Posted Image

PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

1addam's Content

There have been 4 items by 1addam (Search limited from 16-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#98739 Dyeing Fish

Posted by 1addam on 28 July 2008 - 04:23 PM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

QUOTE (Aquotix @ Jul 28 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those still using Tri-start by Wardleys, I would recommend to at least double if not quadruple the recommended dose rate.. our tap water can sometimes be a little worse than the Americans think it is (Tri-start was designed over 15 years ago... 15 years ago we had better water quality than now, considering the added chemical content that is)

If the fish are off their food, then there is often an issue with water quality or toxin or there could be an environmental factor that is causing stress.

It would be a good idea to get your Local to test the water for you to compare, just in case there is an issue with your test kits, and squirt in extra conditioner (it is harmless in larger quantities).

will do, thanks for the help,best regards Addam.

#98735 Dyeing Fish

Posted by 1addam on 28 July 2008 - 04:06 PM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

QUOTE (tran4m3r @ Jul 28 2008, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey bud,

are they breathing hard?

how else are the fish acting?

cheers

no they don't seem to be breathing hard and they are behaving pretty normal,any ideas ? thanks for your reply, regards Addam

#98733 Dyeing Fish

Posted by 1addam on 28 July 2008 - 04:00 PM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Jul 28 2008, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gday Addam

What has their diet consisted of? Melafix might not help too much because it sounds more like an internal bacteria or bloat issue. Also do you condition your water? Heavy metals or another contaminant could cause nervous system issues.

Dazza

HI Dazza, thanks for replying, I give them cichlid pellets and brine shrimp, I use Wardley tri-start and rift lake salts for the water,Addam

#98714 Dyeing Fish

Posted by 1addam on 28 July 2008 - 10:06 AM in Fish Health, Nutrition, Diseases & Pests

Hi forum, I have a problem with my electric yellows, they have all been under three yrs old,I have a 340l tank with 18 malawi cichlids,and two bristlenose catfish I have lost 3 yellows in the last month, they start off by swimming in a corkscrew motion or head over tail, when this starts off they last for about 3 to 4 days, I have tested the water quality and it is within the suggested limits, I clean the tank every two weeks and the temp is around 26, apart from a couple of the bigger fish fighting with each other, the only thing that seems different is that all the fish don't seem to be eating their food as quickly, I have tried changing the brand to see if it makes a difference,but it doesn't, I have been adding melafix to the water for the last four days ,5ml to every 40l,I would appreciate any suggestions why this is happening or a cure, best regards Addam.