Photo

Today In The Fishroom ~ 2/9/12 Paratheraps Zonatus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aquamojo

Aquamojo
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

I take lots of photos of this particular fish. He's very interactive...and as you can see, poses nice in front of the camera. Her's the photo lighting set up.

His color is more white and blue now than previously when it was more blue on white. He swings back and forth more toward one or the other depending on his mood. When he's keyed up and agitated...as he is in this series...it's more like this:

It is very easy to "direct" this fish into one pose or another. Here's what happens when I move or adjust the flash at the top:

If I step back and wait...he gets curious and will assume an upright pose like this:

I know that if I wait, he will eventually flare all of his fins. As I see it, the best possible pose.

And of course, touching the glass evokes this response. Interesting that in order to get this shot I have to time and press take the picture in what I think is a split second before he hits the glass. I've gotten pretty good at anticipating his moves...and been able to get lots of pictures like this. Also interesting in this photo...note you can see inside his mouth. With flash above and below, it shouldn't illuminate the mouth. IN addition to the lights above, I used a small fill flash from the camera to illuminate head on.

Great model. smile.gif

#2 Peckoltia

Peckoltia
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

The head on shot where you can see inside the mouth is amazing!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users