62 replies to this topic

#21 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

I'm an environmentalist but I work for a mining company
I'm a humanitarian but I like diamonds
I'm a cichlid enthusiast but I love trying to bring down people who actively try and improve the hobby

I think it's narrow minded to view the world so simplistically smile.gif

#22 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Poncho @ Jun 24 2011, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes Hood our soul is for sale laugh.gif

Mine is too! $50 and it's all yours

Is $50 all it is for sponsorship?

#23 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Did you want to discuss the PCS's approach to hybrids or continue making yourself look stupid?

#24 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

How am I making myself look stupid mate... I thought you were making yourself and the PCS look stupid when you compared the PCS to the US, mate.

Edited by Hood, 24 June 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#25 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Good laugh!!!
Thanks Hood you crack me up!!!

#26 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (choombies @ Jun 24 2011, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good laugh!!!
Thanks Hood you crack me up!!!

Cheers mate!! That is always my goal!! The enjoyment of our hobby!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Poncho @ Jun 24 2011, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You still haven't answered my question mate, is this all sponsorship is? wink.gif

#27 choombies

choombies
  • Banned

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Touch more than that Hood... Feel free to PM me if you have a shop front based store and would like more info as I am the PCS sponsor liason officer. smile.gif

#28 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

Then why did Poncho say that the PCS and his "soul" was up for sale for $50 on PCS's own public forum?
When I asked if the PCS's "soul" was for sale in relation to the knowing trade of hybrids, in relationship to payment for sponsorship on this forum. wink.gif

Edited by Hood, 24 June 2011 - 05:17 PM.

#29 Fish Antics

Fish Antics

Treasurer / Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

Im sorry but you make absolotuley no sence. The club is made up of people with many different interests, opinions and views. They are all welcome in the club and can share the benifits of getting to know each other in person at meeting, sharing information and fish through both the forums and meetings. Just because we all have different idea's doesnt mean we can not belong to the same club, so long as we each can respect the rules and policies of the club. There are hundreds of forums poping up for all sorts of different groups and fads, it is the nature of the modern world. Most of these will come and go, this one will last beacuse it has the club behind it and will have the resource of people who are interested in it behind it. So even if the past and present committee, moderators move on there are a new group waiting to take their place to make sure it continues.

If I like or dislike Hybrids is irelevant so long as a committee member I follow the constitution and as a club member and forum user I respect and abide by their rules.

As a person who works in a shop on occasions that may sell the odd Hybrid fish, I have no right to interfer with a business decission of the owner, nor can I refuse to sell a fish to someone who wants to buy it. I can just try to encourage the natural varieties available.

To say that I should not work in a shop just because they might sell the odd flowerhorn is absurd to say the least. If I smell something offensive, do I cut my nose off, or try to work to remove the source of that smell...

Tony

#30 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (choombies @ Jun 24 2011, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Touch more than that Hood... Feel free to PM me if you have a shop front based store and would like more info as I am the PCS sponsor liason officer. smile.gif

Oh yeah, and if it is much more than that? I believe all club members have a right to know...
...and while I'm asking much does the club and this forum intertwined, profit off the plausible sale of the very fish which it tries to make policy against, through the sale of sponsorship on this forum? wink.gif

QUOTE (Fish Antics @ Jun 24 2011, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sorry but you make absolotuley no sence. The club is made up of people with many different interests, opinions and views. They are all welcome in the club and can share the benifits of getting to know each other in person at meeting, sharing information and fish through both the forums and meetings. Just because we all have different idea's doesnt mean we can not belong to the same club, so long as we each can respect the rules and policies of the club. There are hundreds of forums poping up for all sorts of different groups and fads, it is the nature of the modern world. Most of these will come and go, this one will last beacuse it has the club behind it and will have the resource of people who are interested in it behind it. So even if the past and present committee, moderators move on there are a new group waiting to take their place to make sure it continues.

If I like or dislike Hybrids is irelevant so long as a committee member I follow the constitution and as a club member and forum user I respect and abide by their rules.

Ok then, why does the committee of the club mod the forum if they are separate?
And while they are at it, why do they make policy which they enforce on this forum, but do not enforce as the club as a whole?

I am not trying to be rude here, but these are questions I have had for a long time and now you have brought up a thread where it has lead to me having the ability to finally ask them. biggrin.gif

Edited by Hood, 24 June 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#31 dazzabozza

dazzabozza

Life Member

• Admin

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (Hood @ Jun 24 2011, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So the clubs "soul" is for sale at a price?

Hood, you make it sound like the "highest payers" earn the right to do what they want here. Sponsors can't trade hybrids (the ones we have declared) on the forum or any PCS function. We have no control nor should we even entice the idea of what businesses or individuals (including the committee) do outside of the PCS. So where you ask "why do they make policy which they enforce on this forum, but do not enforce as the club as a whole" we do. The "whole" club being the forum and club events (meetings, auctions etc), not people's workplaces / homes.

The issue as I see it is the non-trading/promotion of hybrids has been used partly as a detterent to make people think "if they're not allowed here then what's wrong with them?" rather than more focus being put into more education on the topic. "Getting the message across on hybrids" is the challenge and I look forward to anyone willing to spend some time on improving this area by providing well written articles to do so.

QUOTE (Hood @ Jun 24 2011, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok then, if trading hybrids is against forum policy and the forum is part of the Club, then how can the club take money from sponsers, that knowingly sell hybrids, for advertising on the forum?

No money is taken from sponsors, only goods/voucher donations ($500 worth per annum) which go to the members. So where you ask is $50 enough to sponsor.. it's not. Any cash figure regardless of how much is not enough to sponsor the PCS. Sponsors are chosen on what they can provide to the club and its members including donation, knowledge and experience. This is one of the reasons the "big chain" stores and "backyarders" applications have been rejected.

Sponsors and Club Membership both play an important role in keeping the club running, without 1 of them then it's likely the club would cease to function or we'd miss out on some luxuries, escpecially the ones we've had over the last few years (over $5000 spent on international speakers). Show me a non-club/society run forum (think of yours in particular) that could pull this off?

Have a read of "Why Does The Pcs Need Its Sponsors & Members? Explained"(click) for more info on this.

Daz

#32 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Jun 24 2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hood, you make it sound like the "highest payers" earn the right to do what they want here. Sponsors can't trade hybrids (the ones we have declared) on the forum. We have no control nor should we even entice the idea of what businesses or individuals (including the committee) do outside of the PCS. So were you ask "why do they make policy which they enforce on this forum, but do not enforce as the club as a whole" we do. The "whole" club being the forum and club events (meetings, auctions etc), not people's workplaces / homes.

The issue as I see it is the non-trading/promotion of hybrids has been used partly as a detterent to make people think "if they're not allowed here then what's wrong with them?" rather than more focus being put into more education on the topic. "Getting the message across on hybrids" is the challenge and I look forward anyone willing to spend some time on improving this area by providing well written articles to do so.

Ok, I agree with this in part?
But having this policy only partly enforced, does the club not feel this makes them seen as a touch hypocritical to take money from business's that openly trade in species the club does not permit?

QUOTE (dazzabozza @ Jun 24 2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No money is taken from sponsors, only goods/voucher donations ($500 worth per annum) which go to the members. So where you ask is $50 enough to sponsor.. it's not. Any cash figure regardless of how much is enough to sponsor the PCS. Sponsors are chosen on what they can provide to the club and its members for both product, knowledge and experience. This is one of the reasons the "big chain" stores and "backyarders" applications have been rejected.

Sponsors and Club Membership both play an important role in keeping the club running, without 1 of them then it's likely the club would cease to function or we'd miss out on some luxuries, escpecially the ones we've had over the last few years (over $5000 spent on international speakers). Show me a non-club/society based forum (think of yours in particular) that could pull this off?

Have a read of "Why Does The Pcs Need Its Sponsors & Members? Explained"(click) for more info on this.

Daz

Just to be clear I was not asking if I could give you $50 and would that be enough?
I asked If the club soul was up for sale in relation to policy since they took money from business's that profited from the trade of fish that the club or this forum (whether speperate or together) would stand to see removed from trade, as indicated by their policy?
And Poncho returned with:
QUOTE ('Poncho')

#33 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hood , why the constant debate? We only limit what people sell or promote on the forum , or at a club function , auction for example .
It's that simple . Even a sponsor could not promote a hybrid on this site , it's that simple .
I could keep a whole shed full of hybrids alone and be the countrys largest wholesaler and still be on the committe so long as I don't use the PCS to conduct my business or promote my hybrids , yes it's that simple .
What part of that don't you understand ?
If your a member you have to comply , it's that simple
Offline or away from PCS events , do what you like , it's that simple .

#34 BIG-PETE

BIG-PETE
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

im going to get pop corn who wants some

#35 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (scottyhooton @ Jun 24 2011, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hood , why the constant debate? We only limit what people sell or promote on the forum , or at a club function , auction for example .
It's that simple . Even a sponsor could not promote a hybrid on this site , it's that simple .
I could keep a whole shed full of hybrids alone and be the countrys largest wholesaler and still be on the committe so long as I don't use the PCS to conduct my business or promote my hybrids , yes it's that simple .
What part of that don't you understand ?
If your a member you have to comply , it's that simple
Offline or away from PCS events , do what you like , it's that simple .

I never stated anything that was even in the vicinity of not understanding mate.
I simply asked whether the committee felt that being in this situation of stating Hybrids are banned and we must stop their trade on the forum, then on the other hand "you could be the largest wholesaler of hybrids" as you put it, and be on the committee, and the club would not even say anything, do you not find this hypocritical?

QUOTE ('scottyhooton')
Hood , why the constant debate?

...and why the constant debate you ask? Is this not a forum? and did you not open this up to debate? biggrin.gif

Edited by Hood, 24 June 2011 - 06:26 PM.

#36 Poncho

Poncho

Vice Presidente Castro

• Committee

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Have a look here Hood - it may help you understand my comments. Type in analogy while you're there wink.gif
link

When you want to actually debate/question the approach to hybrids and make the effort to comprehend the responses instead of being a smart arse, I'm more than happy to engage

#37 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

How am I being a smart arse mate, I am simply asking the club stand point on policy and you guys keep saying damaging things like:
QUOTE ('Poncho')

Which I find damaging to the image of a club which I pay fee to be a members of, and you guys are supposed to be our elected representatives mate.
Why are you guys so angry?
I have not stated anything here in anger simply asked question. You have refused to give me straight answers to the question I have asked and it has all been laid out here in public for all to see.

Do you not see you comments as damaging to the club mate? huh.gif

Edited by Poncho, 24 June 2011 - 07:25 PM.
Please do not quote me incorrectly. Poncho

#38 scottyhooton

scottyhooton
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

Who's angry mate, the reason I gave you that example is because you asked how can Tony work in a shop that could sell hybrids , read the whole sentence and you'll find your answer , yes it's that simple.

Something tells me this is all about something else mate, I have only heard you make ridiculous statements in an attempt to discredit committee members, not discuss our position on hybrids.

Are you lashing out because other club policy's have affected you lately?

#39 tranced

tranced
  • Forum Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

think about it this way, if you advertised a fish for sale on the classifieds, and while the person was at your house, offered them flowerhorns for sale, do you think its the clubs place to try and stop you? this is effectively the same as what happens with the sponsors, they are not allowed to advertise hybrids on the forum, but if they sell them to people who walk in the door, in order to help keep their doors open for everyone else, who has the right to try and stop them?

the T&Cs are pretty clear, they dont prohibit you from keeping hybrids, selling hybrids off the forum, or even making sweet love to them if you so desire. its pretty simple, you cant advertise them here, accept and move on!

#40 Hood

Hood
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

You can keep dodging the question all you want. I will ask it untill you give me a straight answer.
Do you, as both individual members of the club, and commitee members of a club that apparently lobby's against hybrid trade, not find this hypocritical or contradictory?

I think this question is valid since the title of this thread is "hybrid policy and contridictions". wink.gif

And there is no reason for this other than debate about "hybrid policy and contradictions" within the club/forum, as the title of this thread states. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users