Newbie On Pcs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AquaQueen

AquaQueen
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hi all,

Loving this forum, some great info and fantastic advise here also its pretty high tech with all the user features in profile post options etc. What a great place for Perth hobbyists. :)
Thought I should drop an intro. My name is Leah I have been keeping fish (cichlids in particular) on and off for at least 7 years. By all means no expert! Had 4 tanks at peak, then down to one 6'x2'x2'. We lost this display tank and its beautiful content about 18mths ago while leaving the lil bro to tank sit for a week while we took holidays.  Anyway, it took a while but dropped the tank in the wall for a double sided display only. So now starting from scratch again. I would love a salt water tank but the fresh water cichlids +backup hospital tank are really enough to keep us busy. Our old tank consisted of a bunch of stock from all over the place.  Had most from juvenile and seemed to work really well so we are basically starting again and making sure to get males, quite hard considering we are staring with juvies.
Currently in the 6x2x2
4x elec yellow
1x elec blue
1x blue dolphin
2x peacock (1fanta orange , 1blue&yellow)
1x jack D
1x green terror
1x red jewel
1x Texas green
2x big adult silver sharks
2x bristle nose
2x *cringe* and I know I "shouldn't" have them in there Trophious red, worked before so try again.

Almost full house once they grow up but really really want some good reds. Males of course - red emperor, red terror, eureka red, ruby red, red peacocks? ANYTHING RED lol!! Even purple? Open to suggestions and if anyone knows where I can get, please please please let me know. 

I love the hobby, it sure keeps us busy and another great way to have lots of pets without having a chicken and a bunny and a bird- a whole farm lol!
I would say I'm still learning when it comes to keeping cichlids so looking forward to some good reading, enthusiast chat, perhaps find some great rare "red" fish for our tank and make a few friends along the way.

I'll try post a pik of our tank. Like I said love marine so have decorated it that way and added the 2 silver sharks as "reef" shark look lol. Most visitors think its real coral salt tank etc... Thanks guys. xx
Attached File  IMG_3245.JPG   98.12KB   1 downloads
Attached File  IMG_3250.JPG   104.7KB   0 downloads

#2 gezza

gezza
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Welcome to PCS you will learn great advice from hobbyist on here!!!

#3 convict paul

convict paul
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

Welcome, good to see another member from duncraig!  ;)

#4 MrLeifBeaver

MrLeifBeaver
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Welcome. Nice photos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users