• Forum Member

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

vebas the best and the cheapest place in perth :!:

#43 muscle-man

muscle-man
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

Hi Benckie,

How much did it cost you to tint that tank? Also who did that tint for you?

thanks

#44 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

Coming along nicely.

Can't wait to see it filled with tankbusters.

#45 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

(muscle-man)
Hi Benckie,

How much did it cost you to tint that tank? Also who did that tint for you?

thanks

south west windo tint 90 bucks installed

#46 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

(Peckoltia)
Coming along nicely.

me to a couple more large bichir and ill be laughing

list of fish that will be going in there

rtc
tsn
bgk
sailfin gibbie
endli bichir
ornate bichir
delhezi bichir
saratoga
barra

hows that for an odd ball tank ?

and i wouldnt mind a gar aswellbut thats going to have to wait :cry:

#47 alec

alec
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

rtc
tsn
bgk
sailfin gibbie
endli bichir
ornate bichir
delhezi bichir
saratoga
barra

can't wai to see a pic biggrin.gif

#48 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

there is no point asking me who or whats the number for the tint guy as i live in bunbury people im sure they will drive up to you for a nice call out fee but why not try rining your loacal tint people any one who tints cars houses and try them out. and i would recomned to get the tint cut smaller then the glass as every time you lift or move the tank it wiil come off. and gor for 5% or darker lols now every man and his dog is going to have tinted tanks :roll:

#49 diamondgirl

diamondgirl
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Im really enjoying this journal Benckie.

The pics are really great, like everyone else, cant wait for the end result.

Cheers - DG biggrin.gif

#50 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

(benckie)
(Peckoltia)
Coming along nicely.

me to a couple more large bichir and ill be laughing

rtc
tsn
bgk
sailfin gibbie
endli bichir
ornate bichir
delhezi bichir
saratoga
barra

and i wouldnt mind a gar aswellbut thats going to have to wait :cry:

I forsee some serious problems with that combination. Mainly with your RTC/TSN eating most of your fish. RTC/TSN are fast growing fish as I'm sure you have already discovered. You are going to have a rough time getting the delhezi, ornate, BGK and maybe even your toga to a non-edible size! I am aware that ornates get to 2' but that takes some years. Your RTC will hit 2'+ within 18months (with proper care).

Just a warning. I had a 3' RTC clean me out of plenty of fish! including large saratoga, red hooked silver dollars etc

Alex

#51 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

im well aware of this and other have pointed this out on many ocasions i should mention the tank is devided to seperate most of the serious eaters, ornate will be in a 4 footer once bigger it will go in the 8 foot mabe as its my fav fish. i know about the tsn and rtc and basicly im going to throw them all in and whats left im going to keep :twisted: but every thing is around 25/30cm in size apart from the tsn and the rtc i know a 2 foot tsn or rtc will still broberly eat a bgk or bichir or sailfin around 30cm but i would like to see that :twisted: and to be honest ill be moving the tsn and rtc on once they get around the 1 foot mark i just liked them and wanted to keep them for a while in the end i think it will be a bichir tank. on the note of rtc i have seen my little one try and eat a sailfin 4 times its size tail first very funny to watch asomecatfish nothing bothers them i think they know they get the bigest, dont worry to much what ill mix to gether i like doing things im told i shouldnt and i think ill be alright even if i loose a few fish for around 400 bucks each laugh.gif and the toga is pushing an easy 45 cm now so in 18 months when the toga is around 60cm and the tsn or rtc is around 90 cm if one of them eats the toga biggrin.gif 8O biggrin.gif i think that will be awsome i would pay money to see that. ater your message im all excited im going to see some amazing stuff soon ill have to run a constant video food on them just so i dont miss any killings. let me know if you cashing any large t,bs in a year if they dont all eat each other lols

#52 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

airation

#53 Andrew

Andrew
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:27 PM

im guessing that has a check valve on it shane? or the pump higher than the air input level?

#54 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

it will have a check valve and the pump will be higher but as you can see its just a mock up to give you guys some ideas for you tanks

#55 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

(benckie)
im well aware of this and other have pointed this out on many ocasions i should mention the tank is devided to seperate most of the serious eaters, ornate will be in a 4 footer once bigger it will go in the 8 foot mabe as its my fav fish. i know about the tsn and rtc and basicly im going to throw them all in and whats left im going to keep :twisted: but every thing is around 25/30cm in size apart from the tsn and the rtc i know a 2 foot tsn or rtc will still broberly eat a bgk or bichir or sailfin around 30cm but i would like to see that :twisted: and to be honest ill be moving the tsn and rtc on once they get around the 1 foot mark i just liked them and wanted to keep them for a while in the end i think it will be a bichir tank. on the note of rtc i have seen my little one try and eat a sailfin 4 times its size tail first very funny to watch asomecatfish nothing bothers them i think they know they get the bigest, dont worry to much what ill mix to gether i like doing things im told i shouldnt and i think ill be alright even if i loose a few fish for around 400 bucks each laugh.gif and the toga is pushing an easy 45 cm now so in 18 months when the toga is around 60cm and the tsn or rtc is around 90 cm if one of them eats the toga biggrin.gif 8O biggrin.gif i think that will be awsome i would pay money to see that. ater your message im all excited im going to see some amazing stuff soon ill have to run a constant video food on them just so i dont miss any killings. let me know if you cashing any large t,bs in a year if they dont all eat each other lols

I had my 3' RTC eat a Jardini that was ~50cm. Threw te remains up 2 days later. Was a great thing to wake up to at 4:30am before rowing! The house smelt lovely.

Well if you aren't going to keep the RTC/TSN let me know before you get rid of them I'm always up for more big cats!

#56 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

how big you want them cause if i cant upgrad the tank in 12 months or so when they are getting to big im going to have to move them as i dont want to keep them in cramed conditons

#57 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

3' wide. You should have a couple years before they are getting overly big for the tank. I will have my monster tank in 24months. Will be a pain to move 90cm from buno buT!

#58 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

iver got that sorted already half a water tank on a trailer with a nice heavy lid

#59 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

an update on the stand we have just got to put two more legs on it tomorrow and atach the light frame to the top of the stand, prime the welds, etch the whole frame and rust proof it ready for painting in black higloss paint :wink: here's some pics of the progress so far

cutting the frame out

base where the tank sits

bottom base where the feeder tank, filter, uv and plumbing sits

ataching legs and the two bases

stand almost finshed apart from two legs, 3 more braces and the lighting frame and the plastic caps for the ends

lighting frame to be complete tomorrow

#60 benckie

benckie
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

heres some of the primer i will be using for rust proofing befor painting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users