Fish Id Please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dlsinoz

dlsinoz
  • PCS Club Member

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hello all.

I have a fish which I would like an ID on. To be honest, I have no idea where I got it. I pulled it out of a tank which for a few years held a whole variety of species including peacocks, EY's, EB's, Maingano's and Socolofi's.

I had initially thought that it was one of my socolofi's, however I bought two originally and when I dismantled the tank I seemed to have a third. It is possible that the original two bred producing this one however the striping seems very strong and there seems to be a lack of egg spots. Also my original socolofi's had a distinct lack of strips with a striking pale blueish/white colouring. This fish has bred with my male and the fry have a similar striping to this one. I'm guessing the it may just be a female socolofi however it is so different to my original two that I'm unsure. Friends sometime give up on fish and throw a tankful of fish my way so maybe I have picked it up without realising.

Anyway pic's are attached. Sorry, cannot post pic's of dad as he stuck his head in an ornament and killed himself a few months back!!!

Thanks in advance

Devin

Attached Files

#2 Cawdor

Cawdor
  • Admin

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

I can't say exactly what it is but it's definitely an Mbuna or Mbuna cross. It has the typical body and mouth shape. So I don't think it would have any EB in it.

#3 cichlovr

cichlovr
  • Forum Member

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

Kind of has the markings of a Pseudo. Socolofi except the vertical stipes, a cross maybe?

#4 hareysfish

hareysfish
  • Forum Member

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

i'd say a pindani cross, it has the rite black on the fins and tail of a pindani , but the head shape and black barring is not normal , unless its under stress from the other fish which might bring out the barring of the fish , but even the body shape isn't quite rite for a pindani , it looks to stocky .hth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users