My 6ft 3 Tier Auto Water Changing Setup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hi all,

Bought this 3 tier, 6 foot set up recently from duboisi. It has 6x3ft tanks on it all with holes in the back for overflow to the sump.

I have bought all the bits and pieces i need for it all to work. I am going to have all tanks overflowing to a 200L sump. In the sump i have bought 5 kg of ceramic rings and 2x 500x500x100mm pieces of filter sponge, and a 1mx1mx3cm filter matting. I also have a 5000lph sump pump as a return pump.

For the automatic water changing system, i have bought a reticulation controller (2 zone), solenoid valve, float valve.

The sump will have 3 holes drilled into it. 2 of them will be up one end, one hole near the bottom of the sump and the other near the top/rim of the sump. the third hole will be up the other end of the sump (return pump end) and will be located at the water level i will run the sump at (yet to be decided).

The solenoid valve will be on the lower of the 2 holes. it will open daily for a few minutes thanks to the retic controller, drain some water out. As the water level drops it will open the float valve and refill the sump.
The top hole is an overflow hole, just incase for some reason the float valve passes or i miss calculated the amount the tanks will drop to the sump in a power outage.

So far i am just repainting the stand and cleaning the tanks up. Then i will cut all the PVC to length and move it all inside to the office/fish room.

Edited by Hypanheaven, 01 July 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#2 Mausberg

Mausberg
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

i bought the other 2..how heavy are those racks!? good quality heavy duty though, they were a damn good buy i reckon

#3 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, definantly a great buy, whats the plans for yours? I am putting my L's in them for breeding andmslso some fry grow out

You bought the other 2? he had around 8 left when i was there! Crazy setup

Edited by Hypanheaven, 02 March 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#4 Mausberg

Mausberg
  • Forum Member

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

i bought the 2 with the 3 x 6 footers on each of them. 4 of the tanks will be discus, 2 of the tanks i'll put some dividers into and do dwarf south americans, i also have another rack i have with 12 x 2 footers will probably be full of community kinds of fish...... as soon as they finish building my house... lol

Attached Files

Edited by Mausberg, 02 March 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#5 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Update:

finished the build, below are the pictures, hopefully its fairly self explanatory. The sump is a 220L tub with a 80L tub inside of it holding foam and cermamic rings, so i can just lift it all out and clean it when ever needed. Notice all the unions, thats so i can remove the sump easily since it in the corner and my returns all have pvc dropping the water right under the surface of the sump so no noise. All the deliverys to the tanks are Pvc and took me a whole day to make all up, all in all its super easy and im very happy with it all.

#6 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Luv the amount of prep goodjob.gif

What's the thing with the red wires coming out of it? Pump? Solenoid?

Daz

#7 Riggers

Riggers
  • Forum Member

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Niiiiiiiice!!!! Love it, get ya DIY on!!

#8 Hypanheaven

Hypanheaven
  • Forum Member

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

cheers, the black thing with wires is the solenoid valve, i have had to change solenoids because that one needed more back pressure to open, so i have had to find one with a weaker spring that needs less force to open since all solenoids are built for reticulation circuits they expect to have a water pressure behind it.

#9 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Have seen this set up in person. Brad has done a great job with the DIY.

Need to update the pics when you get back from work mate.

Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users