Photo

Murdering Cats

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Simpler to put dog unfriendly snail pellets in the gardens I've decided, dogs won't die but the owners get a big vet bill

#62 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Nothing wrong with trying to keep snails from your yard. Some plants also irritate dogs skin and might keep them away.

#63 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

What type of plant is it?

#64 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Rhoeo spathacea nana - Moses in a cradle.

They sell them at Bunnings for around $3-5 a pot. Pretty popular plants. They are hardy buggers and provide ground cover. Gives dogs a reaction leaving them with itchy red spots usually.

#65 Westie

Westie

West African Cichlid fan

• Admin

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I had that plant in my garden and it grew like mad. It looks like crap if it gets full day of sunlight though

#66 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Do kids get a rash if they touch it ??

#67 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Not commonly. At least not that I am aware of. If the kids have allergies to grass and things like that they might get some kind of reaction I guess.

#68 Pat

Pat
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all West Australian Amphibians protected? There are certainly restrictions on taking and keeping any West Australian Amphibian. If you have evidence that these cats are killing native frogs and are not being properly controlled by their "owners" aren't the council or some government agency obliged to act?

CALM may be able to give you some information on what your course of action may be as they are responsible for the legislation on protected species.

Regards Pat

Edited by Pat, 16 October 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#69 Kleinz

Kleinz
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Council says they won't take any action on a cat.

#70 Anka

Anka
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Motorbike frogs are not endangered or even threatened as far as I'm aware. I doubt CALM will care.

#71 Pat

Pat
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

No, they are neither of those, but I'm pretty sure they fall under the umbrella of protection under CALM legislation. It's all very well some lazy local government employee dismissing your case hoping that you will go away but if you hit them with some legislation and get another government agency involved, particularly one with the clout that CALM has, things can change. A lot of these bureaucrats rely on saying no then hoping the problem will go away.

You seem like the kind of guy who's up for a challenge....

Before I get complaints about my panning of government workers, I am one too. Just not a lazy one

Anyhow it was just a thought.

Maybe a Pit Bull is the solution after all! wink.gif

Regards Pat

Edited by Pat, 16 October 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#72 Pat

Pat
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I've been on the CALM website and most of the legislation pertains to keeping and taking of amphibians. You can't keep any without a licence. It may not extend to their destruction.... I'm not sure but worth an email I would have thought.

#73 bigjohnnofish

bigjohnnofish
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (MadDocker @ Oct 16 2012, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(a) in the case of any person, unless he satisfies the court that the dog was being used in good faith in the reasonable defence of any person or property or for the droving or removal of any animal found trespassing;

the dog was being used to defend your property of cats.... therefore if your dog kills a cat on your property you do not have any thing to answer for.... as i suggested tongue.gif

tarpon - doesnt the old plastic cooldrink bottle of water on your front lawn deter dogs from doing their business ???

#74 Tarpon

Tarpon
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (bigjohnnofish @ Oct 17 2012, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tarpon - doesnt the old plastic cooldrink bottle of water on your front lawn deter dogs from doing their business ???

Doesn't work, is it an old wives tale?

#75 computerlog

computerlog
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

Non lethal method which worked for this guy, plus he's in Perth so maybe he can sell you the set up if he's done with it. Trapping an cray bait would be a lot more effective...and not to be picky but CALM no longer exists, DEC maybe?

Edited by computerlog, 17 October 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#76 Fox

Fox
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

LOL Very good video!

Damm Mitsubishi Haters!!!!!

#77 werdna

werdna
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Motion detectors have a built in relay so you wouldn't need to connect via the LED light.
Apart from that, great video smile.gif

#78 MadDocker

MadDocker
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (bigjohnnofish @ Oct 16 2012, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the dog was being used to defend your property of cats.... therefore if your dog kills a cat on your property you do not have any thing to answer for.... as i suggested tongue.gif

Yeah, it states it clearly in the dog act. If your dog attacks an animal trespassing on it's property, there is no case to answer. What do you think I posted it for?

#79 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

wranga piss bucket hahahaha

#80 tastyfish1980

tastyfish1980
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

My wife and I "cacked" ourselves laughing. Brilliant entertainment. Craig Turner, what a talent!

That vid reminded us of an old address of ours. We had neighbours, the type that are hard nosed, pushy and don`t see reasoning as a need to stay remaining on good neighbourly terms. The scots made themselves at home.........in our home, by pointing out that the previous owners allowed them to use the pool when they so desired, during summer. So, okay. But they had 2 siamese cats. They thought that they were Egyptian symbols of freedom and could do no wrong, especially when it came to pissing on our car (my precious XY Ford V8 Fairmont), the front door of the house and, if you weren`t quick, inside our house, when you opened up the front door to step outside. Their piss stunk!!! Like were they crossed with skunks? They refused to entertain the notion that we were being inconvienced by them. "Our cats don`t smell, they are sterilized". "Bloody cat crap", they didn`t stink. Needless to say after a while they stopped coming over for a dunk in our pool. People! Some people, the one`s that say, "what`s wrong with you, nobody else complains" type. "How dare you say we can`t do what we like, when we like", type. Rant over.

Good job.........Craig Turner. laugh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users