• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JackMack

JackMack
  • Forum Member

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hi guys,

Hopefully picking up some Rio Brancos sometime soon,
I am set to get 3x around 10cm and they are going into a 4ft that I plan to have a single arch of driftwood in in which I will grow java fern and anubias etc on so I can have some greenery that the Rios wont rip out whilst sifting.
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips as to what to feed them, flow rate, decor etc
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackson.

#2 47Ronin

47Ronin
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

When I kept various Geos I kept them on fine sand I gathered from the avon river.  This made a huge difference in the sifting habits.  Instead of spitting gravel back out the mouth the sand would pour out the gills, a more natural behaviour I believe.  I used smooth, semi-flat river rocks as spawning sites.

#3 Redevilz

Redevilz
  • Forum Member

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Best of Luck with the Geos Jack!

Make sure you put up some photos!

Personally, I think the tank would look amazing with large arc type branching driftwood pieces with Java moss and Anubias Nana with fine river sand as a substrate. River stones would look awesome too atound the driftwood.

#4 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Hey Jack,

Sounds good.

As 47 Ronin said, a fine sand is the preferred substrate, especially if it's a display and you want to see some natural behaviour. I used playsand for mine but the river sand sounds better as It wouldn't be bright white. I would look into getting a few more fish as geos feel more comfortable in groups 5+.

they aren't too fussy as far as food goes and will eat just about anything. Provide some places to hide and get the temp up to 30 degrees and the pH down to 6 if you can for best conditions.

And get some pics up ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users