My Story

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Cawdor @ Feb 26 2011, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just out of interest, and I am being genuine in my question: does the AMA code of ethics apply to your profession? I don't know what type of doctor you are and if you are legally bound to it or whether it is just a guideline.
AMA code of ethics

In particular item j: Refrain from denying treatment to your patient because of a judgement based on discrimination.

Good question, just as a patient has a right to pick his doctor, a doctor has a right to pick his patient too. If I feel that my wellbeing is under threat (drugged out aggressive patient, risk of catching a viral borne disease, verbally or physically threatened) then I have a right to decline care of a patient. Unless of course its a life threatening emergency. In private practice however it is rare to see such uncooperative patients, believe it or not there are a large number of people out there who have never taken illicit drugs in their lives.
And a code of ethics is simply just a code and guideline, not a set of rules. The AMA has no power over a doctor

#42 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (fourdapostle @ Feb 26 2011, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tarpon you ask me what I do for a living now, I am a minister in a church...I used to sell cars, and make a lot although not as much as some of my compatriates, they had no morals...but still earned 110,000 in 84, you work it out, 27 years ago that was more than what you earn today even if it is as much as you say...However in all this I thought you took an oath to preserve life no matter what or has that changed now also...out of interest.

Your figure of 30K per year is what a 1st year intern would have made in 1984. GPs were making a hell of a lot more then.
The oath to preserve life is just an oath, and in certain circumstances is legally confusing (abortion, life support for the brain dead etc)

Anyway Dano I am sorry to have posted on your thread, this is about you and while I do not agree with your previous life choices, I will repeat to all on the forum that I have actually met you once and you are a reasonable bloke. I will now ban myself from this thread

#43 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Tarpon @ Feb 26 2011, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In private practice however it is rare to see such uncooperative patients, believe it or not there are a large number of people out there who have never taken illicit drugs in their lives.

not everyone who takes drugs becomes a raving lunatic, and most of them wouldnt tell their doctor such things wink.gif

#44 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

Hey Tarpon, check this out world wide wages from the nation average in 2004 $4000 a month well thats stats anyways i could be reading it wrong you may have to tell me
http://www.worldsala...physician.shtml

#45 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

well, when someone has their head so far up their dot, they can only be full of one thing imo hahah

#46 ado

ado
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:52 AM

Interesting stuff going on.

On the one hand we seem to have a humble man who has repented from the seriously evil ways of his past, has turned to God and begged for forgiveness, and humbly admits that he is a no-one and not worthy of any special attention or consideration from other people. Now he has become a Christian, and spends his life voluntarily working to help other youth make wise decisions, and avoid the terrible path that he took.

On the other hand we seem to have a couple of people who are so caught up in hatred that they feel it impossible to forgive others who did terrible wrongs. One of whom insists that he is a worthy addition to society for no other reason than because of the amount of tax he pays from his obscene income.

I know who I would prefer as my neighbour...

I think that the way this thread has gone wouldn't bother Danny in the least. He understands something that many other people do not.
Christians follow a path that others cannot understand:

"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
Matthew 5:43-48

But I still do think that some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves for how this thread has developed.

Edited by ado, 27 February 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#47 rx007

rx007
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

Glad you have dragged yourself out of it Danny. Wether it was god, budda or anyone else that helped you.

Also: Plenty of doctors & people in the medical proffesion take drugs & are addicts.. My sister was an administrator at mounts bay & a nursing matron, she told me lots of stories about druggy doctors.

#48 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hi everyone,

Interesting debate. I have a feeling if we were all in the same room together, we would find more common ground than uncommon ground.

I would just like to challenge the stereotype that is being perpetuated here of what drug addicts and drug dealers look like. What people seem to forget, is that there are highly functioning drug addicts out here. They are valued members of society, and they buy their gear from men and women in suits, in government buildings, and for the most part, they are invisible.

I would like to propose, that it is a very individual journey that people go on with drugs. The Hollywood stereotypes that are being bandied around here, do exist, but they are by far and away not the most common manifestation of a drug dealer or addict. I would further propose, that what is being described here, once again, is a function of poverty, and the fact that people from LSEB are again, more at risk.

Compare Dr Joe's $500.00 a week habit, (Just an e.g. ) to suburban mum with three kids living in a State Houses with the same habit. How does that look? How does that impact on people's lives? Dr Joe just does one more useless tonsilectomy to cover his costs. He can get good gear, so the risk to his health is minimal. He has a cleaner who comes in and keeps the place clean, and he can afford to eat healthy in the hospital cafeteria.

Drugs do not necessarily take you down. People can live with heroin and have a perfectly invisible existence, and be high functioning.

What do you do to their dealers?

Again, we are looking at more than a simple drug dealer, addict scenario. I propose that people from LSEA are again, more at risk of becoming the Hollywood stereotype than Dr Joe, and it is poverty we need to address, not drug dealers.

And all the while circling, is the Huge Drug Cartels, who are so embedded in the World's economy and World politics, you will never take them down. Right now they are funding wars and propping up governments.

This is an issue that can't be dealt with using single bullets.

Look out for your family, and don't always think the dealer is the greasy guy with the back pack...he or she could well be suited up working in your daughter's building in the CBD.

Regards,

Donna

#49 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (ado @ Feb 27 2011, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I still do think that some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves for how this thread has developed.

+1 Agree wink.gif

QUOTE (Donna @ Feb 27 2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look out for your family, and don't always think the dealer is the greasy guy with the back pack...he or she could well be suited up working in your daughter's building in the CBD.

I don't usually read your posts Donna as they are always so looooooooooooooooooooooooooong, tongue.gif but I though I would as I have become good mates with Danny and have been keeping an eye on this thread as I feel Danny has done a huge thing and told his story publicly after I asked him to do so.
I totally agree with your above comment, And have witnessed it myself many times in my past with ex friends and their dealers.

#50 danie1

danie1
  • Validating

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

I myself Am a bit confused At what point does one become a drug dealer ???

Cause,,, In my experience (pretty informed) Everyone and I mean everyone who has picked up a hard drug habit, They will always start moving the shit on to others to get there own hit/fix for cheaper or free,,,,, that how dealers are made.

So don't go believing your poor sister, brother, cousin is just a victim, they ain't they live, they think, they choose.

People should address the reason drugs are being taken in the first place.

regards dan

Edited by danie1, 27 February 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#51 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

this thread still makes me smile so I thought I would bump it up for all the new comers since early 2011 smile.gif

FYI I am moving to the USA to pioneer an aquaponics farm that will employ men coming through the correctional services so that they can have a shot at a new life making just wages. All the best everyone. God bless. Dano

#52 Moses

Moses
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Livin the dream Dano. All the best and God bless smile.gif

#53 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

All the very best in your travels Dano.

When are you off?

#54 Terry

Terry

Life Member

• PCS Club Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I went through the whole thread, nothing made me smile. Show them how to falsify a resume, your obviously good at it.

#55 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

If my residency comes through we will go in late April Alex. Still time for a fish together before we head out smile.gif

#56 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Give it a rest terry , if you can't say anything nice don't say any thing at all .

Good luck in your new adventures danno

#57 ant86

ant86
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Its a moving and eye opening life story dano. and what a strong person you are to change your life around and to break the addiction, mostt cant.. lm not religous but but this story reminds me of you of my favorite qoutes..

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

my wife is 3months pregnant and l hope that lm a good guy and a great role model to my kid as you are to all poeple. good luck on you travels mate, wish you all the best!

Ant

#58 danotaylor

danotaylor
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Terry @ Dec 6 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went through the whole thread, nothing made me smile. Show them how to falsify a resume, your obviously good at it.

Wow...Terry it seems my existence has once again offended you...I have be thinking about whether or not I should respond to your post these past 2 days...would it be wise, beneficial or perhaps counter productive...anyway here goes...

When I wrote "smile" I did not mean to mock at your pain...given the painful issue that was exposed in your life through me sharing my story it was careless of me to write "smile"...I am certainly not smiling at your pain or the hardships you have exerienced in life so for that I am sorry.

I was actually referring more in relation to feeling shocked by the full gament of thoughts and opinions surrounding my choices in life both past and present, peoples opinion of me though most have never met me, ideas concerning God's existence or non-existence...and all from me openning up to share my story as requested by another member

I am not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that I would be good at "falsifying" information when this whole thread, my involvement in it at least, has been about openness and transparency. There very principles through which I found freedom from the fear of what other think about me, including you. Honestly though at the risk of making you more angry I must say that your consistent attacks upon my personal character only make me feel more compassionately towards you.

As I prayed for you this morning Father God wanted me to communicate to you that He is watching, waiting for you to return. He wants to restore & heal your heart. To cover you with His love and take away your pain. He gave me this verse for you from Isaiah 53, it is what Jesus has done for each of us, you included;

Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

All you need to do is give it to Him. All the best to you Terry. God bless,

Danny

Edited by danotaylor, 07 December 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#59 Iamsam

Iamsam
  • Forum Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Danny, i was having a chin wag with god this morning, and aside from him complaining that the angels just can't cook a decent cheesecake, he gave me this verse for you from 2 Kings 2 (NIV version offcourse!)

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

Maybe watch out for bears in america???

Ps. i can't read Isaiah 53;6 with out putting in the Baa baa doo baa baa of Colin Buchanan....

Edited by Iamsam, 07 December 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#60 Barf

Barf
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

G'day Danny,
Your a good man doing a good thing at some point in our lives we will all look back and wonder what we have done (and I don't mean for ourselves), your book will be full and you wont be sorry. thanks for the prayers and the ears m8. All the best.

Hello odd socks haven't seen you around here for a while smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users