• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Kieran @ Jan 27 2011, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Flexes Moderator Muscles*

You have been warned. Keep it impersonal.

See you all at the meeting smile.gif

Loving this biggrin.gif

Care to share your moderator muscles Tuesday wink.gif

Is a new memeber and not scared of by you boys!

Edited by Sarahjayne1988, 27 January 2011 - 11:00 PM.

#82 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

The Taliban were fighting the Russians, if you remember they were financed by the USA for that. The invasion started in 1979, possibly before you were born, I am not sure. They were finanaced primarily to defeat the Russians with weapons and tec expertiese from the USA. Once that was sorted the Russians gave up. In 1988 under Gorbechev the Russians pulled out. In 1996 The Taliban capture Kabul and there it all started.
Check out this web, a little info for you
http://www.religious...rg/rt_afgha.htm

#83 Kieran

Kieran
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Sarahjayne1988 @ Jan 27 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Loving this biggrin.gif

Care to share your moderator muscles Tuesday wink.gif

Is a new memeber and not scared of by you boys!

Lol. The meetings are 100% completely different. No keyboard warriors, because there are no keyboards smile.gif

EDIT: Added "because there are no keyboards smile.gif" since some of you seem to have missed the point tongue.gif

#84 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

Hey Den, you may have to help some with their history...not to good on here very limited...

#85 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I find it a little offensive when people's posts are disregarded and they are labelled as "keyboard warriors" when they are clearly writing about things that deeply concern them.

This section is called "Off the Wall"

I figure it is a section where people can post something a little bit different, and people can participate if they find it interesting, or simply skip over if they don't. Much the same as you comment in the other sections if you know a little about the topic. If you don't, then you leave it to people who do...it's no different.

What makes people feel compelled to comment if they think that it is not interesting? What makes people want to hurt others or try and exclude them by writing that what they say is being a "keyboard warrior?"

If the topic is too much for you, or you find it disturbing or boring, or if your comprehension skills don't permit you to particpate, then please, feel free not too. Sad thing is, as a member, I have just as many "rights" as you do to participate in topics of interest to me. The fact is, those who are "knocking" threads such as these are the ones who look a little bit silly...advice....maybe stick to what you know. I don't try and participate in any of the threads that I know nothing about. You won't see me on Tank busters or Marine...I would look like a fool.

Den, I am sorry you had to deal with such hurtful actions, and I know many people who have moved here from the East for the reasons you have stated, and conversely, people who have moved here to get away from the "towel heads" wink.gif

Exclusion and bullying exists on so many levels.

Regards,

Donna

#86 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

well your off the wall coment may be tru but do you not think that we should still try to well represent each other.... off the wall can still be read by guests you know..

the reson you may find keyboard warrior is an often used term is because most of these people are only ever seen on the forum.. not in person and there for feel a greater licence to ''mouth off'' , having usually never met the person/s they are throwing thier conclusions at.

p.s i have attended every PCS meeting and event since i became a member, every one i have met is a1 , and i have never met in person any of these ''keyboard warriors " because they are exactly that. not caring how they sound to others from the comfort of there own home
thats all from me folks

keep it tight alright

lol

Edited by scottyhooton, 27 January 2011 - 11:54 PM.

#87 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

If "Off the Wall" is read by guests, what is the problem? Some people may find that interesting and see that this forum has a little more to offer?
I was a guest once you know smile.gif I am now a member.

Why do you interpret what is said as "mouthing off?" There are some very valid concerns met here, by caring people. I value this. If you don't, I respect that too. Not everyone has the same interests in terms of "Off the Wall" topics.

Congratulations for having attended lots of meetings. Unfortunately I have other club committments on club nights, but I have attended some. The people I have met were very nice, and made me feel very welcome. They did not try to make me feel bad about myself for any reason. I was accepted for who I am (you know who you are). I continue to support the club as best I can.

I spend a lot less time in the comfort of my own home than you might imagine smile.gif

Regards,

Donna

#88 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

P.s I have just chatted with Donna in pcs chat , turns out she doesn't bite ..... Lol

#89 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:40 AM

I'll be at the meeting, I turn from keyboard warrior to the good looking guy working the coffee machine smile.gif

#90 fourdapostle

fourdapostle
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

I also am at most of the meetings when this doesn't conflict with my job, so also like andrew I think I am an ok guy as all i have met are too. I have met Den at PCS functions, and picked up stuff from him, he is an ok guy too. So comments made bys some as Donna states are sometimes a little disconcerting....specially whey people are 'attacked', for making statements, in most caes as Donna says from those with limited knowledge of the subject.
Keep it up Donna, maybe you should be a 'moderator'.

#91 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

hope to meet some more of you there on tuesday then.....i'm the lanky one with the mullet ( sure i'll be pointed out wink.gif ) come,n introduce yourself i'm a friendly guy smile.gif

#92 Sarah Jayne

Sarah Jayne
  • Forum Member

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

Can you please come introduce yourself to me if we have talked. Im sure I'll stand out. Would love to actually put names to faces biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users