Photo

Feeding Bn

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 malbone

malbone
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

I have a pair of Bn in with Cichlids - they get pumkin but I like to add waffers to their diet - with the tank lights off I drop 3 in and cover the tank to make it dark - the problem is it hasn't taken the Cichlids long to work this out so they are grabbing them - I don't know what's happening when the cover is on and think they would smell them out long before the Bn are out - is it possible to feed waffers and the Bn get them???   thanks mal

#2 Mattymak

Mattymak
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

With all the lights off the catfish will generally get a bit of the food dropped in as the other fish will be asleep / resting

#3 sandgroper

sandgroper
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:54 PM

Turn  the lights off half an hour before you go to bed to let the fish settle. Then last thing before you hop into bed drop in the algae wafers. I only feed mine every second night and zucchini once a week.

#4 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:04 AM

Just drop a slice of the zucchini in and let em go for it. :) stick a fork in it to weigh it down

#5 silverscreen

silverscreen
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:45 PM

i have a few rocks piles in my display tanks...firstly i drop in my flakes for my cichlids and straight after that while the cichlids are eating the flakes i drop in the vege wafers kind of around the rocks where the catties are hiding and i find this gives them the best chance to find the vege wafers...hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users