Photo

Holden Colorado

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hey everyone next 2 weeks I'm going to treat myself to buy brand new car I want to get the 2012 HOLDEN COLORADO RG MY13 LTZ CREW CAB Are they any good

Gezza

#2 blm

blm
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

I cant really say much about colorado as i rarely drive them. ( i really hate them and ranger/bt 50 as well)
But if I want to get a colorado, I would go after Isuzu d-max as their engine is the one of the most reliable and toughest engine in the world.

Have you thought about triton?

#3 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I have driven the triton but not much tray room I was looking at navara but people say they are crap aswell and the New BT 50 looks like a sedan x ute I was thinking VW amarok but pricey

#4 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

This review might be handy gezza:
Colorado Review on Carsales.

oh never mind, link doesnt work...

Edited by Jason82, 14 March 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#5 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Triton turning circles are crap.
Mine used to struggle to turn around in a culdesac without needing to do a 3 point turn.

#6 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Well the colarado is $41000 that's the 4x4 wish I can afford like my brother car he drives H2 Hummer SUT but he saved alot for that

#7 blm

blm
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Werdna,
How old was your triton?
I heard that 4wd expert tested the hilux, ranger/bt 50, amarok and navara and they proved that the triton has got the smallest turning circle.

Yes I agreed that triton's tray room is small but their tray are very long.
Yeah I would avoid navara as they get a lot of problems plus their dealers are not that great.
Amarok seem look okay, but they only just came out not too long ago and it kinda hard to say if they can do well in long term like hilux.

#8 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

My old post had a navara bolt or something on the turbo kept falling out took it back 3 times in a year due to how rude the staff at the dealership were he took his business across the road and bought a triton went through 3 turbos in 6 months lol

#9 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hard to find a good ute Just buy a cheap great wall ute

#10 scotty81

scotty81
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I love my Triton. Can't really fault it.

#11 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hmmm, maybe the new ones are better then smile.gif

#12 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

My other boss had a colarado 2011 model seemed reliable I just found it a bit gutless compared to the other bosses navara and triton. It all comes down to what you want it for ? Pretty sure triton has a longer tray then navara and colarado plus has the electric back window comes in handy if you have to carry long lengths. Navara back seats fold up from memory wich also comes in handy and has tracks and movable tie down points in the tray don't know about the others. One thing to keep in mind though as it caught me out if you get the hard top on the tray it limits what you can fit in. I've got 2 eskis one is 20mm to tall and the other about 5mm can't shut the dam hardtop, I don't mind the eski on the front seat but the missus ain't to happy bout it lol

#13 blm

blm
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

I cant find any faults on my triton as well. The only bad thing is that my triton's tray is short ( should got the long one) oh well when i save enough $ i will go buy a brand new land cruiser series 70.

Bickley,
I think triton got the longest tray in that class. Yeah electric back window is pretty handy. Only in glx-r tho.

#14 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

I want to use a ute for handyman work, camping and towing the trailer

#15 nick05

nick05
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I had a 07 bt50 and now have a 08 ranger, loved both great cars. Same interior same motor(i think) Just slightly different shape body. Would recommend either.

#16 Melvin

Melvin
  • Validating

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

I borrowed my bro-in laws new Ranger to take down to Dunsborough for a getaway. It was really nice to drive, comfortable on the long drive, and managed to handle plenty of the off road we threw at it too.

#17 meedee1209

meedee1209
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Good vehicles

My
Manager has one

Should see what I installed on it smile.gif
5 cameras - front, left, right and rear get recorded to DVR, and ontop of that a reverse camera linked into an aftermarket head unit

3 cameras mounted on a roof bar with amber LED for hazard situations

Yeah I'm good smile.gif
Haha

Also my housemate works at goldy motors in midland... His name is Adam... Tell him that his housemate sent you... He'll show ya through one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users