because of the sirens.

Cop ran red light illegally. Woman did nothing wrong she had a green light. You have this backward Shayne.

He got off because some animals are more equal than others.

As to juries... think of how stupid the average person is, and then remember half of them are even dumber than that.

shane 088 i was being rhetorical not literal. klienz were you posting without paying due care and attention??? doing 25 is evidence of nothing except doing 25.  she could have been accelerating decelerating or just  woken up from the average idiots stupor by a blast on the horn,putting down her phone/lippy/coffee etc [ back to accelerating but also due care and attention ] love your last line.. pure gold couldnt agree more. fuggers i wasnt focussing on the officer but agree with the rest wholeheartedly..  

Edited by Kleinz, 19 November 2013 - 11:51 PM.
Merged posts

#14 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

You have to excuse Klienz, running red lights is a touchy subject with him. The truth is that the wrong guy was on trail, the MORON in the stolen car was entirely at fault as his actions set the whole chain of events in motion. In hindsight could  the officer had done things better? no doubt. He clearly should not have accelerated through the intersection, instead he should have slowed down and accelerated once through the intersection, as should all emergency vehicles and drunk drivers. Sorry Klienzy couldn't help myself.

#15 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Shyne,  thought it interesting that when she was doing 25 in your early post, you suggested all sorts of nefarious reasons she should be charged for not paying attention. All without a shred of evidence.

I suggest that doing 25 may be evidence of actually proceeding with care, which is pretty likely, and NOW all of a sudden it's questionable.

If your assertions are to be taken as any more than horseshit, then you need something besides speculation and blind prejudice. I can say she was riding a dolphin down Morley Drive and there is as much evidence for it as the victim bashing crap you are putting out. You admit that you thought she should be charged as soon as you heard about it and before hearing the facts, yet expect to be taken seriously... please.

25km/h indicates to me a slowing and trying to locate direction of emergency vehicle/siren, which is not always obvious.

If it was likely her fault, they wouldn't have had const. leadfoot in the dock answering a vehicular manslaughter charge now, would they? It is not disputed that he was not legally entitled to chase or run the red light or speed at the time of the crash.She did not hit the cop car; it hit her.

Does that answer your question? Did you have a question, or just want to speak ill of the dead who cannot defend themselves?

Make an effort this time. Spare me your worthless arguments.

Steve, this is indeed a touchy subject with me.

#16 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

ouch!! not sure i deserve that venom, will reflect on it .  would politely ask you to read the thread again.[ is that what they call it? my computer/ skills are very rudimentary . my  understanding of computer/forum chat behaviour is nil until i started here. i have often been accused of being a pedant but i pale in the shade to some of what i have seen here

#17 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

not sure i deserve that venom

I don't know... The proven facts: a woman died while acting within the law and abiding by the rules, killed by a man who ignored them and broke the law. Somehow you want to  blame her and make up things you think she did which might make her at fault without advancing any evidence she did any those things. Pure speculation and prejudice. All unjustified; the case prejudged.

And you talk about not deserving venom? ppft

#18 shayne

shayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

thanks sandgroper, gives me some understanding of the vitriol

#19 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Are you this obtuse normally or do you put it on?

#20 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

i like to source things back to the root oif the problem....

lets see if the person who stole the car didnt steal it then the lady would still be alive... TRUE

if the police officer didnt do his job and ignored the stolen car then the lady would be alive... TRUE... but we'd be asking questions why the stolen car was not pursued and apprehended... TRUE... 

if the mother of the person who stole the car used a condom or swallowed then the lady would be alive... TRUE

of these 3 statements which is the obvious root of the problem... ???

i would like to see the person who stole the car be held responsible for everything that happens while he is in possession of that stolen vehicle... because he is unlawfully on the road... if it was a drunk driver who was involved in a road fatality (even if he didnt break any other road rules) he is held accountable for all death/injury and damage...  on the basis he shouldnt be behind the wheel with an excess of alcohol in his system... all his insurance is void too being over the alcohol limit... insurance companies love this :) 

so give me good reason why the person who stole the vehicle shouldnt be held accountable for this lady's loss of life ???

if the car thief is under age then parents are held accountable financially and the child does the jail time... 

i should be a politician hey anka :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users