Photo

Best Range Of L Numbers

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Just Boots n all

Just Boots n all
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

With L046's they need age (the fish that is) lots of room top quality filtration and they will breed for you.

Most people dont hang onto them long enough, mine have not bred for a while now....because l relocated them, it would appear they are not fans of being disturbed either.

After this next lot of fry go it will be a while before l have any more to sell as they settle back into their new surounds

#22 hitman

hitman
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

yeh i have been resharching em they are quite dificult to breed they are awsome to look at tho

#23 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

What size batches do you get per spawn.
Is it only about 12 at a time?

#24 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

males need to be in the 5 year vintage... and females will start laying after 2 years...

spawn sizes vary on female size..... but anywhere from 1 egg to what i have heard of 30+ IN A SINGLE SPAWN...... but average is 8-15 eggs per spawn....
they breed better in larger numbers... as opposed to a pair... males tend to need competetion to breed more often.... and tank size isnt an issue they have been bred in large numbers in a 2 foot tank....
they do however like lots of cover and dont travel far from their home for food... in nature the food tends to come to them in the flowing current....

wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users