Photo

Hr Licence

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hey does anyone no were you can do a day or 2 course in perth to get your hr licence ? Don't want to muck around booking test after test hoping there is somewhere you can do it all at once

Cheers guys
Bickley

#2 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Cmt transport down bunbury way

#3 Moses

Moses
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

http://www.keenbros.com.au/rigid.html located in Maddington. I got mine through CMT in Bunbury. Think it was $1200 for a 2 day course which included the test. Keen Bros was cheaper from memory.

Edited by Moses, 26 February 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#4 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Keen is the go. They will try to sell you on the Road Ranger gearbox, which is a total Purple People Eater with all the double clutching, though.

#5 BIG-PETE

BIG-PETE
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

there is a mob in malaga that do it corner of victoria and alexander dr

#6 Bickley

Bickley
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I have no experience at all in trucks but tought myself how to drive a car. I'm assuming 2 days driving you would pick it up and should be easy to past the test what you think ?

Def going the crash box though

Edited by Bickley, 26 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#7 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

had any experience with a crash box before? if not i cant recommend it if your trying to get it in 2 days.

#8 Moses

Moses
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

I had an automatic car license and automatic car when I went for my 2 day course. I could drive a manual car though. Picked up the road ranger gearbox no worries. Takes a few hours to get your head around it to get your body parts working in unison but 2 days is enough. When I got up north for work all the trucks had synchro gearboxes. Go figure lol

#9 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

The 2 days course is better, and worth the extra money.
If you do 1hr lessons every week it takes longer to get the hang of it.
1 day in the truck, any idiot can drive them. Evidence is some of the truckies out there smile.gif

#10 Stacey89

Stacey89
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I dont know anyone who has done the two days but I have heard there is one in bunbury.
I did mine through Tala transport in midland they are 90p/h with two hour sessions. You could look at booking some long sessions or lots close together? maybe one every day for a week and have the lesson booked in at the end
I dont know how the weekend course runs but 2 hours in the truck at a time while learning was enough for me especially using the road ranger gear box!

#11 Robbotheyobbo

Robbotheyobbo
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I got mine with keen bros in maddington and also did the 2 day course in the road ranger box, but I had been in and around different trucks all my life in transport yards, the instructors at keens are great, I think it was $1100 for the 2days.

If you pick things up very quickly it's in your best interest to go the road ranger, other wise you are gear box restricted and can only drive trucks with sinkro boxes and limits your future job opportunities.

The one in Malaga is makene's driving school, rac does truck courses, but stear clear of wrightways, I have never heard any good things about them and I know a few people who have gone through them and then swapped to keens.

Werdna is spot on, there is plenty of idiots in trucks on our local roads aswell as the highways around our state, but that's the case for every type of vehicle on our roads, you get good drivers and some VERY bad drivers

Edited by Robbotheyobbo, 27 February 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#12 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Q for all with HR license.

I got my L's today and can be taught at work with one of our trucks (RRGB) do I still need to do a private lesson before doing the test?

#13 Neakit

Neakit
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

no. It may be of some advantage but no you dont need profesional lessons.

#14 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I would still do atleast one if you are going to a licensing centre for the test. They will tell you where you will most probably be driven and what you will be tested on etc

#15 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ok thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users