Ben Cousins Recovery

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

all arguments aside, one thing still remains...... DRUGS RUIN FAMILIES!
I just wish the best for Bens family, he has a little boy and that must be hard for his family to cope with everything that's going on.

#22 Cam85

Cam85
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

i fail to see why the reporters need to report it as he is a private person now not in the public eye. you dont hear of joe bloggs going into rehab for substance abuse i think they just need to leave him and his family alone

#23 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Cam85 @ Jan 17 2012, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i fail to see why the reporters need to report it as he is a private person now not in the public eye. you dont hear of joe bloggs going into rehab for substance abuse i think they just need to leave him and his family alone

x 2 ..... i wanna hear ben who!!!! who's he!!!

#24 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Cam85 @ Jan 17 2012, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well it's the trade off innit? You get to do stuff normal people would end up in jail for and get away with it, then you have no cause for complaint if the price is less privacy.

You make stupid amounts of money for kicking and running , part of that deal is you have to give up some freedoms.

It's the same as being on a minesite. You make good money, but there are things you have to give up in return.

Guy's had a very easy run in life and has no cause for complaint.

#25 Cam85

Cam85
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

i can see why he would have little to no privacy whilst he was playing football but now that he has stopped i dont see why they need to report on every sneeze he does. Most of the other retired players dont have to put up with the amount of shit he has to go through with the reporters and such. So they just need to leave him and his family alone.

#26 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

They do it because it sells papers and brings viewers. They do it because it makes them money.

#27 sleepycod

sleepycod
  • Forum Member

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

well that was a waste of 15 minutes.......ben who.....wayne who....gary who....fev ?????......shane warne another great example....oh my mums diet pills .........lmao......sheesh

#28 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Ah. the next chapter in Ben's "recovery": Charged for possession of meth with intent to sell or supply.

http://au.news.yahoo...n-drugs-charge/

http://www.watoday.c...0328-1vyfb.html

He's a nice lad, really though. Prolly brings his mum flowers and such. I know for a fact that Kizon does... biggrin.gif

I'll be interested to see if he gets treated like anyone else facing that charge or whether people come out of the woodwork to weasel and try excuse him. I guess the latter.

Guy could be doing Dennis McKenna's deeds, and people would still be saying "But he was under pressure! as long as he was good at footy. ROFL.

Edited by Kleinz, 28 March 2012 - 05:15 PM.
Removed unnecessary and derogatory comment. Bowdy

#29 Barf

Barf
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

he just left rehab outside of esperence on the w/end to, hard case this one I think.

#30 Scales

Scales
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Ben cousins is a joke, the only reason he was the footballer he was is because of roids and cocain. You think he threw up on regular occasions on field because he pushed himself past his limits?? Hell no it's cause he was coming off his bender and was still off his face

Best football player of all time my arse, he's a crock of shyte junkie

Edited by monstr red devil keepr, 28 March 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#31 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

If cocain and roids can make someone as great a footballer as he then joe blogs down the road could do it. His brain for football was unbelievable he was a great footballer but what he could have become if he wasn't on drugs would have been like we have never seen before. Sure he was a f*+k up but so are a lot of others who have done great things.
That's all I have to say.
Have a great night. Cheers.

#32 Scales

Scales
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

The thing is his game was enhanced by all the amfetamines he was on so without them he would have been crap. He was only good because his coach hid his addiction and his teammates were on as much gear as he was. And to say he was good at footy is a falice too, all he could do was run fast, he couldn't even kick straight :/

#33 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

monstr red devil keepr you keep forgetting he never got caught by the drug testing body. So any thing you say about him playing high is unproven.

#34 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (monstr red devil keepr @ Mar 28 2012, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is his game was enhanced by all the amfetamines he was on so without them he would have been crap. He was only good because his coach hid his addiction and his teammates were on as much gear as he was. And to say he was good at footy is a falice too, all he could do was run fast, he couldn't even kick straight :/

brickwall.gif

Yes, all average players win browlows, premierships and all Australian selections.

There is no claiming he was an average footballer. Anyone who would throw a claim like that around is a fool, or knows next to nothing about football.

Personally I have lost interest. Lots of average Joe's handle addictions with a fraction of the help (or no help) compared to Ben. He has had every chance in the world to come good, yet again and again he seems to mess up... Seems the old saying applies here. You can't help someone who doesn't want to help themself.

Cheers,

Alex

#35 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

guess he just likes gettin high? oh no burn him at the stake!

#36 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

He has gone to far now had so many chances,his family I feel for they would be so embarrassed and hurt,most of all seeing there son die slowly would hurt them so much more,so selfish in my eyes.

#37 waxy

waxy
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (monstr red devil keepr @ Mar 28 2012, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ben cousins is a joke, the only reason he was the footballer he was is because of roids and cocain.

Yeah a bit like saying musicians like Slash, Keith Richards etc,etc are only any good at playin guitar cos of the drugs they like to divulge in.
Theres no way there skills comes from the years of dedication and passion to play there instruments, Its definately the drugs that makes them any good.
Without the drugs Slash cant even strum a power chord!!!!

You gotta be jokin Monstr

#38 spendy

spendy
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

addiction is very, very selfish. . i agree with that.. i am a recovering drug addict myself who is clean for over 2 yrs now..
its crazy what people including myself do to ourselves and familes for drugs an alcohol. .
drug addicts have been know to be screw ups and do bad things, but we are not all bad people.we sometimes have bad behaviours for drugs or under the influence and there are always consequences to those actions wheather that be some kind
of spiritual or moral loss to time inprisonment or mental institutes..
truth is theyre are plenty ways to get clean, but as mentioned before u gotta really want it..
its not easy trust me i struggled with it for years going on and falling off the wagon.. it is the hardest thing i have done in my life.
trying to get through urges and dealing with your head and emotions whilst trying to stay off drugs and dealing with fears and core beliefs gained through life experiences on a day to day level is hard work..

By the way i dont condone anything that anyone does through addiction, but what gets to me is the misunderstanding of uneducated people about drug addicts. . there are people that still judge me, over my past, but truth is i have chosen to take a new path in life..
truth is we all know someone with an alcohol or drug problem. who is still in denial pretending to have a good time..ignorance is not the solution..

take me as i am.
A recovering drug addict
Renato

#39 YIN93

YIN93
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Well said buddy, keep up the good work.

#40 ilikefish

ilikefish
  • Forum Member

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:17 PM