PCS & Stuart M. Grant - Cichlid Preservation Fund - Details here

Olympics And Drugs

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Fish-lips_*

Guest_Fish-lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hey guys what do you think of all the people accusing the young Chinese swimmer of taking drugs?
I think this is no good accusing people because they are fast,she has been drug tested like everyone else and she is clean,I recon hats off to her,
Also our Aussie swimmer not so good maybe they should spend more time training then posing on Facebook
Thanks guys

#2 Jeff

Jeff
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

She swam the last lap of her medley relay faster than the mens gold medalist in the same event so of course questions will be asked!

I don't like that people are flat out saying she is a cheat but certainly suggesting there may be drugs involved is not unreasonable considering her times.

I'd love to believe she is clean but history shows that these freak times often prove to be a result of cheating.

Edited by Jeff, 31 July 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#3 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Something sus is going on she beat her personal best by 5 seconds and like Jeff said she was faster then the mens gold medalist. But saying that if it is just a bloody good swim then good on her.

#4 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Definitely suss.

Trust the americans to point the finger at the chinese though lol

#5 booze

booze
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

steroids and PED are part of olympics no doubt.

#6 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

allways new drugs on the market the chinese are notorious for being drug cheats also

#7 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

The Olympics is a joke.

Most people have wool over their eyes thinking that only a 'few' athletes take drugs. The games are rife with drug cheats.

Personally, I don't care, it has gotten to a point where it can not be eliminated. Personally I would rather see a robot covered with skin run sub 10seconds for the 100m, rather than 10 +.

#8 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Peckoltia @ Jul 31 2012, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most people have wool over their eyes thinking that only a 'few' athletes take drugs. The games are rife with drug cheats.

And your proof of this is where ?

Obviously there will always be cheats but I don't think it's at the extent your claiming.

#9 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

http://en.wikipedia....e_Olympic_Games

... and they are just the unlucky ones who have been caught.

It is my educated opinion.

Believe what you like.

#10 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Conda @ Jul 31 2012, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the chinese are notorious for being drug cheats also

And where is your proof? According to Alex's link http://en.wikipedia....e_Olympic_Games
since 1984 1 Australian and 1 Chinese national have been caught at an Olympic event for doping, not exactly "notorious" figures
If the swimmer took drugs then she should be banned for life, if people have no proof then stop the false accusations

I think the biggest scandal at the games is how FAT that swimmer Liesel Jones has become, and how she was allowed to compete in her condition, drug test her and you will find McDonalds thickshake in her bloodstream. I am outraged that my tax payer dollars were wasted on sending her on her little holiday to London

#11 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Brutallllllllll

#12 Conda

Conda
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Tarpon do your research before u mouth off .32 chinese bave been caught since the 1990s

#13 garlic shrimp

garlic shrimp
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

not making excuses but got to wait and see if anyone gets busted,then we can all point the finger and rubbish them then.

#14 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

why bother making it illegal?? i want to see the druggo olympics, where no substance is banned. see some guy sprint 100m in 5 seconds then keel over frothing at the mouth, now THATS entertainment

#15 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Conda @ Aug 1 2012, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
32 chinese bave been caught since the 1990s

At the Olympics?? Just referring to Alex's quote/link. Why don't you put up your link so we can check it out. I am always happy to be corrected by proof not just by hearsay

And what are the names of the "new drugs" you allude to, presumably you have a pharmaceutical background??

QUOTE (garlic shrimp @ Aug 1 2012, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not making excuses but got to wait and see if anyone gets busted,then we can all point the finger and rubbish them then.

+ 1

#16 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

very simple store urine and blood samples indefinitely.. untill such time better,accurate and wider testing can be achieved on all the new performance enhancing drugs....
bit like private health care vs govt health care..... olympians can afford private... officials trying to catch them are given govt... Rofl_3f.gif

we race horses and greyhounds doped to the eyelids to increase performance... and no-one calls drug cheat..

mr universe is really genetics + huge amounts of drugs + huge training regime = best of the best.... no-one cries foul on drug cheats!!!

as suggested maybe its nearly time to open house and forget trying to catch drug cheats....

or make the penalty - country disqualification... puts the onus back on the country to test their athletes before entering them into games... imagine the embarassment on the athletes part being caught and bringing their whole country down....

#17 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (bigjohnnofish @ Aug 1 2012, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
imagine the embarassment on the athletes part being caught and bringing their whole country down....

Not necessarily, Shane Warne is a drug cheat and is still an absolute legend, I'd vote for him to be prime minister

#18 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (Tarpon @ Jul 31 2012, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the biggest scandal at the games is how FAT that swimmer Liesel Jones has become, and how she was allowed to compete in her condition, drug test her and you will find McDonalds thickshake in her bloodstream. I am outraged that my tax payer dollars were wasted on sending her on her little holiday to London

Her condition?
She came 5th in the finals.
That means she is probably the 5th fastest person in the world at the moment at 100m breaststroke.
She qualified for her position and has EVERY right to be there.
She is also the first Australian swimmer to compete at 4 Olympic games.
Are you outraged at every Olympian that has been flown to London that didnt win a medal? I mean, what a waste of money that was, sending them on a little holiday for nothing...

#19 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (werdna @ Aug 1 2012, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI mean, what a waste of money that was, sending them on a little holiday for nothing...

+ 1

#20 Bowdy

Bowdy
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

Sarcasm undetected ^^^^ hehe smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users