Photo

Dangerous Dogs Keep Killing And Mauling Kids

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#41 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Den why don't you go rant on your own forum? I don't think I've seen this thread there.
Is it because you don't shit where you eat?

I have discussed the topic in a couple of threads on my site, but there are no dog nutters on my site, this place is rife with them, maybe these kinds of people are attracted to places with extreme purist ideologies.

Now let me repeat, Im not saying all dog owners are nutters, Im saying people who rank dogs above people are nutters.

You dont like this subject or discussion, you want to close it down but you come here and enguage, can you explain why you are feeling upset about what Im saying? If you cant, I can and I will oblige if you ask me.

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 06:56 PM.

#42 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

these dogs are lethal iv owned 3 pit balls now i have very young children these dogs are bad news they should be banned.forget all the bull sh.t these dogs are not all there.

#43 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hmm... interesting.
Flinders Uni did research on this and found that in a 12 month period between 95/96 year there were 1405 cases of hospitalisation in Australia from dog attacks.
Thats higher than I thought it would be, nearly one every 6 hours.
Hospitalisation occurs from 13% of attacks, meaning there were 10,808 attacks in the year reported.
Meaning there is a dog attack every 48 minutes in Australia.
That means every year 0.06% of the population are attacked by a dog.

Interesting.

Other interesting facts on preventable deaths...
Smoking KILLS one person ever 28 minutes in Australia.
Alcohol KILLS one person every 3 hours in Australia.
Someone DIES on our road every 5 hours in Australia.
Dog attacks kill one person every 1 and a half years. Of which, 36% are children.
30% of dog attacks happen in the home.

#44 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

these dogs are lethal iv owned 3 pit balls now i have very young children these dogs are bad news they should be banned.forget all the bull sh.t these dogs are not all there.

Thanks for the sensible comment mate,

I seen the news tonight, 3 children mauled and one killed by one dog, the national American pit bull association chairman is blaming owners "sigh", he and other dog interest groups are saying education is the key, I noticed they didnt put their hand up to pay the bill or organise this "education" of the public? they wont do a thing about it, these groups are only interested to promote and spread the agressive dog breeds but they want to lump this "education" responsibility on the rest of us,

so let me guess they want the Goverment to take care of it with tax payer money to cover this massive multi million dollar initiative of theirs that will "educate" the public on how to live/survive in a suburbia full of pitbulls, Im sure the majority will join me in saying no thanks, just make people get rid of them.

damn I wish I was a pollie, Id have zero hesitation to ban these breeds in a second and make massive penalties for the owners, if I had it my way putbull owners like the people whos attacked these kids would never see the light of day.

Dog a Mans best friend? no thanks, my best friends are all human.

#45 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Hey Den I am just winding you up, because someone so bright, or who thinks they are, would own flowerhorns...and no your flowerhorns have never killed anyone but nor has my dobermann. I agree with you that those who put the lives of dogs over humans possibly do have some concerns or deficency within the gray matter. However you do seem to go on about the same thing, just face it Den you hate dogs, or those who enjoys them, as far as you are concerned all people who have big dogs are nutters. You are welcome to your opinion, albeit so wrong...maybe we should stop the police army seeing eye, all of them possibly that would suit you...

#46 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

No probs,

But can I please ask how do you justify owning a doberman? and why couldnt you settle on owning a harmless breed?

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 08:14 PM.

#47 FishGal

FishGal
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Aug 19 2011, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I pray for the day when we become serious like the UK about dangerous dogs and wipe them off the face of the Earth

The ban in England hasn't worked though. All it has done is force the breed underground. It has made sellers advertise their dogs as other breeds, it has made owners register them as mixed/cross breeds and not put the true breed down. The breed is still very much flourishing in the UK, just not as openly as it once was.

I have to agree with Bickley, his description of his Pitty, could easily be the description of my bitch. In 10 years of ownership, she's never caused us one moment of worry. She is contained, cannot get out of our yard, she is locked inside at night and during the day. I know where she is at all times, the same with my Staffy.

I'm not going to sit here and try to change anyone's mind about Pitbulls, if you don't like them, think they should be wiped off the earth, then you always will; just like those of us who have them, own them or have owned them and do like/love them will never stop defending them.

#48 spendy

spendy
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Probly same reason not everyone has guppies....
Each to there own..
As long as people can look after there dogs and train them properly why shouldnt they be kept..
If u got a big dog and a small fence then u maybe considered crazy but takin the right precautions
Well thats a different story IMO...

If ur gonna start on dog breeds why not do it to alcohol, fast cars, furry cats,fish and snakes too.
Its a good thing ur not a politition cos most of the posts i see on this forum from urself seem way off..

Anyways good luck with ur campaign..

#49 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

The ban in England hasn't worked though. All it has done is force the breed underground. It has made sellers advertise their dogs as other breeds, it has made owners register them as mixed/cross breeds and not put the true breed down. The breed is still very much flourishing in the UK, just not as openly as it once was
Id like to see the attack statistics since they introduced the new tougher dog laws, because I can assure you that the legialstion has reduced dangerous dog numbers and attacks, if not then it can be expected to be revised, because the brits have had enough of them, people can go underground with their dogs if thats where they want to go, but as soon as they come above ground into society I'd like to see laws there to deal with these people.

10 years of ownership, she's never caused us one moment of worry. She is contained, cannot get out of our yard, she is locked inside at night and during the day. I know where she is at all times, the same with my Staffy.
In a way your suggesting your dog is harmless, but what sort of animal needs to be contained and locked away and kept under constant supervision, also "containment" I might add is a polite way of saying imprisoned, which I think you argued against in a previous debate about dogs being imprisoned.

I'm not going to sit here and try to change anyone's mind about Pitbulls,

If you have changed anyones mind Id say you've changed it against them, by admitting they are a dog that are so unpredicable and dangerous they must be "contained" and locked inside at night and during the day.

I should add that you should take caution with pitbulls, even locked inside is not good enough, I know one breeder whos pitbull smashed through their front lounge window in order to kill a dog being walked by a young girl across the street, I just find it amazing these dogs are allowed to be kept here.

#50 FishGal

FishGal
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

In a way your suggesting your dog is harmless, but what sort of animal needs to be contained and locked away and kept under constant supervision, also "containment" I might add is a polite way of saying imprisoned, which I think you argued against in a previous debate about dogs being imprisoned.

If you have changed anyones mind Id say you've changed it against them, by admitting they are a dog that are so unpredicable and dangerous they must be "contained" and locked inside at night and during the day.

Sigh, you really do like to twist things around to make them sound how you would prefer them to sound don't you? She is not "imprisoned" and if she is, she's the happiest dog in the world to be so but she's not. She is an inside dog, both of our dogs are. They always have been. They would be inside dogs, whether they were Poodles, Pitbulls or Great Danes. I see no point in having a dog to only keep them locked outside. I also don't keep my dogs locked outside during the day or at night because I do not want to inflict on my neighbours the pain in the rear that is howling dogs - we have enough of those in our neighbourhood, I do not wish to add to the noise. I also do not want to risk someone entering our property and potentially letting our dogs out, either mistakenly or on purpose.

I should add that you should take caution with pitbulls, even locked inside is not good enough, I know one breeder whos pitbull smashed through their front lounge window in order to kill a dog being walked by a young girl across the street, I just find it amazing these dogs are allowed to be kept here.

In the UNLIKELY event that my Pitty should smash through our lounge room window, she would struggle to get past the 1.8m high fence that fences our front yard in.

#51 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Aug 19 2011, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have discussed the topic in a couple of threads on my site, but there are no dog nutters on my site, this place is rife with them, maybe these kinds of people are attracted to places with extreme purist ideologies.

Now let me repeat, Im not saying all dog owners are nutters, Im saying people who rank dogs above people are nutters.

You dont like this subject or discussion, you want to close it down but you come here and enguage, can you explain why you are feeling upset about what Im saying? If you cant, I can and I will oblige if you ask me.

I've had a look at your flowerhorn site and don't recall a thread with any debates in keeping dangerous dogs on there, all I see is you tip toeing around on there not trying to get into a debate about dogs.
Why don't you post the exact same thread on your site and see what happens?

Fair enough, I also think that people who rank dogs above humans nutters, they must still remember it is still is animal. Treat dogs as dogs not humans I agree. and must be treated with respect if they possess great power.

I'm not upset about the dicussion, I have learned from the past and you are at it again with your dog hating ways and just want to vent and show what an idiot you are. laugh.gif

Anyone see any strong dog hating comments in this thread?
http://www.flowerhor....php?f=23&t=466

Edited by MONSTAF1SH, 19 August 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#52 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Aug 19 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No probs,

But can I please ask how do you justify owning a doberman? and why couldnt you settle on owning a harmless breed?

Can I ask how you justify the right to determin what a harmless dog is Den ? My mother in law has a jack russel x sausage dog and I'm guessing you think that is a harmless dog ? Funny thing is everyone in the family aswell as friends have been bitten or snapped at by this dog were as my pitty has not bitten or snapped at anyone without a really good reason ( explained in previous post). The jack russel even attacks my boy and has punctured a hole in his head and ripped his ear open , even though my boy could eat the jack russel like a chicken nugget he never has. So really what your saying Den is it's harmless if it's to small to cause serious harm just minor annoying pain ? Was talking to the lady from un named dog wash she has been doing it for years and she loves the bigger so called dangerous dogs because they have never attacked her ! The only dogs to bite her in 20 years have been poodles, jack russels and chiwaywa (however it's spelt) yet she cleans 6 pitbulls and 4 rotweilers every week. Can you justify that Den ?

#53 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

How is this allowed to go on every time Den wants to stir shit?
Why can't he just stir shit on his own forum?

Close it down.... wacko.gif

#54 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

EDIT........Removed on the grounds this is pointless..

Edited by Riggertron, 20 August 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#55 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

How is this allowed to go on every time Den wants to stir shit?
Why can't he just stir shit on his own forum?

Close it down....

What are your motives for derailing and supressing this discussion and the weak personal attacks? please explain yourself? Im open to all arguements.

Its a shame you feel this way about dogs because they are amazing animals and actually have some amazing health benefits for people.... Did you know that stroking a dog can lower a persons stress level? Did you see the story about the child with epilepsy gaining relief from laying with the family dog, his amount of seizures halved....
did you know that positive, loving and intimate(not just sexual) human contact can lower stress even more? I guess Im lucky I have great friendships(with humans) and a loving partner and family so I dont need to be in a pretend relationship with a dog.

You and others like you are disconnecting yourself from your own humanity, its a real shame I feel sorry for the dog nutters I really do, these people who are so isolated their closest intimate connection is to a dog, an animal that couldnt give a rats ass about anyone, just a simple animal programmed to respond, they arent humanly conscious or have the tiniest capacity to love or understand like a human being can, except in the eyes of the derranged who fantasize their dog loves them, its very sad, we really need a national campaign to rescue and help these people and bring them back into the world of humanity.

People need to be taught how to train there dogs, If this were the case you would have nothing to complain about Den but unfortunately there will always be uneducated people who will keep dog
problem is that most people dont care about educating themselves about dogs, for most people dog ownership is about controlling an animal a completely self gratifying and selfish pursuit, so what are all you responsible dog owners doing about it to fix it, people who dont want dogs shouldnt have to pay for this education program, perhaps a new "education" tax on dog owners could fix it? Im open to all ideas, but for me the dog owners in the country have to take the intiative, because a few more dead kids come up in the news headlines and your gonna see ministers start to get tough.

What is a dog? its an animal that turns other animals into dog pooh, thats all they mainly do.

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 11:10 PM.

#56 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

Just my opinion, just like you have yours I think your an idiot.
Go post it in your forum.

#57 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Just my opinion, just like you have yours I think your an idiot.

But you cant explain why you think Im an idiot? you see its easy to just brush off what you dont understand with childish insults, perhaps as you get older you will find the capacity within yourself to contribute something of substance in a discussion.

Edited by Den, 19 August 2011 - 11:32 PM.

#58 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

I had one dickhead neighbours dog escape into my fully enclosed backyard, the dog tunneled under the fence. Knocked on his door and told him his dog was in my yard. He told ME to tie it up till his son got back home.. Because he was too busy to deal with it. I was fuming... I went on to tell him I had a little girl I then asked what if his dog bit my daughter (who wasn't even two at the time). He said to me that MY daughter shouldn't be playing in MY backyard....

#59 MONSTAF1SH

MONSTAF1SH
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Aug 19 2011, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But you cant explain why you think Im an idiot? you see its easy to just brush off what you dont understand with childish insults, perhaps as you get older you will find the capacity within yourself to contribute something of substance in a discussion.

You are ignorant and have a closed mind you have an opinion and stick by it so I'm stickin with mine.
Like I said post this same crap on your own forum.

#60 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

EDIT........Removed on the grounds this is pointless..

Edited by Riggertron, 20 August 2011 - 08:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users