#41 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

#42 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

Children do lots of stupid things... it is up to the parents to instil the right upbringing...

Yes I agree that insinuating the ideas I bought up maybe wrong... but I am assuming people on this forum are a bit older and wiser, and if they are capable of reading fish related content, then they would have a hobby that does not include hurting cats.

I do not condone the maiming and destruction of any animal, particularly though cruelty....

Basically...... if people actually love cats, then keep them on your own property..... if you dont care, let your neighbours suffer and resort to methods to eradicate the problem.... what other choices do they have??

I have cared for native wildlife for many years, and 80% of cases are caused by cats, and most of these animals do not survive. So before anyone thinks they are lovers of cats.... spend some time at a native animal shelter like Kanyana and see first hand what happens..... I'll bet 90% of people will never keep cats again or at least not allow these feral animals to roam outside their home fences.
Do the right thing, keep cats fenced off like birds, dogs and fish... or any other pet for that matter.... why do people treat cats different???

Glow in the dark fish - how cute and clever..... glow in the dark cats - oooohhhh how cruel........ hypocritical.

#43 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Mr_docfish @ Jul 23 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not condone the maiming and destruction of any animal, particularly though cruelty....

Deffently agree with Sir docfish on this one, However, how can you go past a good cat soup?

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup minced onion
1 cup flour
4 cup hot chicken broth
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
16 oz Cheez Whiz
6 oz beer
1 tbsp Worcestershire
1/4 cup chives, opt.
1/2 Pet Cat, diced

Melt butter. Saut onions in butter. Add flour, with a little chicken broth to make a thick paste. Continue to gradually add broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Add cream and mix till smooth. KEEP STIRRING.

Add Cheez Whiz. Mix till all smooth and melted. Add beer, diced cat, Worcestershire, and chives.

Simmer 15 minutes, stirring constantly.

#44 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

Does it taste like chicken?

Finger licking good!

#45 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

Now that is just sick Sam.....

how dare you.....

ruin perfectly good beer.....

cheers.gif

#46 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Jul 23 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tim, Im sorry, I dont know where to start, can I just say thanks for not deleting my post for a change.

That's ok Den, it's easy to be overwhelmed. And just FYI the moderators do not delete posts because they feel like it or for personal reasons.

Sam - I like your style smile.gif

#47 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

A good place for a cat is on the end of my boot.

#48 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

#49 Blakey

Blakey
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Den if we got 'cents' for every time you were a 'tool' i would be a millionaire.

Do you not ever go back over the stuff you write and just cringe at how foolish you look?
You just dribble sh*t and then try to justify it by dribbling even more sh*t..

#50 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

Oliver you and others here express a common attitude out there that if someones pet cat strays from their property then it gives you the right to kill it, even if the animal is still within the limits of suburbia, which you try to justify by using a completely seperate feral cat issue.

Australia also has a feral dog problem, so can I ask that since pet dogs "escape" and also stray from their owners property should stray pet dogs be treated the same as you want pet cats treated? Is it acceptable for some people to say that people should try to run stray dogs over or shoot them between the eyes with a shot gun if we see a dog running around alone and lost in suburbia?

If anyone has a serious concern for the environment I can only suggest that you take up a more positive initiative other than trying to kill peoples pet cats.

A good place for a cat is on the end of my boot.

Is this comment from sandgroper OK? what happens if we replace the word cat with dog or any other animal in that sentence? then tell me if theres something wrong with societies attitude towards pet cats?

Do you not ever go back over the stuff you write and just cringe at how foolish you look?
You just dribble sh*t and then try to justify it by dribbling even more sh*t

Blakey, LOL, when you think a particular comment or post is "sh*t" then you should explain why you think it is "sh*t" and expose the "sh*t". You have only proven one thing here again, and that is you do not understand the discussion, and the evidence behind my acusation is that you completely resort to childish personal attacks and fail to contribute anything meaningful to the discussion.

Cheers
Den smile.gif

#51 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

#52 RAMBO

RAMBO
  • Banned

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

just ###### my self laughing

There nothing better then coming on here after a big night on the piss and reading all this shit who coulda thought the fish community could be so hillariouse live long pcs live long
LMAO

QUOTE (ado @ Jul 23 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to try make some of these glow-in-the-dark fishys in my lab...

let me no how that goes i want to put the first order of as many of those little suckers you can make

#53 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Den @ Jul 24 2010, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Australia also has a feral dog problem, so can I ask that since pet dogs "escape" and also stray from their owners property should stray pet dogs be treated the same as you want pet cats treated? Is it acceptable for some people to say that people should try to run stray dogs over or shoot them between the eyes with a shot gun if we see a dog running around alone and lost in suburbia? can you now see how cruel and silly this extremist cat attitude is in our society?

I dont have to worry about dogs...the city pound does that for me... they inject them......

Oliver you and others here express a common attitude out there that if someones pet cat strays from their property then it gives you the right to kill it, even if the animal is still within the limits of suburbia, which you try to justify by using a completely separate feral cat issue.

It is not a feral cat issue.... the two pics above are of suburbia cats..... and not to mention the piss spraying and the fighting on my roof at all hours etc etc........ I have had a gut full of other people's pets.... if their goldfish were to stray into my pond, I would do the same with them..... if the neighbours dont want them or take proper care of them, then I will take care of them....

btw... I never said I would kill them... you have assumed that..... it is a deep emotional need to do so, hence the insinuations, but I am man enough to hold my emotions and find other ways of dealing with the problem - like tell the neighbours I own a a big shredder..... wink.gif

No love lost here Den..... just dont get too emotional over this one.

#54 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hey Oliver Im not getting emotinal, I just have something in my eye......

Its a little late for the environment after you have become part of a big bulldozed suburban society Oliver.

Look at these poor kids, they did their best, they tried to be humane to this cat 13 times, but thats what happens when parents are irresponsible and give their kids an air rifle instead of a shot gun.(being sarcastic).

http://www.brisbanet...90922-fzzj.html

I find stray dogs regularly on my street, I dont try to run them over or shoot them, I try to find the owner, I hope people would do the same for my pet cat, if it ever went astray.

Cheers
Den smile.gif

#55 Mr_docfish

Mr_docfish
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

If you housed your cat appropriately and responsibly, then it has no fear from me.... not that i would do anything to it..... just suggesting that there are those in society that have had a greater gut-full than me.

every other pet is housed in a cage, box or tank.... what gives cats a right to annoy their neighbours...

#56 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

#57 gibbs

gibbs
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Lets all leave Den alone now. Being a complete anus on forums is the only way the guy feels he is being listened to.

It's ok Den we all read your posts.

Lets go kill us some cats!!!!!!! There's actually alot of feral cats out at the minesite im working on. The old 12 gauge would be very handy if only Minara would let me carry it on site dry.gif

#58 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:52 PM

ahahaha daz has a lolcat for everything.

#59 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

Just for Den smile.gif

#60 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Attached File  5341688.jpg   425.36KB   35 downloads

Seriously though, I reckon Den has a point about the men in Australian culture having a problem with cats. I have been in many a social situation where cats have come up and you get the stock standard statements like....."ha ha ha great cray bait" "make great Staffy snacks" etc etc.

I just wonder how this has become acceptable? Is it acceptable? It seems to be rife in the bogan classes (a class I can comment on, being one myself), many of the people saying these things have probably never owned a cat, or do own cats??? I think Den might be onto something in this instance because there is a feminisation of cats and "real men" like dogs? Pink and cats for girls, blue and dogs for boys?

Has anyone else noticed this? My mum was a strong animal advocate and my dad is a real man, so I observed these behaviours in certain environments where men are establishing their class and defining their maleness, but never at home.

As I said before, this is so embedded in our culture we don't even notice it. Have you ever said these things and don't really know why? Have you heard other men saying such things?

Are Australian men ...Pussy Hating Misogynists ?

I think among certain groups, it could well be. What do you think? I'm just sayin" is all.

Regards,

Donna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users