Noob Planted Tropical

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 He4dsp1n

He4dsp1n
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi everyone!

Well, firstly - i am blown away by how great this forum is, and its Perth based which makes it even better, because I cant wait to come to one of the monthly get-togethers and meet and greet.

I have two tanks, a hexagonal about two foot tall (about to go LED lighting in the near future) and a four feet wide regular tank.  Both are planted with some nice fish and i love them very much.  A bit of algae in the four footer lately, but i am working through it and i have already learned a few things while here.

I'll post some photos in the near future just for fun.

I'm about to start my third tank, its only a three footer, but i will be trying some amano style aquascaping (a little scared but cant wait to give it a whirl.) 

I still consider myself very new to the hobby, but i love it so much, i get home from work and sometimes just sit and stare at my tanks for an hour before i even think about doing anything else, its like my own personal meditation.  Considering i play full contact sports for fun, i love the completely serenity of the underwater world. :)

I love visiting the aquarium shops around Perth, just for a look, a chat and always learning.....  I even built my own DIY CO2 system for my four footer (champagne yeast is awesome!) and seems to be working awesomely.

Anyway, i am searching for HC for my new tank, and it seems rare as hens teeth this time of year, so if anyone has seen a shop that has it (i live in beechboro but i dont mind road trips), please say hi and i'll go visit where you recommend. :)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, how nice is the sun today! :D

#2 Zabick

Zabick
  • Forum Member

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Gday and welcome, ive found PCS is a excellent place for good info, friendly advise and some good gossip too.. i hope you enjoy being apart of it!

#3 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Welcome!

#4 TheTexasCichlidMasacre

TheTexasCichlidMasacre
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

welcome to the forum... :)

#5 scottvh

scottvh
  • Forum Member

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Howdy - yay I am not the new kid on the block anymore.....

Only been here a short time too but already everyone is very helpful and its a great team....

Look forward to seeing your photos :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users