WTB: 6' tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:47 PM

Hello.

I really need a bigger tank as my current fish are packed in like sardines atm and they really shouldnt be kept this cramped for too much longer. I have two options, one to get rid of some of the fish, or two to get a bigger tank. Obviously i'm going the second option :p

Anyways, does anyone have a 6' tank or similar they are willing to sell? Preferably include lights, heaters, perhaps stand and good filter (or no filter and i'll make a sump). Larger is preferable (so a 6x2x2 is better, and a 7x2x2 is even better still, but probably no larger). I will settle for a 6x14x18 but only if the price is reasonable.

I'm looked in the paper and the quokka, but either the tanks are too small, missing important parts or ridiculosely expensive (i've seen some go for $2-3k+ :nsg i could buy a completely new high quality tank for less than that). I'm kinda hoping for under $300-400 but provisions can be made for other options, i dont want to restrict myself. If you also have only some of the parts still contact me.(i also might also be interested in 2 6'ers, one can be standard, cause then i can get some tangs :p )

I'll keep looking in the paper/quokka, but if anyone here has one they'd like to sell contact me at:
hlokk[at]hotmail.com or post a message.

#2 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

hmmm...6x2x2 for under $500; with stand, filter, heater and light??
Think you will be dreaming.

Just a word of caution to ya tho...a guy I know bought a 7x2x2 with a cabinet and sump for $600 from the quokka.
After filling it and putting his fish in he went to bed at the normal time...only to be woken at 3am by the sound of Rushing water.
The bottom-rear seam had split on the tank and all the water(cept for about 5%) flooded onto his new Hardwood floor. He managed to save all his fish, Fronty's mind you, and returned the tank for a full refund(something only big, hairy, nasty looking types can manage :eek ).
So take this as a warning when looking to save money.

Edited by: Mazimbwe  at: 4/10/04 10:20 pm

#3 anchar

anchar
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:57 PM

I agree with Maz....too good to be true usually means exactly that:good Also faulty electrical appliances and water=:nsg

merjo

#4 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:58 PM

Well, maybe a 6x2x2 with a pine stand, single light and heater for under $500 :p

It was flexible depending on what stuffs included, if the filter is some cheap internal one its diff from having a complete sump or a cannister.

It doesnt have to be 6x2x2 but is prefered. It can also be missing some stuff but complete is usually better (unless u are paying for stuff u dont want). If it doesnt come with a stand for example i'll just make one.

Edited by: hlokk at: 4/10/04 3:02 pm

#5 BengaBoy

BengaBoy
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 April 2004 - 12:26 AM

have a look at this old post
for sale 6x14x18's
- price would be cheaper without the Eheim filters. I was thinking of putting it in my study in my new place after I move but if you are keen

Steve

#6 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:56 AM

Is the post for the single tank at the bottom, or both the tanks? If its the two tanks, stand, 2 filters(+2 internal), 2 lights, 2 heaters for $700 then it sounds pretty good. Let me know whether it was one or both tanks though.

#7 BengaBoy

BengaBoy
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:17 AM

it was $700 for both - tho I no longer have the 4' light for the bottom tank.
$520 without bottom tank (and its filters, heater etc).

have some substrate u can have.

#8 Mazimbwe

Mazimbwe
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:57 PM

BengaBoy to the rescue :p
hlokk, sounds like you have found what you were looking for!! :good
Plus you have room to improve/expand your hobby in the future.
If you are a member of the PCS you will have the opportunity to "snavell" a few deals at the auctions(and with the members discount at the sponsor-LFS's, the deals offered here on the forums, etc, etc) you will be able to equip your lower tank and have it built for a "song". ;)

#9 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:38 PM

Yep, looks good, now all i have to do is check the fish i want will fit in the tanks as well as get a light (and enough money to buy the fish i want, lol)

#10 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 April 2004 - 01:09 AM

Hmmm, anyone with any 6x2x2 tanks? I'm trying to consider my options here.

Its either the standard 6'ers and miss a few fish i want or hope to find some 6x2x2s. Anyone have any they'd wish to offload?

#11 Barca888

Barca888
  • Forum Member

Posted 12 April 2004 - 06:59 AM

Some people dont realise the costs of large tanks and im sure a bargain can turn up in the quokka.

#12 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:04 PM

At the moment i'm aiming to get a standard 6' (or bigger if i can find it :p ), then wait until i can find a good 6x2x2 at a decent price.

So let me know if any of you have standard 6'ers (or above) that u'd like to sell. I dont really want to let my fish be squished in my tank any longer :p

#13 oo fish styx oo

oo fish styx oo
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:23 PM

Hlokk

I have a 7 x 2 x 2 on a Wrought Iron and Jarrah Cabinet with a Sump filter that I'm selling.

Probably not as cheap as you'd like, but it is less than 12 months old, and I had it custom built.

Call me if you're interested

0418 906 481

Colleen

#14 hlokk

hlokk
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 April 2004 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, it looks great and i'd love to have it tongue.gif But i'd also love to have the money to have it, lol.

#15 TI

TI
  • Forum Member

Posted 18 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

yeah mate i have a 6ft standard i'll sell ya for $90 and a 6ft large i'll sell ya for $120 drop us an email or ya can reply here at FLYHIGHSTAYDEEP@hotmail.com

#16 Tha booda

Tha booda
  • Forum Member

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:55 PM

hi
What are the measurments of the tanks?
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users