An Apology

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:30 PM

Hi,

As most of you know for quite some time i have been selling F1 electric yellows.

Recently in a thread on another forum some people were alluding that i was making false claims and ripping people off. So i responded by gathering my own information.

After being in contact with several people here and in the eastern states including the person i bought the WC Yellows from it turns out that it was a huge scam in the eastern states some time ago.In no way did the person i bought these fish from know and it was her that was scammed when she bought these fish labeled as WC yellows herself.

So my apologies to all those that bought my yellows that i labeled as F1`s believing that these were legit myself.

When i purchased these fish (for a considerable sum) my intention was only to introduce clean bloodlines into our exsisting heavily inbred stock and improve the quality of yellows available around town.

My wife and i are still striving to improve the quality of the electric yellows we are breeding.

Sorry to all those who i have misled as that was never my intention to try and rip people off as it has been suggested elsewhere.

I do not wish to turn this into a debate i just wanted people to know the truth.

Craig

#2 SynoAngel

SynoAngel
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

Craig/Christine,

Its sad when people are scammed, and even more so when its yourself. To have found the information to proove that your fish are not what they were sold as and reveal it to all members is courageous. I have learnt a lesson from this and I hope others can to, do not accept what someone is saying as gospel, do your own research and come to your own conclusion.

Daniel

#3 teck

teck
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

yah craig sad to hear a lot of people where saying that there were none of these fish down under but a lot of poeple were still dismissing it and were saying that they were F1 but now i guess its out in the clear and clears up a few things

#4 Managuense

Managuense
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

Terribly sorry to hear this Craig. Nevertheless though, your Electric Yellows are of outstanding quality. But its still a shame that they aren't F1s, but it won't stop me from buying some off of you.

#5 cobby

cobby
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

I tip my hat to you Craig for doing the right thing

Cheers Cobby

#6 2FasT-2FuriouS

2FasT-2FuriouS
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

we all make mistake in our lives, its what we learn from those mistake that is important.

cheers

#7 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:33 PM

I want my money back!!!! only jk smile.gif
Thanks Craig for doing the right thing and clearing this up. A lesser man would have just kept quiet.

#8 Den

Den
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

Even still the quality of your yellows is still excellent and the prices you charged was always very reasonable, I've personally paid more for yellows that turned out to be good enough to become feeder fish.

Cheers
Den

#9 CCA001

CCA001
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

Hi ya Craig that takes alot of courage and heart to tell everyone what you have found out, and as others have said we do commend you for being honest and out in the open with it, not trying to hide behind something whilst its all going on.

I do agree with the others tho that the Electric Yellows you are producing are of great quality.

Please keep up the great work that you are doing with them and dont let this dishearten you in anyway.

Regards
Adam smile.gif

#10 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

Hey Craig,

As I said on the phone today, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The person who sold them a few years ago to everyone made a massive profit from lying to people about these fish.
Today I found out a lot about that person, and his dealings.

It's very unfortunate that people like that are in the hobby as it wrecks it for some of us.
Your yellows have always been of great quality and I agree with Den, you have never overcharged for them, I myself would still be prepared the $$ you ask for them as they are of high quality.

Will chat to you later this week.

Have a good one. wink.gif

Cheers
Az

#11 2FasT-2FuriouS

2FasT-2FuriouS
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Aquatic Dreams @ Jun 16 2008, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Craig,

As I said on the phone today, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. The person who sold them a few years ago to everyone made a massive profit from lying to people about these fish.
Today I found out a lot about that person, and his dealings.

It's very unfortunate that people like that are in the hobby as it wrecks it for some of us.
Your yellows have always been of great quality and I agree with Den, you have never overcharged for them, I myself would still be prepared the $$ you ask for them as they are of high quality.

Will chat to you later this week.

Have a good one. wink.gif

Cheers
Az

why dont u name and shame this person so we may learn from his mistake and not deal with this individual

#12 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

Because I was asked not too. He knows who he is & he knows he did the wrong thing. $40K is a lot of scamming. Yes thats right $40K.
He isnt from WA.

#13 Cicolid

Cicolid
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:50 PM

I would personally like to commend you on your honesty & I admire you for it.

Knowing you as I do, I know you would never intentionally deceive anyone as to the quality of your fish.

As for "ripping people off" ...I don't think so. I have seen fish of a far lesser quality sold for much more than you ask.

Let's hope we all learn from this lesson.

Col

#14 Pyro-San

Pyro-San
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:59 AM

It is disappointing that people do stuff like this (scam) but as several people have said it takes a lot of guts to admit you were scammed, especially when you have on-sold items you were scammed on. I hope karma gets him back and I hope there is something you can do to get at least some of your money back.

That said I'm still very happy with the price I paid for the quality of yellows I have. smile.gif

#15 Aquatictrader

Aquatictrader
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

Yeah Az, name him as you will then need to name the sources that you have aquired this info off as it has to be be fair.

Remember, that once you taint a fish/seller, you must taint all other stock from that person, which may make it hard to justify, now lets get going on this one shall we!

2 cents worth

#16 Scat

Scat
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

I do not wish to turn this into a debate i just wanted people to know the truth.

If you wish to pursue this please do so via pm thank you.

Craig

#17 Aquatictrader

Aquatictrader
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:19 PM

Via Pm is better so the accusers never get named!

I really love the "end times" justice.

#18 Tucunare

Tucunare
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

hi craig
i know since the day you got em you were convinced they were so dont feel bad for being misled, as everybody has previously stated your fish are of the highest quality in australia so paying the extra is a privlidge to own such well raised fish.
maybe you should be selling them as "better than F1's".
dont feel bad mate, ive been in the same situation (by probably the same supplier dry.gif ) and its not long before they come unglued.
i too was offered the fish at the same time as andrea and from memory was told they were wild caught "lions cove" so id say you arnyt the only one who got done.
Keep up the quality mate your an inspiration to fish keepers/breeders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users