Photo

License

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 effan07

effan07
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

Finally I have gotten my license, Ive had it for a week or so and been driving everywhere (quite a few fish shops) biggrin.gif should be able to go to auctions and stuff now as I dont need my parents to come who aren't that interested.
Thought I'd let you guys know.

Cheers Evan

#2 Brett93

Brett93
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

hey,

Congrats on the liscence smile.gif

im going for my L's in a week or two smile.gif

regards,
Brett

#3 Matt_1

Matt_1
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

Congrats. I know what that's like wink.gif
Recommend you pop down to some of the SoR shops. You will be impressed.

#4 Donna

Donna
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Awesome, well done.

#5 effan07

effan07
  • Forum Member

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

cheers everyone
Will do next weekend
been wanting to get down there for a while now I can laugh.gif

cheers Evan

#6 highlucks

highlucks
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

well done mate, so what are you driving and what do you hope to be driving.

#7 ZOLTAN

ZOLTAN
  • Forum Member

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

So me let me get my head around this for a sec ( nothing bad ) did you just recently sit the driving part of the test and got to wait out 6 months before you can drive on your own. Or you did the driving part of the test and pass 6 months ago and your free now to do what you want to do?

The only reason i'm trying to clear this up is because my little bro's girlfriend passed her driving test about 1 or 2 months back, now she can drive in the car but not on her own, only with another person that has his/her license. She has to wait 6 months before she can drive on her own, she said it's part of the log book system in place for p plater's. She said she has to log up 25 hrs worth of driving over a span of six months to be able to drive freely on the roads without another person in the car.

Now you can log up the 25 hrs in a space of a week within the six months but if your hrs are clocked before the six months are up you still can't drive on your own til the period is over. So effan any idea on this mate, because i would hate to see or hear that you went out and got pinned by the cops for it, and those bugga's have new little computers in their cars that allow them scan the drivers rego plates on it's own. Think of it as a smaller version of skynet inside the car.

If you didn't have to worry about any of that then congrats on your ticket to freedom.

#8 effan07

effan07
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (highlucks @ May 19 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well done mate, so what are you driving and what do you hope to be driving.

At the moment in driving a 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer GLi coupe 1.6L, LOL blink.gif
wanna get myself a well still thinking about that, probably a short wheel based a wheel drive like a suzuki vitara or diahatsu feroza, something like that which I can aford lol

Cheers Evan

QUOTE (ZOLTAN @ May 19 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So me let me get my head around this for a sec ( nothing bad ) did you just recently sit the driving part of the test and got to wait out 6 months before you can drive on your own. Or you did the driving part of the test and pass 6 months ago and your free now to do what you want to do?

The only reason i'm trying to clear this up is because my little bro's girlfriend passed her driving test about 1 or 2 months back, now she can drive in the car but not on her own, only with another person that has his/her license. She has to wait 6 months before she can drive on her own, she said it's part of the log book system in place for p plater's. She said she has to log up 25 hrs worth of driving over a span of six months to be able to drive freely on the roads without another person in the car.

Now you can log up the 25 hrs in a space of a week within the six months but if your hrs are clocked before the six months are up you still can't drive on your own til the period is over. So effan any idea on this mate, because i would hate to see or hear that you went out and got pinned by the cops for it, and those bugga's have new little computers in their cars that allow them scan the drivers rego plates on it's own. Think of it as a smaller version of skynet inside the car.

If you didn't have to worry about any of that then congrats on your ticket to freedom.

lol, your right mate, but I'm under the old system, (just got in, was lucky) so just had to do 25 hours (took 1 and a 1/2 weeks) then sight a little computer test took, 15min passed that easy, then some lady at the perth licensing centre gave me my P's.
So I can drive wherever, whenever (except after 12 pm to 5am lol) I like.
Cheers for the concern tho mate

Cheers Evan

#9 ZOLTAN

ZOLTAN
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Good to hear, lucky to squeeze in smile.gif unlucky about the time restrictions tho, how long does that go for?

#10 effan07

effan07
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (ZOLTAN @ May 20 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good to hear, lucky to squeeze in smile.gif unlucky about the time restrictions tho, how long does that go for?

6 months unfortunately
feel sorry for ur bros girlfriend waiting 6 months sucks.

Cheers Evan

#11 Matt_1

Matt_1
  • Forum Member

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

yeah i recently got my greens. Only once I was out driving after 12 on my reds so don't be too worried.

Yeah the time restrictions on others suck aye

#12 effan07

effan07
  • Forum Member

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Matt_1 @ May 20 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah the time restrictions on others suck aye

yea lucky I got in under the old system, otherwise Id still have 5 months to go blink.gif

Cheers Evan

#13 sleepycod

sleepycod
  • Forum Member

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

congrats on getting licence....please please please dont be like a lot of p platers and think that u can win a fight with a truck....i have nearly ran over the top of p platers who seem to think my semi or road train can stop as fast as there lil car....i cant lol....have seen many a p plater and other drivers eyes pop outta there head wen a fully laden semi/road train has had to jump on the anchors...so congrats....but be aware...and may you have many happy years of driving....greg

#14 effan07

effan07
  • Forum Member

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (sleepycod @ Jun 8 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congrats on getting licence....please please please dont be like a lot of p platers and think that u can win a fight with a truck....i have nearly ran over the top of p platers who seem to think my semi or road train can stop as fast as there lil car....i cant lol....have seen many a p plater and other drivers eyes pop outta there head wen a fully laden semi/road train has had to jump on the anchors...so congrats....but be aware...and may you have many happy years of driving....greg

Not that stupid Lol I know a fight I cant win lol, especially in a Lancer laugh.gif, cheers for the warning though mate.

Evan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users